• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Best thing for Marvin

codyatl

Would be a trade outta here. It doesnt look like he will ever play well enough to make people forget chris paul and deron williams. Its best for everyone including the hawks to ship him out so we can all move on. I dont know what he could bring us but if we could parlay marvin into a center then we have to do it.

He has been putting up near laughable numbers for the last few months. How many times has he even broke 30 points? He is a an above average starter when he is playing good and nothing more. The biggest problem is that he isn't HALF the player that Williams and Paul are. He isn't the slightest big explosive. I was hoping for Antwan Jamison, but it looks like he is living up to Diesel's prediction of being more like Tim Thomas with worse range on shooting and abit more rebounding.

It's laughable that he has hit one three all year. I think there are centers that have made more 3's than Marvin. Heck, Childress even has more 3's than Marvin.

A team drafting in the top 3 should ALWAYS be drafting a guy that can immeadiately start for you. The Hawks made the mistake of keeping Harrington around, and not throwing Marvn right into the fire. They brought him along slowly, too slowly.

Comparing Marvin to 2 PGs is totally unfair to him. Both of those guards got a chance to be the leaders of their squads almost from the jump. The only way a forward can do that, if you clear room for him, much like Seattle did for Durant. If Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis were still around, Durant's impact as a rookie would be far less than it is now.

Having said that, Marvin does have to expand his game during the offseason. Offensively, he needs to decide if he's going to be a slasher with a midrange shot . . . or a midrange shooter that can also knock down the 3-ball that also goes to the hole occasionally.

Then, he needs to make a commitment to being one of the best perimter defensive player in the league, because he has the wingspan to be that. He's shown flashes of being a very good defender at times.

But enough about Marvin. Let's talk about Megan Good. Damn. I could suck on those lips all day long.

The thing that bothers me is the lack of explosiveness. He just doesn't seem like he has the potential to be "the guy" on a team. While I don't expect him to be prime right now, I don't see anything that suggests that he will be a future star. Smoove had shown way more flashes by his 3rd season than Marvin has shown now.

Marvin can dribble? Marvin's shooting isn't very good either.

I don't care what possibly the worst coach in the NBA says.

As a 3rd year player:

Josh Smith:3.4APG

Marvin:1.7APG

Who can't pass again?

Marvin simply isn't all that good.

Smoove still has awful ball handling ability, but Marvin is even worse. They have the same FG percentage career wise and Marvin has only hit one 3 this year. People really do overrate Marvin's so called great shooting. Marvin is a one trick pony and that one trick ain't even great.

Thank you. I am suggesting that Marvin may never live up to his potential because of all the talk. He needs a fresh start and we need to move on as well. The 1 guy I would love to see us get is Mehemet Okur. He would be a perfect fit for our offense,. He can stretch the d from the 5 which will help JSmoove as he takes smaller, weaker SF's to the post. I think Smoove would be pretty much unstoppable in the post playing the 3. Now, back to reality cause there is little to no chance utah gives us okur for marvin. Maybe throw in Zaza? Nah, I doubt it. It would be a dream trade for us though.

Its like this someone has to go as we just cant pay everyone wqhen we still have some holesw to fill so I say get Marvin outta here for his sake(I am a tarheal fan) and ours.

The thing that I don't understand about Marvin is not just his shooting slump. Everyone has those. Lately, he can't catch a pass. I saw two dishes underneath to him last night that went right through his hands. And what's with his driving attempts where he is off balance after his 1st step and falling down? When he gets into the lane he is just flipping wild attempts toward the backboard.....did he learn that from Zaza? I just don't get it. I get shooting slumps. But Marvin actually looks worse on the basketball court right now than at any other time in his professional career. I say trade him in a package deal for someone who can help the team win.