• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrington/JJ wasn't a bad combo...

Diesel

Quote:

If you think about it.

Harrington/JJ wasn't a bad combination. We suffered from stars in our eyes over Marvin and far too many Sfs.

Just imagine however, we had a forward lineup of Horf/Harrington/Smoove...

Harrington was money in the post
and he was a good shooter from downtown. However, it was his presence in the post that allowed JJ to be wide open most of the time.

If we played Harrington with a matured Smoove..... we'd be up for he playoffs right now... probably playing for 5th.

If Harrington was money in the post why did he shoot the same percentage from the field that Smith is shooting now?

Smith shoots way too many long jumpers and shoots them horribly. Al was and is a better jump shooter than Smith by a mile. Yet Smith right now is shooting the same percentage from the field that Al did his last season here.

Most guys who are money in the post shoot better than 45%.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Harrington was stunting the growth of Smoove

The argument then was that Harrington was stunting the growth of MW, not Smoove. Now, it's either "what growth" or switching affected players. Not accurate.

W

I didn't get to see the game today but was anyone watching to see how Marvin and Smoove interacted? Obviously Marvin had a nice game but was he getting his own shots rather than looking to pass or was he just on with his jumpers?

Yeah yeah yeah ... I haven't been on there in a month or so, not sure if I will renew my live subscription or not. If I would have kept playing I would have ended up breaking a controller with the BS that some people pull on there.

If anyone doesn't think that Harrington stunted the growth of both Marvin and Smoove they have amnesia.

He stunted the growth of Marvin because Marvin didn't get any minutes. That's a whole year of his career where Marvin didn't start. So it made it two years since leaving HS in between starts for Marvin last year.

He stunted the growth of SMoove because Smoove we now see is clearly a PF and that's a year of playing the 4 that Smoove could have had under his belt.

Harrington was a guy who played terrible defense and stopped the flow of our offense.

No one should miss that guy

I wasn't around for said "argument" but Al Harrington definitely hurt the growth of both players. He ate the ball and pounded it until hoisting a mid-range jumper, which he can hit consistently if it's unexpected and/or open.

I've never heard anyone praise Harrington's low post game, and calling him "money from the low post" is just laughable. He likes the ball further up in the post or faces up and tries to make a move before taking a contested J. His game is a bit different now with the Warriors, of course, but his offense with Atlanta is now duplicated by JJ and Marvin for the most part, and we all know he's useless on defense and the boards.

It would have been nice to move him a year earlier, but getting the #11 pick for him was probably the best move BK ever made...