• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We can clinch a playoff spot TUESDAY at Indy

NJHAWK

Im not saying we will but we are 3 and 1/2 games up on Indy now. If we beat them up we will either be up 4 games with 4 left to play or 5 games with 4 left to play depending on what Indy does in the next couple of days.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Im not saying we will but we are 3 and 1/2 games up on Indy now. If we beat them up we will either be up 4 games with 4 left to play or 5 games with 4 left to play depending on what Indy does in the next couple of days.

You don't want to inflame the doubters because they honestly think that Indy is better than we are and will go undefeated the rest of the way.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So that puts us 2 games behind Toronto with 5 games left to play. They are sinking pretty quick so we might still have a shot at catching them for the 7th, although that may not be a good thing.

I rather play Boston! Detroit is just a bad match up for us! They are too physical

Quote:

Quote:

So that puts us 2 games behind Toronto with 5 games left to play. They are sinking pretty quick so we might still have a shot at catching them for the 7th, although that may not be a good thing.

I rather play Boston! Detroit is just a bad match up for us! They are too physical

really, when we played Detroit it was always alot closer than when we played Boston. I rather play Detroit

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

really, when we played Detroit it was always alot closer than when we played Boston. I rather play Detroit

We played Detroit when they were not at full strength and we are still 0-4 against them. They will beat us down in the playoffs

I don't care who the Hawks play in the playoffs. At this point, the important part about making the playoffs is that these young players get a taste of what playoff basketball is about. Once they get a taste of it, the hunger will grow. It will give them a good understanding of what they have to do to improve enough to become a team that is a threat to make some noise in the playoffs.

I want to win in the playoffs, but the important thing for this season is to get the experience. That goes for all the players as well as Mike Woodson, who if the Hawks win out and finish with a 41-41 record, deserves to keep his job.

Quote:

We played Detroit when they were not at full strength

Nov 4th we lost by 1 and only Lindsay Hunter and Amir Johnson didn't play - Link

Dec 4th we lost by 11 and everyone played - Link

Dec 14th we lost by 10 and only Flip Murrary didn't play - Link

Feb 12th we lost by 4 and only Brezec and Hermann didn't play - Link

So in 4 games we lost by 1, 11, 10 and 4 playing against their regular rotation each game. We have yet to play them with Bibby and certainly not since we have gotten better.

On the other hand Boston beat us by 23 and 10. The 10 point loss was with Bibby.

I can't wait to play Indy. I really hope we beat them because that will ease any apprehension I have about a possible collapse by the Hawks. It happened to the Met last year, so anything is possible. I know our Magic number is 3. But with Indy playing softies like Milwaukee back to back and us having to face Orlando and Boston in the coming days, I won't feel secure until we clinch. We already know the Pacers will beat the Bucks at Conseco today, so we might as well conceed our magic number will remain 3. If we beat Indy, essentially we just have to beat the Knicks and/or Miami and it's a wrap. What scares me about them is they have good perimeter shooting and we don't defend the 3 point line that well. Plus, Jermaine is back. On paper, I think we should beat that team. They aren't a defensive juggarnaut. But if we get into a shoot out with them, I don't like our chances.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Nov 4th we lost by 1 and only Lindsay Hunter and Amir Johnson didn't play - Link

So in 4 games we lost by 1, 11, 10 and 4 playing against their regular rotation each game. We have yet to play them with Bibby and certainly not since we have gotten better.

On the other hand Boston beat us by 23 and 10. The 10 point loss was with Bibby.

Stuckey missed the 1st 20 games or so. 3 out of 4 Hawk games

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Ratliff missed them all

• Premium Member

Quote:

Milwaukee hanging tough at the half. An unexpected Bucks' win would be a nice end to the weekend.

Who cares what the Bucks do! We are not backing into the playoffs! We are going to win our way into the playoff just to prove to some of your reluctant fans that this team will compete!