• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

J.J. Legs are going to fall off

AntHendu

I think its ridiculus the amount of min. Woody is playing J.J. I hate to be mr. negative when were on a 3 game winning streak but if you pay close attention to the games like me you cant help but see this.....With back to back games tommorrow I wouldnt be suprise if we lose to Memphis because Woody is simply playing J.J. too much.

Joe is a professional basketball player. JJ rarely rips and runs down the court. JJ takes many opportunities to "get his wind" on the court. He knows how to pace. JJ is not going to run out of gas, he is just getting in playoff shape.

But I would like to see Salim get 8-10 of his minutes.

Quote:

Joe is a professional basketball player. JJ rarely rips and runs down the court. JJ takes many opportunities to "get his wind" on the court. He knows how to pace. JJ is not going to run out of gas, he is just getting in playoff shape.

I don't think Salim would be much good trying to play in dress shoes and a suit.

what i don't understand is why not two minutes richardson, 2 minutes salim....just a few minutes maybe in the end of the 3rd quarter to give him a LITTLE breather to get ready for the 4th quarter push...ANY few minutes we play a couple of bench players would make a world of a difference.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think Salim would be much good trying to play in dress shoes and a suit.

Salim has had a sore right ankle. He will play this week, maybe tomorrow.

A few players who played more than JJ's 41 minutes tonight:

Lebron

Kobe

Boozer

Deron

Artest

David West

Stephen Jackson

Iggy ( played 45 minutes )

What some of you have to realize, is that JJ to the Hawks, is equivalent to Kobe to the Lakers or LeBron to the Cavs. If a game is tight, all 3 of those guys have to play heavy minutes in order for their team to win.

A star player playing 40+ minutes in this league is nothing. Especially if they don't have a good player as their backup.

JJ dropped 25 points and 13 assists today, and we still had to fight to the end to win. If he plays 3 - 5 less minutes in that game, we might have lost it.

JJ is the superstar player on our team, even if most of you don't think he is. Everything flows through JJ. He almost has to play 40+ minutes from here on out. And I have no problem with it because every other team battling for a playoff spot or playoff position, will do the same exaxt thing.

this is the season for us right now. if we screw up then we won't have to worry about his legs seeing as though we'll be out of the playoffs. our one goal for this season is to make the playoffs. if he has to play minutes for the next nine game than so be it. we are going to be killed in the playoffs by boston anyway. and we aren't going to get the #6 seed with joe playing 30 mins a game. woodson is right on this one. as much as we want him and the others to get rest we might as well admit that this is the playoffs for us and if we don't have a winning rercord in the next couple of weeks we are going to go home. keep on playing the guys that are going to get us the win and worry about resting after we've given the people of atlanta 3 games in the postseason to enjoy for the first time in 9 yrs.

Quote:

Lebron

Kobe

Boozer

Deron

Artest

David West

Stephen Jackson

What some of you have to realize, is that JJ to the Hawks, is equivalent to Kobe to the Lakers or LeBron to the Cavs. If a game is tight, all 3 of those guys have to play heavy minutes in order for their team to win.

A star player playing 40+ minutes in this league is nothing. Especially if they don't have a good player as their backup.

JJ dropped 25 points and 13 assists today, and we still had to fight to the end to win. If he plays 3 - 5 less minutes in that game, we might have lost it.

JJ is the superstar player on our team, even if most of you don't think he is. Everything flows through JJ. He almost has to play 40+ minutes from here on out. And I have no problem with it because every other team battling for a playoff spot or playoff position, will do the same exaxt thing.

I know J.J. is 3rd in the leauge in min. played but the majority of the players on that list dont play the amount of min. he do on a consistant basis because their coaches know that if you have a rested player for the 4th quarter then your chances increases to win the game.... I think Woody knows that his job is on the line and he is going to do everything possible to save his butt and if that means playing J.J. until his legs fall off well so be it.

Quote:

Quote:

Lebron

Kobe

Boozer

Deron

Artest

David West

Stephen Jackson

I know J.J. is 3rd in the leauge in min. played but the majority of the players on that list dont play the amount of min. he do on a consistant basis because their coaches know that if you have a rested player for the 4th quarter then your chances increases to win the game.... I think Woody knows that his job is on the line and he is going to do everything possible to save his butt and if that means playing J.J. until his legs fall off well so be it.

Is Woodson "going to do everything possible to save his butt " the same as pushing to not only make the playoffs but advance to the lowest seed possible?

Is that a bad thing or good thing.

As fans ride emotions their minds may tire, but these guys are "highly tuned athletes". Their recover is much much higher than non-professional athletes.

Nobody gets tired in the playoffs. And fighting for the playoffs is close to playing as "in the playoffs".

There are no minutes off.

Quote:

As fans ride emotions their minds may tire, but these guys are "highly tuned athletes". Their recover is much much higher than non-professional athletes.

Nobody gets tired in the playoffs. And fighting for the playoffs is close to playing as "in the playoffs".

There are no minutes off.

I have to agree with this. The idea behind this thread has a lot of merit throughout the season, but now we're in crunch time and this is what you should ahve been saving your legs for throughout the year.

The Hawks aren't looking at a long postseason. Just getting into the playoffs is our equivalent of a postseason. Unless we have a big lead we need our best players on the floor as much as possible.