• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Those Smoove blocks on Bosh..

TheDude

were amazing...it's one thing to block a regular player's shots...but to block Bosh's shot is a feat in itself....let alone blocking him while playing him straight up, not a helpside block....he played great defense on Bosh that 2nd half....i think there were two if i'm not mistaken...wish i could get those on a clip.

Quote:

Josh is a great shot blocker because he is not afraifd to get dunked on.....a couple plays later you can see Bosh shy away when Josh goes in for a two hand slam, Bosh maybe could have got the block but he was scared to jump and get dunked on.

Yeah, I'm not saying it to make him look bad. I think Smith definitely won the battle, but it wasn't completely one-sided is all I meant.

That Bosh dunk on Josh changed the game. The crowd was like "ooooooooooh" and knew Josh wasnt goin to let that go. He turned up the intensity and destroyed Bosh and the Raptors in the end. So he definately needed to get dunked on, because the Josh that emerged was the old josh (even tho those 3's made me cringe lol)

I gotta say I thought Woody made a good defensive adjustment in the 4th. Before then we were doubling down on Bosh and Rasho and they were passing out of the double and killing us from the perimeter. After one time out they stopped doubling and let Josh handle Bosh by himself which he did to perfection. it was good call that helped us make that run.

was critical to allowing us to get back in the game. TOR's offense is predicated on creating mismatches that lead to open perimeter shots. They create those mismatches in several ways but usually it is either by going to Bosh in the post or by having Ford or Calderon create off the dribble. Josh's ability to play Bosh man to man kept their other guys from being able to get wide open looks and forced TOR to go to Ford and his ability to break down the D one on one. Ford was sensational but we were able to make enough plays defensively to get back in the game.

Also Chill containing TJ. He really stepped up on the pick and rolls, getting quickly around or through the screen, so the big man didn't have to show hard and leave everybody scrambling to cover for them. and that block he had on Ford's jumper in the lane was huge.

Expecting Chillz to be able to guard TJ man to man without him ever losing TJ is just not realistic. TJ is one of the quickest players in the NBA with the ball in his hands and he makes GREAT decisions with the ball. If he stays healthy there is not telling how good he can be.

I thought Chillz did as good a job on him as anyone on our roster could have, including Mario.

Quote:

3 pt shooting.

Yeah, you're right. His % is at least 33 or 34% by now, I bet. I mean, he hit what? 3 of them? That's only about 2.5 % points a shot.

"I'm not a 3-point shooter."

-Josh Smith

It's not just his % either. We need him under the basket, not hanging around the 3-point line. This is basic stuff, people.