2) Detroit vs 7) Toronto

3) Orlando vs 6) Washington

4) Cleveland vs 5) Philly

WEST

1) New Orleans vs 8) Denver

2) San Antonio vs 7) Dallas

3) LA Lakers vs 6) Houston

4) Utah vs 5) Phoenix

You know Lebron will be on TNT/ESPN every game. Detroit will probably have every game on cable as well. And you have to assume that EVERY game in the West will probably be on TNT/ESPN, because all of those teams are fairly even and almost all have major NBA stars on them.

You'd hope that Boston's "Big 3" has enough star power to keep them on the major cable networks every game we play them.

The odd team out, if the seeds hold, would be Orlando and Washington, seeing that Orlando is a small market team, and Washington doesn't necessarily have a following outside of the DC Metroplex.

NBA TV over the past few years, have carried a few 1st round games . . mainly the least attractive Eastern Conference games.

Having said that, I'd expect 2 of the first 4 games in the Orlando vs Washington series to be on NBA TV. And I'd expect at least one ( maybe two ) of the first 4 Boston vs Atlanta games to be on NBA TV as well.

So for all of you not thinking about going to a possible Hawks home game, keep this in mind, if your cable company doesn't carry NBA TV.

Quote:

One of our games will eventually be aired on national television. However, this just goes to show you that getting to that seventh coveted playoff spot is that much more important.

Ummm ... how so? Last year in the East the 1-8 and 4-5 matchups had all 4 matches on national TV, whereas the 2-7 and 3-6 matchups had game 2 on NBATV. Either way the vast majority of games will be on national TV.

You're kidding yourself if you think a Detroit/Toronto or Orlando/Washington series will gather more interest than anything involving Boston.

LeBron is the East's biggest draw, easily. Boston's trio is a clear #2.

The West can't steal all the slots due to the time difference. Can't have the Lakers, Phoenix, etc. playing at 4PM local on a weekday.

Quote:

LOL @ don't worry. I just broke it down for you.
The only people caring about a Boston vs Atlanta matchup, are us, and New England.
TNT isn't going to bypass showing Lebron, to show KG. That isn't going to happen.

I'd almost bet $20 that one of our games will be scheduled to be on NBA TV.

So that's why a dozen Celtics games have been televised this year?

aren't all playoffs team nationally televised? and if not, how do you watch your team, would it be on League Pass?

because i can tell you right now if i dont get to watch EVERY hawks playoff game after spending the money for league pass and suffering thru all these years, i'm going to go apeshit.

Quote:

aren't all playoffs team nationally televised? and if not, how do you watch your team, would it be on League Pass?

because i can tell you right now if i dont get to watch EVERY hawks playoff game after spending the money for league pass and suffering thru all these years, i'm going to go apeshit.

They are don't worry, 41 games in 41 nights something like that.