• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

my top 10 SGs in the NBA:

TruJerz

me and a few of my buddies were having this debate and this is what i came up with for my top 10 SGs:

1. Kobe

2. Iverson

3. McGrady

4. Wade

5. Joe Johnson

6. Ginobli

7. Vince Carter

8. Ray Allen

9. Monte Ellis

10. Brandon Roy

others that could make the list though:

Michael Redd

Richard Hamilton

Kevin Martin

J.R. Smith

Ben Gordon

Larry Hughes

Stephen Jackson

anyone wanna share their thoughts??

Quote:

me and a few of my buddies were having this debate and this is what i came up with for my top 10 SGs:

1. Kobe

2. Iverson

3. McGrady

4. Wade

5. Joe Johnson

6. Ginobli

7. Vince Carter

8. Ray Allen

9. Monte Ellis

10. Brandon Roy

others that could make the list though:

Michael Redd

Richard Hamilton

Kevin Martin

J.R. Smith

Ben Gordon

Larry Hughes

Stephen Jackson

anyone wanna share their thoughts??

Kobe is #1 no doubt. He always has been, contrary to what some people want to believe. He's the most feared offensive 2-guard in the league, and one of the best defensive guards in the league.

#2 has to be Wade, when healthy. He's almost unstoppable going to the hole.

No disagreement with T-Mac @ #3. He's a great scoring and playmaking option, even if he isn't clutch all the time.

#4 is JJ. If JJ were on the Nuggets, that team would be much better defensively, and not lose much from a scoring or playmaking standpoint. That team would be nice with JJ on it. Put Iverson on the Hawks, and I don't know if we're any better than we are right now. We might be worse. But if you put Iverson at the point, and JJ at the 2 on either team, both of those teams would be a threat to win their conference.

AI is a more potent offensive threat. JJ is far and away better defensively. Overall, I'll give a slight edge to JJ. So JJ is #4, and Iverson is #5.

Ray Allen is the prototypical 2-guard. While he's taken on the complimentary role in Boston, he's still more than capable of being the main man. And his performance in the All-Star game proves that he can still score in bunches. He's #6, but most people will put him ahead of JJ.

I have to penalize Ginoboli, because he never sees a double team. The game is totally different, when your opponent is looking to shut you down every game. Vince Carter is still a very good player who can take over a game with his scoring or playmaking. Offensively, I'd rather have Vince, if I didn't have another star on my team, because he is used to taking and making big shots. Defensive/flopping, Ginoboli definitely has the advantage. Ginoboli is nice though, real nice.

Vince is #6. Ginoboli is #7.

Michael Redd is #8. Like Allen, he's a prototype for how a 2-guard should play. He's an offensive machine at times, and has the ball skills to beat you off the dribble as well. Redd can score in bunches, and has unlimited range on his jumper. If he played with a legit PG that passed, his numbers would look even better.

Give me Roy at #9. After January, Brandon started getting the superstar treatment from other teams. It bothered him for a while, but he's starting to make the adjustment of how to still control a game, even when everybody is trying to stop you. Brandon, once Oden comes back, may skyrocket into the top 5 in a year or two. With Oden, his points, assists, and FG shooting should go up.

I love how Monta Ellis plays, but I think he's truly a product of the G-State system. He is very good in that system though. He probably deserves to be on this list, but I can't put him on it because he's such a liability defensively.

But at #10, I'm going with Iggy. He's very solid offensively and defensively. He's a guy that is starting to embrace being the go-to guy for his team, much like JJ did when he came here. Iggy is strong and has tremendous athleticism. Like Roy, Iggy could skyrocket up this list in a year or two.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I maybe would put ginobli ahead of joe but Joe puts up better numbers.

No he doesn't, he just plays more minutes. Ginobili only plays 30 mpg, he'd be an MVP candidate this season with 40 mpg.

Quote:

No he doesn't, he just plays more minutes. Ginobili only plays 30 mpg, he'd be an MVP candidate this season with 40 mpg.

It's hard to judge just how good Ginoboli really is, because he isn't the main guy on the Spurs. Not to say that any 2-guard in the league can be as efficient as Ginoboli is with the Spurs, cause they can't. But a lot of guys would look better with maybe one of the 20 best players ever in Duncan, and a PG that few can stop like Parker.

To me, Ginoboli is a lot like Scottie Pippen ( role wise ). Alongside a superstar, he's as good of a complimentary player you could ask for. But if he had to score 22 - 28 ppg every night, just so his team could win, he wouldn't be nearly as effective as a player.

When I do a list like this, I do it on the basis of which guy I would rather have. I'd trade Kobe, Wade, and T-Mac straight up for JJ. But I wouldn't do it for a guy like Ginoboli, Carter, Redd, or Iverson.

As of things right now, i would take JJ over t mac anyday, t mac in his prime is better than joe but right now hes weak and soft. Everybody on the houston realgm board wants to trade him. The only way he and even dwayne wade scores better than jj is on the free throw. Matter of fact if you exclude free throw i bet jj would be #2 or #3 in points and especially last year.....

you have some good arguements but Iverson is better than Wade and JJ. Wade when healthy is scary but he's still no IA! JJ maybe better than TMac though. I am a huge JJ fan..JJ and VC are my 2 favorite players actually. Monte Ellis is not just a product of the GSW..he scores easily in the half court as well as fast breaks..he can be that good on any team i think. And Ray Allen is good but all he brings to the game is a very excellent jump shot..his defense is okay, his passing is okay, and he cant really run a team. but the SG position has many good players as you can see!

Quote:

you have some good arguements but Iverson is better than Wade and JJ. Wade when healthy is scary but he's still no IA! JJ maybe better than TMac though. I am a huge JJ fan..JJ and VC are my 2 favorite players actually. Monte Ellis is not just a product of the GSW..he scores easily in the half court as well as fast breaks..he can be that good on any team i think. And Ray Allen is good but all he brings to the game is a very excellent jump shot..his defense is okay, his passing is okay, and he cant really run a team. but the SG position has many good players as you can see!

If AI was so great Philly wouldn't be playing so well since he left. He might be sitting on the couch watching his old team play in the first round.

1. Kobe----------Kobe

2. Iverson---------------Wade (Ivy is overrated now)

3. McGrady-----------------McGrady

4. Wade--------------------Iverson

5. Joe Johnson-------------Vince Carter

6. Ginobli--------------------Ray Allen

7. Vince Carter--------------JJ

8. Ray Allen---------Mano

9. Monte Ellis---------------Jason Richardson

10. Brandon Roy----------------Brandon Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------

11.Monta Ellis

12.Michael Redd

13.Richard Hamilton

14.Kevin Martin

15.Stephen Jackson

Why is Larry Hughes on this list at all? Seriously, he is horrible. Jason Richardson should get a mention above him. So should Kevin Durant even as a rookie. You could count Iggy as a SF I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1018

People have totally forgot about J-Rich.

Yes Ginobli is a great player and all......BUT make ginobli the first option and lets see what he can do. He plays with Duncan and Parker which always require more attention becus they have the ball more. JJ is getting doubled in every game, sometimes 3/4 of the game and still look at the numbers he puts up

• Moderators

Quote:

Why is Larry Hughes on this list at all? Seriously, he is horrible. Jason Richardson should get a mention above him. So should Kevin Durant even as a rookie. You could count Iggy as a SF I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1018

People have totally forgot about J-Rich.

I totally agree with Hughes/J-Rich.