• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game ball to Marvin

exodus

Quote:

Many are trying to give him a backhanded compliment by saying it was "just the Knicks." Well heck, why didn't Smoove have a great game too if it was "just the Knicks?" Thank God Marv did have a great game otherwise we might very well have LOST to "just the Knicks."

Marv played GREAT on both ends of the floor and he did a lot of things that folks on this board say he can't do. He finished after contact. He took players off the dribble. He shared the ball and never forced anything. He didn't make dumb TOs. He rebounded on BOTH ends. He was TERRIFIC on D all night at both SF AND PF. He was focused. He was huge in a must win game for us no matter who the opponent was. He was great!

Great post!!

I posted this in the chatroom, and I think this is how it would go:

Scenario 1: Marvin has a really good game against the Knicks.

Haters: "Well it was only the Knicks."

Scenario 2: Marvin has a poor/average game against the Knicks.

Haters: "LOL...he can't even play against the Knicks!"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I really think there are some around here that root for him to MISS shots so they can come here to trash him. Can't be a fan of the Hawks...gotta hate something or someone.

Hawks needed a win badly vs. the Knicks. They can't afford to give away a games to the Knicks, especially considering it was the first of back to backs.

It doesn't matter who the Hawks were playing, they won a game that turned into a bit of a grinder. Marvin finally busted out with a BIG GAME WHEN IT MATTERED !

Props to Marvin for a big game that got the Hawks a needed W.

Guys like David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Jared Jefferies and Nate Robinson ALWAYS play hard on both ends. Crawford, Q Rich, Wilson Chandler and Malik Rose played hard too. The only reason they were in the game is because they played hard because our overall talent is superior.

Our guys played hard too. Crawford was just making shots and singlehandedly kept them in the game. Crawford gave our guys (and our fans) credit after the game regarding our effort saying that you can tell the Hawks are fighting for a playoff spot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not expecting many replies to this thread.

I kind of like it when this place is a ghost town during and after Marvin's best games. Kind of like the silent stadium when the road team puts away the home team.

You're celebrating a win over the Knicks...

On a night when Randolph didn't play because Zeke is trying his best to get Beasley in NY.

• Moderators

So the Marvin gets the game ball thread is about him having a great game or about posters not congratulating him enough?

If it was Chill he'd have the same thread as Marvin and the same number of people (but different people) who say 'it's just the knicks' would say about chill 'its just garbage points and he can't create his own shots'

Be happy he had a great game. Why do we have to have a parade for it?

Quote:

On a night when Randolph didn't play because Zeke is trying his best to get Beasley in NY.

I'm not really celebrating anything, but if I were, it would be because I'm a Hawks fan and we just won our 3rd game in a row in the midst of our first playoff race in almost a decade.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not really celebrating anything, but if I were, it would be because I'm a Hawks fan and we just won our 3rd game in a row in the midst of our first playoff race in almost a decade.

Exactly.

I am very happy to see Marvin step up his game like this and hope we can see a game similar to this from him 10-15 times a season rather than once a month. He has the talent if he will assert himself. His better work on the boards has been most encouraging to me.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly.

I am very happy to see Marvin step up his game like this and hope we can see a game similar to this from him 10-15 times a season rather than once a month. He has the talent if he will assert himself. His better work on the boards has been most encouraging to me.

That is something that can be done every night. Some nights your shot might not be falling but you can hit the boards and box out every game.

22 rebounds in two games is encouraging. Hope he doesn't follow it up with a couple of 3-4 rebound games.

I like that little hook he has been showing lately too. With his length (only Solo has a higher reach than Marvin) that could be a very effective shot.

Quote:

So the Marvin gets the game ball thread is about him having a great game or about posters not congratulating him enough?

If it was Chill he'd have the same thread as Marvin and the same number of people (but different people) who say 'it's just the knicks' would say about chill 'its just garbage points and he can't create his own shots'

Be happy he had a great game. Why do we have to have a parade for it?

You call this a parade? The fact that ONE thread of props to Marvin has seemed to irritate you a little, proves my point about all of this.

Marvin has been villified so much on this board, that when he does happen to play well, people will tend to not even give him credit for it . . or downplay it in some way. If he'd scored 7 points and pulled down 4 rebounds, people would STILL be talking about his poor play in about 10 threads.

And you're exactly right. Certain people do that for Chill too . . and that's not right either.

All I say is give props where props is due, even if you don't like a certain player. It won't kill people to just be objective sometimes.

Here's something . . . JJ scored 25 points and dropped 13 assists last night. And almost NOTHING was said about that, because people take his production for granted. He created over 50 points last night, and not a significant word was said about it.