• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We can clinch a playoff spot TUESDAY at Indy

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Quote:

Who cares what the Bucks do! We are not backing into the playoffs! We are going to win our way into the playoff just to prove to some of your reluctant fans that this team will compete!

:violin-1:

I care what the Pacers are doing.

I'd like to see JJ & Co. get some rest before they head up to Boston for game #1.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Who cares what the Bucks do! We are not backing into the playoffs! We are going to win our way into the playoff just to prove to some of your reluctant fans that this team will compete!

:violin-1:

I care what the Pacers are doing.

I'd like to see JJ & Co. get some rest before they head up to Boston for game #1.

Sorry dude! Rule of thumb is you don't limp into the playoffs! Those teams get beat all of the time!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Uhh, Ratliff wasn't on their team. We didn't have Bibby either.

As for Stuckey, his absence is balanced by us not having Acie in every game.

You'll see soon enough that Detroit is a different animal come playoff time! We play better against finesse teams

There is no rule! Teams have had big success and big failure in the playoffs by playing hard all the way through and trying to win or by resting their players. It happens in every sport. It's a team by team thing and I would that in our case having momentum would be a lot more important to us than rest.

I don't care how we play against any teams other than Boston or Detroit and we play better against Detroit. That's the bottom line. I would much rather play the Pistons who might be content with their past playoff success rather than a team with 3 desperate superstars.

We played Boston both games in Boston. NExt week is the first time we play them in Atlanta although they may be resting guys by then. The C'S are a real bad matchup because of all the bigs that will kill us. Garnett is a monster but Perkins and Poe will take advantage of our lack of size as well. Detroit has tough players but we can matchup size wise. The thing is both teams benches will kill us. Maxiell kills us, Eddie House kills us. I think we have a punchers chance with Detroit although the refs will hose us all game every game we play in the playoffs vs them. Then again they will hose us vs Boston as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no rule! Teams have had big success and big failure in the playoffs by playing hard all the way through and trying to win or by resting their players. It happens in every sport. It's a team by team thing and I would that in our case having momentum would be a lot more important to us than rest.

What freaking 8th seed has had success limping into the playoffs? If we are talking about Boston resting their starters sitting on 61 wins, that's one thing. Heck they did exactly that and still blew out Charlotte! That is not exactly limping into the playoffs!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm referring to the argument about whether we should rest our starters once we officially make the playoffs or try and win every game like we have been doing.

Why the assumption that resting the starters automatically means a loss?

thumb3d.gif

You play the starters like normal in the first half, and then give the bench guys a chance to come away with a win. If it's a close game going down the stretch, you can put the starters back in.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Because the bench stinks other than Childress!

I'm not convinced they're THAT bad, especially if they're playing vs. other reserves. Someone like Salim can occasionally have a nice game if given major minutes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Because the bench stinks other than Childress!

I'm not convinced they're THAT bad, especially if they're playing vs. other reserves. Someone like Salim can occasionally have a nice game if given major minutes.

How many shots does Salim have to miss to get you guys to realize that he can't shoot. He is a one dimensional player that is bad with that one dimension! I don't see what people see in him!

• Premium Member

Quote:

How many shots does Salim have to miss to get you guys to realize that he can't shoot. He is a one dimensional player that is bad with that one dimension! I don't see what people see in him!

Ah, I see you're just in rant mode today.

I'll leave you to that. Enjoy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Ah, I see you're just in rant mode today.

I'll leave you to that. Enjoy.

No, Salim is a career 40% shooter that is shooting 34% this year. 31% behind the arc this year.