• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We have Won 8 of Past 9 games!!!

JackB1

This has been our best stretch of the entire season, but you wouldn't know it from reading these boards???? We just won another road game....scored over 70 points in a half and people are arguing about who sucks worse, Salim or Acie......or Marvin or Chillz.

We are heating up going into the playoffs and everthing is looking great! Can't you people enjoy yourselves or are you all just so beaten down from all those years of not making the playoffs, that you can't handle some mild success. Bibby has been great....JJ has too...Marvin is back....Horford is scoring more...Chillz is playing unrea...Heck....even Zaza hasn't been a liability lately and all people do around here is complain. We just won our 8th out of our last 9 games and look at all the recent posts....nothing positive.

I don't get it.....

Quote:

This has been our best stretch of the entire season, but you wouldn't know it from reading these boards???? We just won another road game....scored over 70 points in a half and people are arguing about who sucks worse, Salim or Acie......or Marvin or Chillz.

We are heating up going into the playoffs and everthing is looking great! Can't you people enjoy yourselves or are you all just so beaten down from all those years of not making the playoffs, that you can't handle some mild success. Bibby has been great....JJ has too...Marvin is back....Horford is scoring more...Chillz is playing unrea...Heck....even Zaza hasn't been a liability lately and all people do around here is complain. We just won our 8th out of our last 9 games and look at all the recent posts....nothing positive.

I don't get it.....

Agree, I just posted in another thread that a 17 point win on the road was huge and way more than I expected! Didn't realize it was 8 out of 9, though I knew it was 4 in a row. The wins might not be pretty, but they are wins when we are in must win territory. This team has been in playoff mode for quite some time, and they are delivering. Think about it, a couple of weeks ago, it would have been easy to see us finding a way to miss the playoffs despite our easier schedule, but we are stepping up BIGTIME!

If they clinch a playoff spot. Then I will be applaud them for making it to the playoffs. Just not until that happens(that is if it does happen). I have learn my lesson with this team. Do not get too excited about them when they are winning. The Hawks have proven they cannot handle success.

WOW didn't realize they won 8 outta 9. Those guys deserve a standing ovation for that. I definitely tip my hat to them. I could sit and pout about blowing a 37 point lead or why such and such is in the game but that would negate the point of a win. I with ya Jack, your one of the few that keeps a positive outlook on this team. Cant wait to see them upset the Celtics or whoever they face, and if they dont...I ENJOYED THE RIDE, still my team. GO HAWKS!!!!

Quote:

I don't get it.....

I won't celebrate 'til Woody is gone, but you make a great point.

No team in the league, let me repeat NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has been better than us over the last 10 games. We are 8-2 in our last 10. Only Pho and NO have the same record over the last 10 games. Pretty good company to be in. We're gettin it done when we need to and it's great to have a positive thread going!!!

Seriously? 8-9?

Well, I guess if I think about it, they haven't had one of their real bad swoons lately. Good job, the Hawks are actually being consistent! If they keep this up, they'll make it into the playoffs easily.

I'm still kinda cautious. These ARE the Hawks. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

It's refreshing to see us take it to the competition instead of showing our familiar pattern of flashes of potential alternating with mailed-in efforts. It's even better to see us put the petal to the floor and blow teams out (the late game issues aside, many of which are due to fatigue).

However, the best part about the recent wins is our improved play on the road, which is one element of what appears to be a newfound mental toughness never before seen in the BK/Woody era. I think Bibby and JJ, as improbably as it may seem, are doing a good job leading the younger guys and helping them understand what it takes to win...

• Premium Member

Graymule posted a similar thread earlier, last week I believe. You are 100% correct. We're actually gunning for this thing now. We're not moonwalking into the playoffs while the bottom half of the Eastern Conference tanks their respective seasons. These guys are coming after us, and we're fighting them off. They believe now, and I'm on board with them. I already signed up for the advance playoff ticket offer. This will be my first live playoff game, and it will be a Hawks game. How cool is that?!?! grin.gif

Great point.

I posted before the NJ game that it was an important game for me as a fan. As it turns out, it really wasn't as important as I thought. I still haven't sat and watched a game tip-off to final second, but I am getting closer to doing that.

Last nights game was interesting. I ended up switching back and forth with the Braves game, and then fell asleep.

Let me say this about the Hawks. They are learning how to close teams out. Are they putting their foot down and choking off the competition? No they aren't. Are they finding a way to win the games that they let teams back into? Yes they are.

We as fans, want to see the Hawks CRUSH other teams. The reality is that the Hawks right now have not won anything. They haven't been a consistent team in any part of the game. To expect them to close teams out in the 3rd is expecting too much right now. The team has to learn how to win first, by closing out close games, then they can figure out how to end games early on. Even the best teams in the NBA don't win games that often in the 3rd quarter. The problem is for us fans, is that we have been conditioned by the Hawks to expect a loss when a team makes a run. Until we all see evidence that the Hawks can weather a late run, we will all be gun shy about embracing the team.

The other issue with the Hawks is that 98% of us want Woodson gone. We all harbor the fear that if the Hawks win out the season Woodson will return. One of the radio talk show guys said it best: The Hawks present the worst case scenario for fans. We, as fans, want the team to win, but we also know that the Head Coach needs to go. Every win seems to solidify the HC, so what do you do as a fan?

Agree 100 %

The offense is really clicking. It makes you wonder if Woody was really the main problem or of it was simply personel. The offense is night and day different now that the team is acclimated to Bibby.

Bibby's shooting and court savy have really helped tranform the offense. His timely shooting and savy have opened up more space for JJ, Smith is playing smarter, Horford is scoring in the paint, Marving is hitting jumpers and driving to the basket, Chillz is getting dirty on the offensive glass. Even Woody is spotted coaching up and teaching his players (as they look him in the eye and listen). You could hear Woody yelling direction throughout the Grizz games and they were normally pretty good directions of when to pull the ball out or when to reset the offense.

The team is playing with a sense of purpose and with confidence. Scoring points is no longer the problem that it once was. Each possession is no longer a grind it out war for 2 points.

Come the playoffs this team will gain invaluable expierence and confidence. Playing vs. vets like KG, Allen, and Pierce will prepare them for how true playoff vets approach a playoff series and if they can compete with them the confidence they gather could really turn one's career in another direction. A competitive fire could be lit in Marvin, Smith, Law (I didn't say Horford or JJ b/c they already got it.) ......You hear stories of young players who say the first time they were in the playoffs that it really lit their fire to get back. It showed them what winning was all about......Some of the young Hawks are getting that inner fire lit for the first time with these sniffs of the playoffs they are getting.

Thank You for Mike Bibby ! He has been the PG needed to make this offense NBA Playoff worthy !

I am glad to see that there ARE a lot of people here that actually ARE happy with the Hawks recent success. It just seems that this place gets overrun with negative crap all the time and it kind of puts a damper on things. Of course there will always be things we can do better, but my main message here is:

ENJOY THE RIDE PEOPLE!!!!

Where it takes us remains to be seen, but it looks almost certain that we will be in the playoffs and we are one of the NBA's hottest teams going into the playoffs. WE HAVE THE TALENT TO MAKE SOME NOISE in the playoffs. Everyone here has seen what we can do when everything is clicking. We are putting up HUGE amounts of points lately. All we need is the desire and effort to play a little defense and we can win some games in the playoffs.

Thank you Jack! Exactly what I was thinking. After the first couple weeks with Bibby, this thing is really starting to come together. I'm going to give Bibby some of that credit. Some of our wins have been directly due to his presence - none bigger than his effort in the second Bulls game where he scored 30 to offset a pretty wretched night from JJ. We lose that game and at least a few others without that extra scoring punch.

I know our record says we're about a .450 team, but we're not a .450 team right now. I'd say we're at least a .550 team with the way we're coming into the playoffs. We're not 8 out of 9 good, because our competition the last two weeks has been hella soft. But yeah, we're probably playing on a level with Cleveland or thereabouts. Sure, we're gonna get beat in the first round (Boston/Detroit are too much), but I think even with no major changes we could win about 45 games next year if we continue to play this kind of ball. We've been really lucky with injuries too....nothing too major this year.

We have averaged 109.1 ppg over our last 10 games while winning 8 of our last 10. That is 8th best in the NBA over that period.

We have a point differential of +7.90 over our last 10 games, 7th best in the NBA over that period.

We are shooting 51% over our last 10 games, 4th best in the NBA over that period.

We are shooting 42% from the 3 pt line over our last 10 games, 5th best in the NBA over that period.

Before Bibby arrived, we were averaging 94.8 ppg which would be good for 27th in the NBA if that had continued for the entire season. Since Bibby arrived, we are averaging over 103.4 ppg which would be good for 8th in the NBA if we had done that for the entire season.

With Bibby around, Woody goes from being coach of one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA to coach of one of the best offensive teams in the NBA. It is still a little early but it appears to me that the lack of a PG was a bigger problem for this team than Woody's offensive system.

We are averaging 25 apg over our last 10 games, 6th best in the NBA over that period.

We have averaged 103.4 ppg since the Bibby trade

Quote:

We have averaged 109.1 ppg over our last 10 games while winning 8 of our last 10. That is 8th best in the NBA over that period.

We have a point differential of +7.90 over our last 10 games, 7th best in the NBA over that period.

We are shooting 51% over our last 10 games, 4th best in the NBA over that period.

We are shooting 42% from the 3 pt line over our last 10 games, 5th best in the NBA over that period.

Before Bibby arrived, we were averaging 94.8 ppg which would be good for 27th in the NBA if that had continued for the entire season. Since Bibby arrived, we are averaging over 103.4 ppg which would be good for 8th in the NBA if we had done that for the entire season.

With Bibby around, Woody goes from being coach of one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA to coach of one of the best offensive teams in the NBA. It is still a little early but it appears to me that the lack of a PG was a bigger problem for this team than Woody's offensive system.

We are averaging 25 apg over our last 10 games, 6th best in the NBA over that period.

We have averaged 103.4 ppg since the Bibby trade

Those stats would be more impressive if they weren't against some of the worst team's in the NBA. Good to see nonetheless.