DJlaysitup

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

What? Childress doesn't rebound, I don't think he has a defensive rebound this season.

He had 2 defensive rebounds tonight in 35 minutes. I am impressed.

I know the arguement...and it's true JC isn't a good defensive rebounder. Marvin is better than him at that - as are most big butted 6'9" players who stand around on the long side of a shot and wait for it. But I don''t see games where Marvin gets 22 rebounds - he just jumps and catches them when they come to him...he seldom muscles in or skys and takes rebounds away like JS. That stat is TOTALLY overwhelmed by the other stats - Marvin can start from here to whenever thanks to BK's ego....but JC is the better 3.

Marvin must have played alright. Barely a mention and it wasn't even legitimate hate.

My biggest issue with Marvin has always been not crashing the boards. Was he getting up and going after them to get 11, or were they mostly just bouncing right to him?

Pretty big win, as ugly as it may have looked.

Quote:

Wow, you slamming Childress, what a surprise. Childress also had 7 offensive rebounds but of course he gets no credit for that.

That is swell that he got 7 offensive rebounds. But if he can do it on that end why can't he do it on defense?

Because he can't score on defense.

Childress was 3-10 from the field, 3-8 from the line but gets no criticism at all. If Marvin played like that there would be 5 threads right now about how bad he is (see monday's threads).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What? Childress doesn't rebound, I don't think he has a defensive rebound this season.

He had 2 defensive rebounds tonight in 35 minutes. I am impressed.

I know the arguement...and it's true JC isn't a good defensive rebounder. Marvin is better than him at that - as are most big butted 6'9" players who stand around on the long side of a shot and wait for it. But I don''t see games where Marvin gets 22 rebounds - he just jumps and catches them when they come to him...he seldom muscles in or skys and takes rebounds away like JS. That stat is TOTALLY overwhelmed by the other stats - Marvin can start from here to whenever thanks to BK's ego....but JC is the better 3.

What would you be saying right now if Marvin went 3-10 from the field, 3-8 from the ft line including a choke job late in the game?

How can you not realize that YOU ARE THE GUY that slams Childress. You are every bit as hard on Childress as anyone is on Marvin.

Oh and God forbid Childress tries to get offensive rebounds and score. It's a good thing the object of the game isn't to out defensive rebound the opponent otherwise Childress would really be hurting us. As it turns out he is doing things to help us win.

Quote:

Marvin must have played alright. Barely a mention and it wasn't even legitimate hate.

My biggest issue with Marvin has always been not crashing the boards. Was he getting up and going after them to get 11, or were they mostly just bouncing right to him?

Pretty big win, as ugly as it may have looked.

He was all over the place to get them,sometimes having to tip it a few times, but you would never know it from reading the board. He was very tough defensively as well.

Quote:

...or were they mostly just bouncing right to him?...

Actually I think that is pretty much the case. He can jump a bit and gets 6 or 7 weakside rebounds because most others are charging the hoop. Put Marvin in a playoff game against a team like Detroit and I doubt he would get 4 rebounds in 38 minutes of play.

Quote:

How can you not realize that YOU ARE THE GUY that slams Childress. You are every bit as hard on Childress as anyone is on Marvin.

Oh and God forbid Childress tries to get offensive rebounds and score.

He scored 9 pts in 35 minutes.

I am only one person. You want me to bump the Marvin threads from mondays game for a comparison?

Does you slamming Childress in every post make those Marvin bashing posts go away? No, it just spreads more negativity. Why is it that in order for one player to get praise another has to get bashed. I really don't understand this place.

Quote:

Does you slamming Childress in every post make those Marvin bashing posts go away? No, it just spreads more negativity. Why is it that in order for one player to get praise another has to get bashed. I really don't understand this place.

Do you seriously think Childress played well tonight?

I think he played hard and he made a difference. He shot the ball horribly but his rebounds were big tonight. So no, I wouldn't say he played well but at least he played hard to make up for it. Lots of guys don't play well but they don't play hard to make up for it and it really hurts us but Childress didn't do that tonight. Had he played lazy we would have lost this game.

I don't think anyone other than Bibby and Horford played well tonight but they each made contributions.

Another choke job by Woody... up by 22 late in 3rd quarter and you can't even get your star players some rest? God, this guy is unbelievable. JJ rested like 44 seconds toward the end of the third quarter... the Hawks still up big... then he elect to bring JJ in... Chicago goes on a run... That's another thing I can't stand the guy... play your bench when you are up by 22, you moron!

I have no idea why Woody sat him so long in the 2nd half. It took Smoove getting his 5th foul for Marv to get back in the game despite the fact that he was a big reason we had such a big lead in the first half. Woody should have let JJ get some rest in the 3rd quarter and played Chillz at SG. JJ was not scoring anyway (it was clear he was fatigued) and Marv was playing too well to sit for as long as he did.

I agree, it perplexes me that Woody leaves guys on the bench or on the floor for such great lengths sometimes, although I can understand not wanting Smoove and Marvin in at the same time since Smoove likes to play keep away from him and Marvin defers to him far too much.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Another choke job by Woody... up by 22 late in 3rd quarter and you can't even get your star players some rest? God, this guy is unbelievable. JJ rested like 44 seconds toward the end of the third quarter... the Hawks still up big... then he elect to bring JJ in... Chicago goes on a run... That's another thing I can't stand the guy... play your bench when you are up by 22, you moron!

This is very true... I think it was with like 5 minutes left in the third where are starters were in the game basically just going through the motions.. we were up by 20 and it seemed like the absolute perfect time to get them some rest... they looked tired and as though they were playing not to loose the lead... Most of Chicago's 2nd team was in the game also, which made it doubly puzzling as to why we wouldn't at least give our starters that 5 minute rest... That decision clearly came back to haunt us as a fresh Chicago 2nd string team started out hustling our starters in the middle of the fourth.