• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Drew Goodens follow up game....

Plainview1981

Would have been interesting to see how they guarded him. But yeah, we made Gooden look all-world yesterday night. Bogut went off on us tonight, too. He did earlier in the season as well.

On a somewhat related, yet sidenote, Philly absolutely crushed the Bulls tonight. Murderized them by 22. Damn...no one should want to play those cats in the playoffs.

It makes me sick to see 2 guys like, Marvin & Josh, who both have the physical ability to be excellent defensive players, give up 19 point quarters to guys like Gooden.

They are better then that.

Can we call Stacey Augmon in here to help our guys with perimeter defense and Kevin Willis for post defense ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

It makes me sick to see 2 guys like, Marvin & Josh, who both have the physical ability to be excellent defensive players, give up 19 point quarters to guys like Gooden.

They are better then that.

Can we call Stacey Augmon in here to help our guys with perimeter defense and Kevin Willis for post defense ?

Though no one played good defense against Gooden (except maybe Zaza), Horford was by far the main culprit.... Not hating on him, because he has had a good/great year, but he is DEFINITELY slumping the last two games.

Quote:

He did not seem to play as physically the last two games as he did prior to that time. I wonder if he finally is starting to hit that rookie wall? I sure hope not because we need him to be the beast that he has shown he can be in the next 11 games.

He got a ton of rest last night and showed more life when he came back. I am not worried about Horf. Every player goes thru a couple bad games here and there. He has a hell of a motor.

philly has a legit big in samuel dalembert who isn't going to let gooden have his way in the paint. thad young was also in gooden face to make sure he didn't get those jumpers off. finally the sixers don't fall in love with jumpers. most of their baskets were the result of attacking the bulls weak frontline. we on the other hand kept jacking up mid-range jumpers that clanked off the rim and fueled their transition game. marvin was the main culptrit of this as he single-handedly shut us out early in the third quarter getting the hook by woodson. it shows what a team of athletes should be doing. why we don't is the $1,000 question.