• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eternal Optimist: Still got a shot at 7.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

As it stands:

5. Washington 40-37

6. Philadelphia 39-37

7. Toronto 38-39

8. Atlanta 36-41

Final five games ---

Atlanta -->

@ Indiana (HUGE GAME)

@ New York (tank city)

vs. Boston (already locked into #1 seed)

vs. Orlando (already locked into #3 seed)

@ Miami (tank city)

If the Hawks can win out, and Raptors finish 3-2 or worse, the Hawks would claim the 7th seed.

Don't count on the Knicks being tank city. They play us tough every game and they almost beat the Hornets last night in NO.

We are 2 games behind Toronto but they get the tiebreaker so they would have to go 2-3 with us going 5-0. Unlikely, but possible since they aren't playing as well as they were earlier this year.

The question is, would we rather play Detroit? I don't know.

I think that we have it against Philly and we split with Washington but they would get the tiebreaker I think because of the better conference record.

Let's just be happy that this year we aren't worried about tiebreakers for draft position, right?

What worries me about the Celtics is that they are a better team than the Pistons and have 3 legit big time scoring options and they might intimidate us. At least with Detroit we know them and we know it won't be a high scoring game. They definitely hurt us with being a lot more physical though. Maybe having a better than earlier this year Zaza will help with that.

If we continue to play well (although tonight's game had some serious flaws), then the only remaining team we could realistically lose to is Boston. Like it or not, their starters will play about half of the game. And their bench is no longer crap either. If the Raptors continue to slide, as they have been ever since our whooping placed on them, then we very well could end up with that 7th seed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What worries me about the Celtics is that they are a better team than the Pistons and have 3 legit big time scoring options and they might intimidate us. At least with Detroit we know them and we know it won't be a high scoring game. They definitely hurt us with being a lot more physical though. Maybe having a better than earlier this year Zaza will help with that.

Finesse teams can have bad night shooting the ball and can be beaten! Philly recently beat Boston at home. Bullies can have an off night and still beat the crap out of you. It almost happen tonight!

Quote:

Quote:

I'd like to see a lineup of Law, Childress, Richardson, Marvin, Zaza with Salim, West, and Jones for the final 2-3 games of the season...

Absolutely...Unless #7 is truly in reach when we only have 2-3 games left, JJ and Bibby should barely see the floor.

Agreed. If we clinch before the season is over, Bibby and JJ should only be on for the first quarter. Other than that, they can sit and watch. They've been the main ones doing the carrying of the team, they deserve (and need) the rest.

LOL. Y'all do know that is a pipe dream. If we clinch early, Woodson version of resting the starters would mean that Bibby and JJ would play 35 mins a game instead of 40+.

And now that I think about it, I would probably want to play the Celtics instead. We just can;t seem to beat Detroit. The only real way to beat them is run them over, but they won't allow you to do so. The Celtics play great defense, but they are more finesse than anything. Detroit is battle-tested and become grown ass Bears in the playoffs.