• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Great Hawks-76ers mathu-up article

frosgrim

http://www.nba.com/games/20080404/PHIATL/p...=scoreboardhome

Good piece on the games tonight and tomorrow. I have included some of the more interesting parts in this post:

"The Hawks still need to play well down the stretch to end their [playoff] drought. They have matched up well with the 76ers this season, holding them to 85.0 points per game and 42.2 percent shooting from the field en route to winning both meetings."

Wow, we have really held the Sixers in check.

This limited offensive production is credited to Josh Smith's play:

"Atlanta has limited Sixers leading scorer Andre Iguodala to an average of 16.5 points on 36.4 percent shooting (12-for-33) in those victories.

A key reason for the ineffectiveness of Iguodala and Philadelphia's offense in the season series has been Atlanta's Josh Smith, who has averaged 6.5 blocks and 3.0 steals in the two games. Smith also has contributed 20.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game."

We have not played Philly since we got Bibby and our defense turned into a sive, but these stats certainly give me hope that we can pull off the sweep.

My keys to the game:

1) Bibby- he has to keep hitting shots when Joe gets double teamed

2) Crisp passing- Philly is playing better defense, and A. Miller is one of the better defensive points in the game. Bibby will have open looks, but not as many as he's seen lately. The rest of the team needs to move the ball around to get easy baskets. Turn-overs will kill us against an athletic team like the Sixers who will try to run at every opportunity. We can't give them easy layups in the open court.

3) Josh Smith- Josh will always be the X-factor on this team. When he plays well the team generally wins. Another big night from Smith is needed to secure the victory. Josh needs to play around the rim on both sides of the court tonight.

Did anyone else hear on TNT last night that the Saturday game is going to be carried Nationally? I wasn't paying close attention but I swore I heard it on one of the promos.

Speaking of TV, even though I have the NBA package, my location will have the game blacked out. Kudos to Comcast Philly for showing hockey tonight instead of NBA (sarcasm). Anyone with some online links? It would be appreciated.

If everyone else has a good game and plays up to snuff, Zaza will probably be the

difference maker for the Hawks tonight.

I know, he ain't great. Not a quality big man. But, recently Zaza has been the Zaza

of old. He rebounds. He passes. He steals the ball. He plays with a passion.

All this and he scores inside and generally hits his foul shots. Not a quality big man

BUT he's sure played like one in this drive the Hawks are on. He's doing his part.

With all their other problems, how to stop those hot Atlanta starters, maybe no one

there has thought of this additional problem they have, "How do we handle Zaza?"

Sounds strange? Yep, but it's true. Just wait and see.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/games/20080404/PHIATL/p...=scoreboardhome

Good piece on the games tonight and tomorrow. I have included some of the more interesting parts in this post:

"
The Hawks still need to play well down the stretch to end their [playoff] drought. They have matched up well with the 76ers this season, holding them to 85.0 points per game and 42.2 percent shooting from the field en route to winning both meetings."

Wow, we have really held the Sixers in check.

This limited offensive production is credited to Josh Smith's play:

"Atlanta has limited Sixers leading scorer Andre Iguodala to an average of 16.5 points on 36.4 percent shooting (12-for-33) in those victories.

A key reason for the ineffectiveness of Iguodala and Philadelphia's offense in the season series has been Atlanta's Josh Smith, who has averaged 6.5 blocks and 3.0 steals in the two games. Smith also has contributed 20.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game."

We have not played Philly since we got Bibby and our defense turned into a sive, but these stats certainly give me hope that we can pull off the sweep.

My keys to the game:

1) Bibby- he has to keep hitting shots when Joe gets double teamed

2) Crisp passing- Philly is playing better defense, and A. Miller is one of the better defensive points in the game. Bibby will have open looks, but not as many as he's seen lately. The rest of the team needs to move the ball around to get easy baskets. Turn-overs will kill us against an athletic team like the Sixers who will try to run at every opportunity. We can't give them easy layups in the open court.

3) Josh Smith- Josh will always be the X-factor on this team. When he plays well the team generally wins. Another big night from Smith is needed to secure the victory. Josh needs to play around the rim on both sides of the court tonight.

Did anyone else hear on TNT last night that the Saturday game is going to be carried Nationally? I wasn't paying close attention but I swore I heard it on one of the promos.

two things to be concerned about:

1. Our defense not stopping anybody.

2. Dalembert having a big game.

Two things to hope for:

1. HORF.

2. Unstoppable JJ, Bibby combo shows up!

Philly has a helluva PG in Miller and he gets a lot done. I think the matchup to watch (IMO) is that of Marvin vs. Young. Young has been coming on of late. If Marvin can't defend this rookie... then that says a lot!

Marv took him to the hole 3 times in a row the last time we played them and he scored twice and got fouled the other time. Mo Cheeks had to take Thad out. Marv wasn't even having a particularly good game but Thad couldn't guard him.

We beat Philly both times because of defense. 91 is the most they have scored against us and that includes a 32 pt 1st quarter. Miller KILLED us in the last game, particularly in the 4th, but nobody else could do anything so we were able to hold on and win. I would see how things go to start the game but I would plan on having JJ and Chillz spending quite a bit of time guarding Miller. We can get away with that as long as Willie Green is in the game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marv took him to the hole 3 times in a row the last time we played them and he scored twice and got fouled the other time. Mo Cheeks had to take Thad out. Marv wasn't even having a particularly good game but Thad couldn't guard him.

We beat Philly both times because of defense. 91 is the most they have scored against us and that includes a 32 pt 1st quarter. Miller KILLED us in the last game, particularly in the 4th, but nobody else could do anything so we were able to hold on and win. I would see how things go to start the game but I would plan on having JJ and Chillz spending quite a bit of time guarding Miller. We can get away with that as long as Willie Green is in the game.

Thaddeus is playing a lot better since we last played.

But fortunately,

So are we...