• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT JOSH SMITH TO BE RESIGNED

mattlanta

• Premium Member

Quote:

[so you think that Marvin and Horford were our most effective starters tonight?

See, you have to actually put some thought into this stat. You also have to look at how the opposing players did.

While Horford was only -6 himself, Noah and Gooden were terrific vs. him. Meanwhile, Hughes+Nocioni+Deng+Sefolosha were a combined 11-36. Marvin, JJ, and Childress did a good job collectively on defense.

Childress was the most effective Hawks tonight per minute.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

See, you have to actually put some thought into this stat. You also have to look at how the opposing players did.

While Horford was only -6 himself, Noah and Gooden were terrific vs. him. Meanwhile, Hughes+Nocioni+Deng+Sefolosha were a combined 11-36. Marvin, JJ, and Childress did a good job collectively on defense.

So again, you feel that Horford and Marvin were our most effective starters?

you bonehead smith and williams are the same age. they would both be juniors in college right now. I mean if he was a coming out of college this year hea would be the number one pick of the draft not marvin. Smiths bday is 12-85. Marvins is 6-86. OOOOOOOOO a whopping 7 months. Marvin sucks just say it

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes those are the only players beside Joe that were defending. They should get the credit for keeping us in the game while that dumb fvck(you know who)lost us the ball game.

they had off nights offensively though. They kept us in the game with their defense tonight. I am not gonna mention that dumb fvck anymore.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes those are the only players beside Joe that were defending. They should get the credit for keeping us in the game while that dumb fvck(you know who)lost us the ball game.

they had off nights offensively though. They kept us in the game with their defense tonight. I am not gonna mention that dumb fvck anymore.

LOL so I guess Marvin and Horford also played better than Bibby and JJ. OK. JJ actually played pretty good D tonight, and Bibby played better D tonight than I've seen him play all year. Yet Marvin/Horford were more effective, OK.

Quote:

you bonehead smith and williams are the same age. they would both be juniors in college right now. I mean if he was a coming out of college this year hea would be the number one pick of the draft not marvin. Smiths bday is 12-85. Marvins is 6-86. OOOOOOOOO a whopping 7 months. Marvin sucks just say it

What kind a world do you live in? Smoove with the #1 pick come on man. The only reason he was a high pick at 17 is because people thought he would mature and not be dumb anymore. He is 22 now and dumb as he ever was, no way someone would take a risk on him. Maybe late 1st rnd early second that's when the dumb players/tweeners seem to be drafted. See Salim!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL so I guess Marvin and Horford also played better than Bibby and JJ. OK. JJ actually played pretty good D tonight, and Bibby played better D tonight than I've seen him play all year. Yet Marvin/Horford were more effective, OK.

But the gap is much closer between them though because JJ struggled offensively as well. The other guy was - 20 with nobody even close to that.

Quote:

Yeah to cut the lead to 5 after that dumbass fvcked it up. Smoove lost us another game. I don't understand Woody, we were playing the best with Chill, Marv and Horford in there and than he puts Smoove so that Smoove doesn't get piss off. Fvck him woody let him whine about it all day who gives a sh!t, this is a team game not to pleas some dumbass.

We were down 94-90 with over 2 minutes left when that selfish bustard decides to drive on 3 players. Than Gordon hits the 3 and we are down 7. ball game!

I personnaly don't care whether he resigns with us or not. I know he will play good against us anytime we face his new team though.

Marvin sucks, but Smoove can be worse.

I kind of thought the same thing when I saw Smoove come back into the game. Woody routinely will go with the group that is playing the best in the 4th quarter. Normally, if Chill is playing well and Marvin is out, Marvin isn't getting back in the game. If Smoove is playing well at center, and Horford is out, Horford won't get back in either. So you kind of wonder why Woody didn't keep Smith out, especially seeing that he only had 2 rebounds at the time, and Marvin was actually rebounding the ball well in the 4th quarter ( 4 rebounds ).

Chicago grabbed 19 offensive rebounds tonight. That's why we lost. And my main complaint about Smoove, is that he doesn't ALWAYS play like a PF should play. This kid has to change his mindset, and be ready for WAR every night. It's unfair for Horford to have to shoulder the entire burden of grabbing every rebound. The one thing Smoove HAS to do on a nightly basis, is rebound.

When he grabs 6 rebounds or less in a game, we're 6 - 11.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But the gap is much closer between them though because JJ struggled offensively as well. The other guy was - 20 with nobody even close to that.

Since you love the +/- stat SO much, why is Smith's +/- over the ENTIRE season +3.1 (second highest on the team) and Marvin's is -4.4 (worse than any player not named Salim/Richardson/Solo)????? Hmmmm, I suppose that doesn't have any relevence?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since you love the +/- stat SO much, why is Smith's +/- over the ENTIRE season +3.1 (second highest on the team) and Marvin's is -4.4 (worse than any player not named Salim/Richardson/Solo)????? Hmmmm, I suppose that doesn't have any relevence?

I know Marvin sucks and i didn't expect him to be our leading +- guy, but tonight Smoove was worse than any other player on our team by a long shot.

Well - what few of us really want to address is - maybe none of them (JS/MW/JC) really stack up that well against other (good) team's forwards. All have real flaws.

So let's say we have an up-and-coming PF in Horford and we are gonna get a center.

Personally, given the option to keep one at the 3 - I'd keep JS over JC...it would be close....Marvin wouldn't even be in the contest.

Quote:

Quote:

I know Marvin sucks and i didn't expect him to be our leading +- guy, but tonight Smoove was worse than any other player on our team by a long shot.

So you're bashing Smith relentlessly over one game where in spite of other shortcomings he still shot 50%?? The Marvin bashing is here because he has sucked for 3 months, not one game. Everyone has bad games sometimes, every good defender gets lit up by scrubs sometimes. There is a REASON that Smith has a good +/- and is 2nd highest on the team. Just like there is a reason that Marvin has the worst +/- on our team out of the 8-9 players that get consistent minutes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If by Smith you mean Horford, then yeah you're right.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you're bashing Smith relentlessly over one game where in spite of other shortcomings he still shot 50%?? The Marvin bashing is here because he has sucked for 3 months, not one game. Everyone has bad games sometimes, every good defender gets lit up by scrubs sometimes. There is a REASON that Smith has a good +/- and is 2nd highest on the team. Just like there is a reason that Marvin has the worst +/- on our team out of the 8-9 players that get consistent minutes.

But Marvin is supposed to bad anyways right? Smoove is our best player right? That's what everyone on this board thinks. There is no excuse for slacking like Smoove does. JJ has a off game but mostly because defenses are so tight on him. Smoove just makes his boneheaded play either he is stupid or selfish.

Quote:

But Marvin is supposed to bad anyways right? Smoove is our best player right? That's what everyone on this board thinks. There is no excuse for slacking like Smoove does. JJ has a off game but mostly because defenses are so tight on him. Smoove just makes his boneheaded play either he is stupid or selfish.

I have never considered Smith a better player than JJ, ever. BTW there is a reason Smith has the 2nd highest +/- on our team, so he's obviously not hurting our team nearly as much as you seem to think he does.

Quote:

But he is being given the most oppurtunities behind JJ. He is the second option on offense. Marvin is 4th.

Offense isn't even the reason that Smith's +/- is so much better. The Hawks defense gives up 6.1 points LESS when he's on the floor which is the best on the team. With Marvin, it's only .6. So your theory that Marvin helps our defense more is also wrong.

And Marvin gets as many opportunities as anyone else on offense, it's just that he can't do anything unless he's set up for a midrange J.

well that has a lot to do with Marvin coming of early in the 1st qtr while Smoove is playing with the starters and Chill. That's when we play our best. Marvin comes back usualy at the end of 1st or early second qtr for JJ's or Smoove and plays with chill Zaza or lAw.

It's enough man i go to go sleep. Let's agree to disagree, i hope u don't get offended or something like that. Fvck this team sometimes. piece out.