• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Credit due post

Jody79

Since I have not seen it yet, props to Josh Smith for making the big plays to win the game at the end tonight. Nobody could guard Rudy Gay in the third and much of the fourth and then, Josh Smith comes in and puts the clamps on(I thought he wasn't supposed to be able to guard small forwards. I guess that claim is nonsense). I truly hope the hawks can get a decent center to put along side Smith and Horford. Those two are going to be one of the best forward combos in the league on both sides of the ball. Speaking of Horford, great game for him too. I wonder if I was the only one that heard Steve Smith(before the Orlando game) say that when Al Horford moves back to his natural position of power forward that he would put up even better numbers than he does now. I think I agree with him.

It wasn't as much Smoove as it was the Grizzlies players were exhausted. They could barely run up and down the court by that point. Smoove came in rested and that was a major edge that he had.

Also, it's not that he CANT guard SFs, it's that he plays the style of defense where he lets them get past and tries to block their shots from behind. If he would just focus on staying in front of them I have no doubt that he could do that. I think he worries too much about getting blocks sometimes.

I read (or heard, I can't remember which) that Marvin said Smoove told him on the way to the game that he was going to come out focused and play hard. Well, he certainly backed up his talk and then some! He almost singlehandedly stemmed the tide when MEM was making their run in the 4th. He was blocking shots, rebounding, scoring and playing great D on Gay. If THAT Smoove shows up every night, we will be tough for ANY team to beat.

I sure as hell hope that Smoove didn't say anything like that. I can't imagine that Michael Jordan ever said I'm going to come out focused today in the game. That should be his mindset every game, but unfortunately it's not, and it's the one thing that keeps him from being a superstar player.

Quote:

I read (or heard, I can't remember which) that Marvin said Smoove told him on the way to the game that he was going to come out focused and play hard. Well, he certainly backed up his talk and then some! He almost singlehandedly stemmed the tide when MEM was making their run in the 4th. He was blocking shots, rebounding, scoring and playing great D on Gay. If THAT Smoove shows up every night, we will be tough for ANY team to beat.

I read that this morning as well in the AJC. Makes you wonder what the heck Smith is thinking on the the other nights... But I do agree, Smith is our x-factor. When he plays with high energy but plays within himself, we are a very difficult team to deal with, esp with Bibby knocking down 3s.

What I loved about Smoove's game last night, was how under control he was offensively. He hit the jumper. He drove past people. He battled for offensive rebounds. He scored on a few good post moves when smaller people were on him. He passed the ball well.

He even had a play where he got a rebound, started to force the fast break himself, but collected himself and got the ball to Bibby so he could bring it up the court.

He showed the full repetoire last night offensively, and looked fantastic.

And you won't get any . . "oh but it was only against the Grizzlies" comments from me. When you look great, you look great. Big props to Smoove last night.

Quote:

Quote:

I read that this morning as well in the AJC. Makes you wonder what the heck Smith is thinking on the the other nights...

As always this is extremely unfair to take a second hand quote out of context and use it to form a position on what's going through a guy's head.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I read that this morning as well in the AJC. Makes you wonder what the heck Smith is thinking on the the other nights...

As always this is extremely unfair to take a second hand quote out of context and use it to form a position on what's going through a guy's head.

Yeah, talk about making assumptions.

Maybe the guy was just disappointed about his recent play and wanted to come out and break out of his slump? What's wrong with that?