• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

USA TODAY's "Team of the week"

Brotha2ThaNite

The Atlanta HAWKS!

Just happy to see we are getting notice in a national newspaper. If we would have won both 76ers game we would be getting ESPN talk, I bet.

I typed what they said about us for those who do not read the USA Today newspaper.

PS: They maybe some typos but I think I got everything right. lol

Quote:

Team of the week.

Atlanta:
General fatigue, boredom with electronic gadgets and, yes, even the sameness of season-long room service at ritzy hotels become issues for NBA players by this time of the season. Tired legs can be the biggest mojo killer, but not for coach Mike Woodson’s young, invigorated Atlanta Hawks. Playing five games in seven days and winning four, Atlanta made headway trying to halt the league’s longest playoff famine (strike-shortened ’98-99 campaign). Monday, the Hawks scored 73 points in the first half, throttling the Memphis Grizzlies 116-99. Atlanta, currently seeded No. 8 in the Eastern Conference for the playoffs, defeated two teams in front of it in the playoff chase, the Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers. The Heroics included guard Mike Bibby’s 26 points and 12 assists Wednesday in a 127-120 overtime win against the Raptors. One night after losing at home to the 76ers 109-104, ending a five-game winning streak and enabling Philadelphia to clinch a playoff berth, Atlanta exacted revenge Saturday with a 92-85 win on the road. For the week, guard Joe Johnson led the Hawks’ balanced scoring attack, averaging 25.2 points.

Quote:

beating Indy would be the cherry on top of the cake!

Beating Indy means that the Hawks didn't back their way in. It means they forced their way in.

They had already taken care of business against the teams they were supposed to beat. But winning 3 of 4 against Tor, Philly twice, and Indy would definitely show that they deserved to get in.