• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson looking a lot like a WINNER lately...

bumpyphish1

Quote:

The only thing Marvin does better than Childress really is defensive rebound.

LOL Marvin doesn't need a Wal-Mart's worth of room to get a jumper off. Marvin scores 6 times as many points from the perimeter than Childress.

Quote:

Childress can impact the game by keeping our offense moving and setting people up.

So how do you explain the fact that he averages only 1.5 assists per game?

Quote:

Oh yeah, and this.

Marvin's points/shot: 1.27

Chill's points/shot: 1.61

That is because he takes easy shots. He doesn't take contested jumpers.

Quote:

better defender

LOL

Quote:

Marvin must score to be effective. He just doesn't bring anything else to the table.

That is one of the most ridiculous myths on this site and it drives me nuts. Marvin and JJ are by far our best perimeter defenders and it's a toss up on which one is better but Marvin routinely has to defend the opposing teams best wing player. He had T-Mac completely locked down and then when he went ouf of the game T-Mac went off.

Quote:

Marvin must score to be effective. He just doesn't bring anything else to the table.

Quote:

That is one of the most ridiculous myths on this site and it drives me nuts. Marvin and JJ are by far our best perimeter defenders and it's a toss up on which one is better but Marvin routinely has to defend the opposing teams best wing player. He had T-Mac completely locked down and then when he went ouf of the game T-Mac went off.

CO-SIGN! I swear I don't know if people are getting different broadcasts than me. Although Marvin can be awkward, he does a pretty good job of staying in front of his defender and is a good team defender. He also has the length to bother the shots of the volume scorers in this league (6'8" athletic swingmen: Lebron, Kobe, T-mac, Vinsanity, et all)

Chillz, although he has been better lately, is defensively just....lazy. Not to contribute to the ever-running Chillz v Marvin arguments, because I like them both, but to say Marvin has to score to be effective is asinine.

I must be getting old because I have no idea what you and mr red text are referring to with the "Co-Sign" statement.

What hurts Marvin the most is that he is very awkward and I have no idea why but when he drives into the lane and falls down like he did last night it really doesn't help his case any. He is also a terrible finisher in the lane unless he is wide open and even then he misses more dunks than he probably should. I think he really needs to work on strengthening his legs and his core this offseason if he hopes to improve on that. It seems like many teams have figured out that when Marvin drives he is hoping to get fouled and they aren't fouling him nearly as much anymore.