• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if the offense dictates that you hang around the perimeter, and you have a wide open shot at the 3point line, what are you going to do, not shoot

YES!!! If you're bad at something and doing it hurts your team, you should NOT DO IT when the opportunity arrives.

Come on JB, you're not dense.

Pass the ball and make a cut or set a screen.

When has Smoove's 3pt shooting, hurt the team?

When hasn't it hurt the team?

Quote:

When has Smoove hurt the team, by shooting 3s? Never

And if any of you watch warm ups before the game, you will know that he hits the 3 with ease and consistency. Its only a matter of time, before that carries over to the game. And, in order for him to be a better shooter during the game, he has to shoot. Plus Woody runs a 4 out, 1 in offense. If he's not the post guy,
he has to stand out near the 3pt line for spacing.

Keep shooting Smoove!

LOL how does he help spacing?

There is a reason there is no defender in the same zip code. They WANT him to take that shot.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if the offense dictates that you hang around the perimeter, and you have a wide open shot at the 3point line, what are you going to do, not shoot

YES!!! If you're bad at something and doing it hurts your team, you should NOT DO IT when the opportunity arrives.

Is that best you can do? When has it hurt the team?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is that best you can do? When has it hurt the team?

Man, you guys are hilarious. You're asking me "is that the best you can do" when you're asking the same stupid question in reverse.

How does having your power forward hang out at the 3 point line to shoot a 25% shot that no one even guards him on do anything but hurt the team?

Quote:

Quote:

And if any of you watch warm ups before the game, you will know that he hits the 3 with ease and consistency. Its only a matter of time, before that carries over to the game. And, in order for him to be a better shooter during the game, he has to shoot. Plus Woody runs a 4 out, 1 in offense. If he's not the post guy,

Keep shooting Smoove!

There is a reason there is no defender in the same zip code. They WANT him to take that shot.

So...let me get this straight, every team in the league...has 4 shooters on the floor at the same time correct? And none of Smoove's shots are ever contested, right?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Keep shooting Smoove!

So...let me get this straight, every team in the league...has 4 shooters on the floor at the same time correct? And none of Smoove's shots are ever contested, right?

I don't know what games you're watching, but I haven't ever seen him shoot a 3 that wasn't wide open.

Quote:

So...let me get this straight, every team in the league...has 4 shooters on the floor at the same time correct?

What does that have to do with anything? That is completely irrelevant.

Not all teams have 4 shooters on the floor at the same time. But if a guy, especially a pf, is consistently shooting 25% from 3 there is NO WAY that his coach will let him spot up out there time and again.

Quote:

And none of Smoove's shots are ever contested, right?

Some are. Billups actually made fun of Sheed in a post game interview for fouling Smith on a 3. Billups said he just contested the shot out of reflex which was a mistake because, in Billups words, "that is the shot we want him to take".

Most of the time they just leave him wide open hoping he will shoot.

Ben Wallace can make 3s in practice. SO WHAT?!

to JJ in my opinion. His ability to knock down shots forces teams to account for him and it frees up JJ. His skills allow JJ to run the point at times too in order to keep teams off balance.

I agree with you 100% that he is a shooter w/out conscious but not a chucker. Diesel is wrong, there is a difference. Chuckers shoot just because they have the ball, Bibby just takes shots when he is open. He does aggressively LOOK for his shot and he does know how to get open and those are very good things when you can shoot it like he can.

I think he is still learning his teammates' capabilities and he is still learning where they like the ball. In fact, the only thing I see him doing wrong on offense is that he occasionally tries to make some ill-advised passes. Once he figures out the spots where they are most effective (Marvin from 17-20 ft, Chillz on the baseline, Horf on the right block, etc) I think our offense is going to be pretty potent on most nights.

good point on the shoot or pass tip....i noticed that last couple games where a few times in the game that ball will get swung around and touch everyone's hands for a split second before it gets to someone who takes the shot...and almost always in those situations it goes in...

one of the things that helps a person shoot of course is rhythym. when you go one on one and try to shoot, that's not necessarily in rhythym but if you are set and the ball is getting passed around, it just feels right....

and i'll tell you, when the shooter shoots and makes a shot from making it on his own, it gives him confidence...when a shooter maks a shot that's been passed around like that, it gives the whole team confidence.

Quote:

and i'll tell you, when the shooter shoots and makes a shot from making it on his own, it gives him confidence...when a shooter maks a shot that's been passed around like that, it gives the whole team confidence.

Very true.

We like to compare the Hawks roster to the unselfish Pistons (in hopes they could grow into a team with similar success one day.) The Pistons have it all going. The ball movement and unselfishness of the old Kings / current Rockets and a tough, defensive mindset Larry Brown left them with.

Looks like these Hawks are growing together as a TEAM at the perfect time. Its so refreshing to see this team play offense the "right way" after all the offensive struggles, stagnant play, and standing around that was prevalent most of the past 4 years.

NO, no, no. Josh Smith is open to shoot 3's for a reason. He misses. Just because you are open is not a good reason to shoot.

I think Josh needs to be moved in the lower post so he can use his quickness and he won't be tempted to chunk it up.

I don't think it is a coincidence that JJ won player of the month in his first month with Bibby.

JJ has been posting up a lot more lately. He is too strong for almost everyone who guards him. It is tough to double him with Bibby standing out by the 3 pt line. If you bring one of the bigs to double then Horford or Smith could get an easy dunk.

Quote:

I don't think it is a coincidence that JJ won player of the month in his first month with Bibby.

JJ has been posting up a lot more lately. He is too strong for almost everyone who guards him. It is tough to double him with Bibby standing out by the 3 pt line. If you bring one of the bigs to double then Horford or Smith could get an easy dunk.

That is why I am not scared of us against Detroit. JJ can post Rip at will and Bibby can hang with Billups shot for shot.