• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How many of you thought we would win at Philly?

pimp

Quote:

I didn't....i didn't think they had a chance on the road

It sure feels good to be wrong. :static:

Honestly, I did. To my understanding, teams who lose the first of a home-and-home win the second.

I knew it, and and said so in a post lasyt night. Philly relies on teams making mistakes to be successful...they try to maul teams and get away with physical play because they can't shoot...and have nothing in the post. When we play smart we are much better than that team.

Quote:

The other reason is I was hoping the Hawks would try the zone defense on them just to see if it would work.

This might be Woody's, ahem, best coaching performance. Going to the zone against a poor shooting Philly club was the best move he's made in four years.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I didn't....i didn't think they had a chance on the road

It sure feels good to be wrong. :static:

I told all of you reluctant fans that we would win this game! We have better personnel than Philly period!

Quote:

Quote:

The other reason is I was hoping the Hawks would try the zone defense on them just to see if it would work.

This might be Woody's, ahem, best coaching performance. Going to the zone against a poor shooting Philly club was the best move he's made in four years.

Zone isn't as much of a nobrainer as it looks. Philly is the league leader in offensive rebounds and playing zone makes it tougher to box out.

But then again the Hawks don't box out anyway so maybe i am a little off base lol.

But they did the job on the defensive boards tonight.