NJHAWK

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

He is averaging over a block per game in 14 minutes

And.... Somebody is supposed to be impressed? Dude is washed up and hasn't a real factor on a team in years. He is a throw in when it comes to trades now. Dude can barely get off the bench. 21 games total this year. If you beat or lose to Detroit there is no need to even bring up Theo Crapliff. Detroit played Miami today and he played a total of 15 minutes for 0 points and 1 block. Get outta here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

He is averaging over a block per game in 14 minutes

And.... Somebody is supposed to be impressed? Dude is washed up and hasn't a real factor on a team in years. He is a throw in when it comes to trades now. Dude can barely get off the bench. 21 games total this year. If you beat or lose to Detroit there is no need to even bring up Theo Crapliff. Detroit played Miami today and he played a total of 15 minutes for 0 points and 1 block. Get outta here.

Defensive presence! Detroit beats you with defense!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dude sits on the bench 90+% of the game and Theo is a terrible defensive player. He always was a weakside shot blocker and nothing more. He barely plays for a reason. He sucks.

He is just one of many bigs that Detroit has on their team. In my opinion

Dalembert sucks on offense but he still impacts the game on defense

How do you impact a game sitting on the bench?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0991

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=687

lol. Are you serious? Dally is better than Theo ever was. I don't think Theo has ever averaged double figures in points or rebounds.

Theo played in 2 games last year and only 20 this year. He is a non factor.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How do you impact a game sitting on the bench?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0991

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=687

lol. Are you serious? Dally is better than Theo ever was. I don't think Theo has ever averaged double figures in points or rebounds.

Theo played in 2 games last year and only 20 this year. He is a non factor.

His per 48 is 11.2 ppg 11.2 rpg 3.95 bpg this year! Not bad!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How many shots does Salim have to miss to get you guys to realize that he can't shoot. He is a one dimensional player that is bad with that one dimension! I don't see what people see in him!

Ah, I see you're just in rant mode today.

I'll leave you to that. Enjoy.

No, Salim is a career 40% shooter that is shooting 34% this year. 31% behind the arc this year.

I love watching Salim when he's on. I hated to do it, but I taped over his great game he had against Denver last year, to record the Final Four ( lol . . . with those stinkers of games, I wished i hadn't done it now.

But I'd rather have Stanford guard Candace Wiggins ( probably the best college women's player in the country ) . . or the young freshman from UConn, Mya Moore ( who has perfect form on her jumper, even more perfect than Marvin's ), than Salim these days.

If I needed a spot up shooter to bring off the bench, give me those 2 girls over Salim's streaky azz.

• Premium Member

Quote:

lol. You most be joking.
thumb3d.gif

Call me when he plays more than 15 minutes in 1 out of every 3 or 4 games.

He's a back up player for god sake! Not a starter! But my point is he is part of the defensive presence that Detroit rotates at their opponent! But somehow you went off the deep end taking about Ratliff!

Perkins killed us the last time we played with interior D. Garnett is better than Detroits front line combined. McDyess has reallt slacked off at the end of this year and hopefully is worn down. Horford can play with Mcdyess but he cant play with Garnett. Smoove can battle with Sheed as long as he does not leave him open for 3. We have nobody who can guard Pierce. We have nobody to guard KG. I would take the Detroit matchup over the C'S all day and all night. Im not saying we will beat Detroit but we have a long shot. Maxiel is the guy who scares me down low, he has had games where he looked like Barkley vs us. I can see some 4th quarter close games with Chauncey and Bibby/JJ matching big shots with big shots. The refs are still going to kill us though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Perkins killed us the last time we played with interior D. Garnett is better than Detroits front line combined. McDyess has reallt slacked off at the end of this year and hopefully is worn down. Horford can play with Mcdyess but he cant play with Garnett. Smoove can battle with Sheed as long as he does not leave him open for 3. We have nobody who can guard Pierce. We have nobody to guard KG. I would take the Detroit matchup over the C'S all day and all night. Im not saying we will beat Detroit but we have a long shot. Maxiel is the guy who scares me down low, he has had games where he looked like Barkley vs us. I can see some 4th quarter close games with Chauncey and Bibby/JJ matching big shots with big shots. The refs are still going to kill us though.

And Bibby vs Billups doesn't scare you? Smoove's post defense has improve recently and I would give him 1st shot at Garnett. Pierce is a load but his dimensions play to our strength! We can alternate JJ, Marvin, Childress, and sometimes Smoove on him if he is really hot. As far as Perkins is concern, what he did at the beginning of the season is meaningless. We are a much better basketball team now both individually and collectively so I expect better result now compared to then!

And Bibby vs Billups doesn't scare you? Smoove's post defense has improve recently and I would give him 1st shot at Garnett. Pierce is a load but his dimensions play to our strength! We can alternate JJ, Marvin, Childress, and sometimes Smoove on him if he is really hot. As far as Perkins is concern, what he did at the beginning of the season is meaningless. We are a much better basketball team now both individually and collectively so I expect better result now compared to then! The truth is Billips is going to make big shots down the stretch no matter who guards him. The hope is that now we have 2 guys in JJ and Bibby who can match those big shots down the stretch. The differance between playing Boston vs playing Detroit is vs Detroit there will be a down the stretch as opposed to Boston when we will be way behind for the most part. Garnett will play with us like a toy. We have nobody that can even come close to guarding him. Perkins killed us 1 month ago with Bibby not at the beginning of the season. He dominated us inside like alot of bigger guys do. He had like 12 pts 12 boards and 4 or 5 blocks. Paul Pierce played with us to the tune of 30 or so points. We arent alllowed to put enough guys on the court to double PP ,Garnett , worry about Allen behind the 3 line and get killed by Perkins as well as Garnett on the boards. Maybe we steal one game in Atlanta vs them. If we play Detroit it will be a series. Im not saying we will win but it will be a series.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Perkins killed us 1 month ago with Bibby not at the beginning of the season. He dominated us inside like alot of bigger guys do. He had like 12 pts 12 boards and 4 or 5 blocks.

1st of all Perkins, Perkins has scored a total of 15 points in 2 games against us! yes he rebounded well against us averaging 10 in 2 games but so did Horford. And Horford averaged 15 points per game on him. Now as far as the blocks go, that was Horford's 5th game as a pro and he got his shot blocked 3 times because early in the season he had a very limited offensive game. Now his game has matured and he knows how to protect the ball better. He even has that 15 ft jump shot down. In the second meeting, Horford's didn't get his shot blocked at all. Smith got his shot blocked a lot in the first game also but he has improved with the ball around the basket. Childress for some reason was having problems in that second game and got his shot blocked 3 times which is very rare! Bottom line is that I just don't think that Perkins will be that effective this time around like the 1st 2 meetings

Quote:

Paul Pierce played with us to the tune of 30 or so points. We arent alllowed to put enough guys on the court to double PP ,Garnett , worry about Allen behind the 3 line and get killed by Perkins as well as Garnett on the boards. Maybe we steal one game in Atlanta vs them. If we play Detroit it will be a series. Im not saying we will win but it will be a series.

Everyone has been playing better defense lately except Bibby so i think that we will do a better job defending both Garnett and Pierce. Unless Garnett is hitting that fall away 18 footer which is unguardable! You just tip your hat!