• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove's growth

coachx

Yeah God forbid he had to live the rest of his life with only a 2 million dollar start. That poor bastard. Do you know how many families will never make 2 million dollars in their entire life?

If Smoove is thinking any of those things in your post I would just as soon see him play somewhere else because I don't want a player like that on my team. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be that type of a man.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Yeah God forbid he had to live the rest of his life with only a 2 million dollar start. That poor bastard. Do you know how many families will never make 2 million dollars in their entire life?

If Smoove is thinking any of those things in your post I would just as soon see him play somewhere else because I don't want a player like that on my team. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be that type of a man.

That's basically how every professional athlete is. At least the younger guys who want to get paid while they can. Your career isn't guaranteed, I don't blame anyone who wants to get paid as much as they can. They have to live with the consequences if it doesn't work out.

If you pay a guy 2 million dollars in one year at his age and he invests that money like he should do he could live on that for the rest of his life more comfortably than a lot of full-time workers who are in much more dangerous careers could. Like you said I don't blame them for getting all that they can get but I'll be damned if I will feel sorry for anyone being forced to live on 2 million dollars.

You are being a little naive comparing "high life" NBA basketball players to common people like us. Hell I would play for peanuts to play in the league but I'm not near 7 feet being able to run and jump like that.

Okay let's look at his 2 million

1. 1/3 third of it has tax implications(not a tax expert but even at 1/4 of it is 500,000).

2. Along with the agent, family, "crew" and other expenses.

3. Although alot of money to us, 2 million dollars today doesn't spend like it did 10 years ago with the U.S. dollar being weak and the 1 euro dollar being substantially worth more than 1 american dollar.

4. I'm sure he has plans on living a lavish lifestyle and not investing his money on a 3 bedroom home like an average house owner. (unless he plans on getting involved in real estate)

I don't feel sorry for any millionaire but this guy along with other sports stars (Andruw Jones for instance, have you seen his home. Watch the At&t thing he did with Deion Sanders. All of that apparently living by himself) simply own and indulge in expensive things.

Didn't he turn down a 5 year 50-60 million contract at 21-22 years of age? I'm sure he loves the game but this is bidness first. I'm not saying he going to dog it until he gets to sign the extension but best believe in the back of his mind that staying healthy until then is a real priority.

Sorry I just had to laugh when someone said Joe and Marvin are good defenders please save it. And Don't show me any 82games stats or whatever because that's bull. This team as a whole sucks on defense not just Smoove who is the only one most of the time who actually gets back to stop a shot. Because Bibby and Joe can't keep their man in front of them. Smoove has improved A LOT and will continue to whether it be with a team who's fans [censored] about every little thing or a team who's fans will appreciate all that Smoove does for them...

Wow a Smoove homer post from a Smoove username fan. What a HUGE shock. The difference between Hawks fans and Smoove fans is that we can be critical of any player or praise any player on the team. Next to Bibby, Smoove is the worst perimeter defender among the regulars and anyone who isn't a Smoove homer will admit to that.

Yeah you are so so right like I've said before I'm pretty sure I know Smoove better than most of you "FANS" on here so If I am a Smoove Fan first then so be it. Say what you want about the kid. But there is NO ONE on this team that works harder than him to get better at what he does.. PEACE OUT!!!!!