• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Raising their games

Swatguy

Several guys are raising thier games lately. It has noted that Joe has been monsterous. Zaza is playing on a level we have not seen since 2006. Bibby is showing himself as "what was needed" and more. And Josh Chilldress.

For anyone to not appreciate Chillz game is politly indescribable. He brings everything wanted every game.

4 have raised their games. AL, JSmith, Marvin and Acie need to raise their games for us to not only make the playoffs but to be significant.

Coach Woodson has to find PT for Salim and Solomon. Having them in the loop (gametime) is wise.

• Moderators

I'd like to see Solomon and Richardson get some minutes but its almost too late to try to get these guys experience. We can't afford a lot of rookie mistakes in these late games.

I wish Salim had gotten more minutes this year but now I just think Richardson can provide more consistent shooting than Salim.

I'd like to see West at least get some hard fouls on the opposing stars for 3 or 4 minutes a game. Just to take them out of a rhythm.

Quote:

Several guys are raising thier games lately. It has noted that Joe has been monsterous. Zaza is playing on a level we have not seen since 2006. Bibby is showing himself as "what was needed" and more. And Josh Chilldress.

For anyone to not appreciate Chillz game is politly indescribable. He brings everything wanted every game.

4 have raised their games. AL, JSmith, Marvin and Acie need to raise their games for us to not only make the playoffs but to be significant.

Coach Woodson has to find PT for Salim and Solomon. Having them in the loop (gametime) is wise.

Marvin showed some good shooting touch last game and seems on the road to recovery.

Looking for big games from Al and Smoove tonite.

Quote:

For anyone to not appreciate Chillz game is politly indescribable.
He brings everything wanted every game.

mwahaha.gif

He has gotten only 1 defensive rebound in 5 games this month.

he has gotten only 8 pts or fewer in 6 games this month.

Everything wanted every game? LOL

Quote:

What is this obsession with our scrub bench players?

Salim and Solo would be buried DEEP on every other bench in the NBA, outside of maybe Seattle. I would NOT take minutes from ou core, just to give them to Solo or Salim, unless absolutely necessary.

I'm a Salim fan ( for whatever reason ), but I'm also a realist to what he brings to the table, which is very little. The same goes for Solo.

I'll keep saying this . . .

EVERYBODY CAN'T PLAY !!!!

At the end of the game, crunch time, Hawks need, indeed must have, their finest

on the floor.

In order for them to be somewhat fresh at the end, someone must stand in the gap

and hold the fort somewhere earlier in the game. Maybe not long. Maybe only

a couple of minutes here and there, but they need to ready and rarin' to go with

high energy.

If our bench is completely useless, release them and bring in some D-League

players.

Quote:

Quote:

What is this obsession with our scrub bench players?

Salim and Solo would be buried DEEP on every other bench in the NBA, outside of maybe Seattle. I would NOT take minutes from ou core, just to give them to Solo or Salim, unless absolutely necessary.

I'm a Salim fan ( for whatever reason ), but I'm also a realist to what he brings to the table, which is very little. The same goes for Solo.

I'll keep saying this . . .

EVERYBODY CAN'T PLAY !!!!

Salim used well can spell JJ 4-5 minutes and provide intense defense if he can be directed. He should be inserted in those offense needed moments.

Zaza should be starting, for balance and maximising Al's productivity. If Zaza shall start, Sol can spell him for those 4-5 minutesThose times when Woody uses Chillz to bring the ball up, Salim can play sg and get his shot on. Ultamately those 8-10 minutes would be charged towards Marvin. Which can serve for Marvin to refocus(which is needed Ever Game) and fresh for his opportunities.

Quote:

Quote:

mwahaha.gif

Thank you. I didn't have the energy. And personally, I want a silky smooth jumshooter at the 2/3 every game.

Quote:

Quote:

mwahaha.gif

I generally like your posts but one thing I do notice is that you dog Childress every time his name is mentioned. What's up with that??

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mwahaha.gif

I generally like your posts but one thing I do notice is that you dog Childress every time his name is mentioned. What's up with that??

Frankly i am just tired of watching him play and want him gone. I am also tired of the total double standard between Childress and Marvin. If Marvin has a bad game people are all over him. Not so with Childress.

it's not an obsession with scrub players, it's realization of the need to keep our starters fresh in this crucial stretch..i think giving our starters an extra 2 or 3 minutes rest would be crucial for our run....and i dont want all the bench players out there at one time but rather one or two here and there.

Quote:

Quote:

Frankly i am just tired of watching him play and want him gone. I am also tired of the total double standard between Childress and Marvin. If Marvin has a bad game people are all over him. Not so with Childress.

That has to be the most stupid retort I have read on this board. Not just selfish and self-centered but just plain Stupid.

Do you drink heavily?

This guy comes to play Every game and you want him done as if he sickens you.

You are some piece.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That has to be the most stupid retort I have read on this board. Not just selfish and self-centered but just plain Stupid.

Do you drink heavily?

You are some piece.

Childress has had 5 games this month where he has had 1 defensive rebound. Does anyone complain? No

marvin has only 3 games all season where he has had one defensive rebound.

Childress is averaging 11.4 ppg this month. His season average is 11.9. How exactly is he raising his game?

Childress disappears half the time yet you have the nerve to say he shows up EVERY game. If you mean dressing in his uniform every game then you are right.

Is it a coincidence that the teams weaknesses (defensive rebounding, outside shooting) are also Childress' weaknesses?

Quote:

it's not an obsession with scrub players, it's realization of the need to keep our starters fresh in this crucial stretch..i think giving our starters an extra 2 or 3 minutes rest would be crucial for our run....and i dont want all the bench players out there at one time but rather one or two here and there.

We curretntly have an 8-man rotation with Chill, Zaza, and Law. Chill is the super-sub that logs 25 - 30 minutes a game on most nights. Zaza will get 10 - 18 minutes. Law will get 7 - 15 minutes.

Woody will occasionally throw West into the game at the end of the 1st half, just to give JJ an extra minute of rest.

But Doc, you watch this team. You know the offense goes to ish when JJ is out of the game. You know the defense does the same thing when Smoove is out.

JJ MUST play 40 minutes a night in order for this team to compete, let alone win. And I would rather have either Chill or even Law in the game for JJ, before Salim.

Everybody CAN'T play, and they shouldn't play. Now, more than ever, should the rotation be shortened. It's going to be these next few games coming up, that will determine our playoff fate.

The last thing I want to see, is Salim getting 6 minutes of PT, but go 0 - 4 FG with 2 turnovers. Or Solo getting 4 minutes of time, but picking up 3 fouls.

If anything, give Law more minutes and move Bibby to the 2 when JJ is out. But keep the scrubs out of the game.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you drink heavily?

You are some piece.

Childress has had 5 games this month where he has had 1 defensive rebound. Does anyone complain? No

marvin has only 3 games all season where he has had one defensive rebound.

Childress is averaging 11.4 ppg this month. His season average is 11.9. How exactly is he raising his game?

Childress disappears half the time yet you have the nerve to say he shows up EVERY game. If you mean dressing in his uniform every game then you are right.

Is it a coincidence that the teams weaknesses (defensive rebounding, outside shooting) are also Childress' weaknesses?

While Josh zones the perimeter defensively. Man to man he defends guards and small forwards. And Guess what he averages 2.9 defensive rebounds a game.

Joe averages 1 a game for his carreer. You complain about his defensive rebounds? He is the fly/go guy. The designated one to sprint for the long pass as he finishes for points. And you complain about him doing his job?

You want Josh to be a "Big". Get those defensive rebounds Chillz (so Marvin can trip all the way down court for the long pass). His shooting percentage is 7th in the league (the other 6 are centers).

Your points are just folly.

Quote:

And Guess what he averages 2.9 defensive rebounds a game.

which is .01 more than Bibby.

Childress is leading the league in offensive rebounds for wing players yet he is getting the same number of defensive rebounds as our injured, unathletic 6' pg.

shrug.gif

Quote:

Joe averages 1 a game for his carreer.

Do i have to explain the difference between offensive and defensive rebounds?

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

His shooting percentage is 7th in the league (the other 6 are centers).

That is because he shoot less from the perimeter than any wing player in the league. Horford scores nearly 3 times as many points from the perimeter as Childress.

Quote:

Quote:

And Guess what he averages 2.9 defensive rebounds a game.

which is .01 more than Bibby.

Childress is leading the league in offensive rebounds for wing players yet he is getting the same number of defensive rebounds as our injured, unathletic 6' pg.

shrug.gif

Quote:

Joe averages 1 a game for his carreer.

Do i have to explain the difference between offensive and defensive rebounds?

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

His shooting percentage is 7th in the league (the other 6 are centers).

That is because he shoot less from the perimeter than any wing player in the league. Horford scores nearly 3 times as many points from the perimeter as Childress.

Typically a PG will rebound more than a sg or sf as so the pg will look for the long rebound or mid rebound to initiate breaks and/or simply to "handle" the ball. It is why Kidd, Paul, Oscar Robertson, Magic and others averaged 5,6,7 rebounds a game.