• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A challenge for all you 'Squawkers.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

Based on their cumulative, per-36 stats compiled before they turned 23, name these two players:

Player #1 vs. Player #2

5.5 FG vs. 5.0 FG

11.3 FGA vs. 11.3 FGA

0.1 3P vs. 0.1 3P

0.6 3PA vs. 0.6 3PA

3.9 FT vs. 3.9 FT

5.3 FTA vs. 4.9 FTA

1.8 OReb vs. 1.7 OReb

4.3 DReb vs. 4.4 DReb

2.6 Asst vs. 1.7 Asst

1.1 Stl vs 0.9 Stl

0.7 Blk vs. 0.5 Blk

2.0 TO vs. 1.8 TO

3.2 PF vs. 3.4 PF

14.9 Pts vs. 14.0 Pts.

Here's a hint:

Player #1 added 3 pt. range at age 23 to go from a "good mid-range shooter" to a pivotal starter for a playoff team. He has never been chosen for an All-Star game, but came close this season. Is considered a good defender who helps his team, but is not a #1 option.

If Marvin showed flashes of being able to do anything at all offensively besides shooting mid range jumpers no one would complain.

I wonder what the deal with Marvin's hands is... I mean, they're not quite Kwame-esque in their size and stone-age, but I wonder why he always fumbles the ball when heading to the hoop or trying to grab the rock out of the air. Hopefully, it's just a matter of confidence and strength that will improve, but the fact that he does this consistently leads me to believe it will be a chronic issue...

IF Marvin could improve on the above issue and do two thing on offense -- (1) extend his range by 3 ft, and (2) develop some game off the dribble [seemed to be doing this at the end of last year, but now he's back to his fumbling turnover ways] -- then he'd be a dangerous player on both ends and all the complaints would end. These are pretty substantial changes, although the raw materials are there it's just a matter of putting them together...