• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woud You Trade: Josh Smith for Elton Brand?

vdunkndunk

Quote:

Earlier he was supposed to be an all star every year. Might have been another poster that said that. I never said he was bum... I said he can't put a team over the top and he doesn't because is a Robin and not a Batman.

Yeah I didnt say that. Your opinion may be valid here, but how can you render that judgment based on the talent he has been pooled with? Batman, Robin, and Superman together couldn't have brought any of those clips teams out of the west.

At any rate, the only thing I ever said was that we should only make this trade if we thought he could get us there, I never said I thought he could. Obviously that should be open for debate, but to come out and say he is a loser is way too strong, IMO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Guys, don't get me wrong, I really like Smoove and would think long and hard about trading him. But Elton Brand is one of a very short list of big men who bring something in ALL aspects of the game. That is extremely rare. I'd much rather give him a max deal than Smoove.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, and an absolute stud on the court.

I was so hoping the Spurs would get him a couple of years ago. Could you imagine that team?

I gave up on this thread after realizing that many people posting in it just don't watch NBA games outside of Hawks games (which is fine, but I'm not gonna debate with people who don't watch Brand enough to see how a Horford/Brand front court would probably be the most dominant in the league).

Mr. H knows what's up tho.