2Indiana_Pacers_logo.png

@

Conseco.jpg

The Good Guys

hawks-new.gif

The Bad Guys

Deiner.jpgdanny.jpgJermaine.jpgMike.jpgTroy.jpg

ESPN.com Hawk/Pacers Preview

The Atlanta Hawks can take a big step toward clinching their first playoff berth in nine years by knocking the Indiana Pacers out of contention with a win at Conseco Fieldhouse on Tuesday.

Even with a victory, Atlanta still will have to wait until at least Wednesday to officially begin celebrating.

The Hawks (36-41) have a three-game lead over the Pacers (33-44) for the Eastern Conference's final playoff spot, and a four-game lead over the 10th-place New Jersey Nets. All three teams have five games remaining.

Atlanta comes in having won six of its last seven and 10 of 13, including a 92-85 victory at Philadelphia on Saturday.

"These guys are growing up and they're playing for something," Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said. "I'm so proud of the guys."

Woodson must be proud of his very young starting frontcourt.

Rookie center Al Horford has scored in double figures in six straight games, averaging 14.5 points and 8.8 rebounds while shooting 56.5 percent from the field. Marvin Williams, who turns 22 in June, has averaged 18.2 points in his last five games, shooting 63.5 percent from the floor and 25-for-29 (86.2 percent) at the free-throw line. Josh Smith, 22, is averaging 20.0 points and 8.8 boards in the last four games.

"We're a young team, but we play with poise," said Johnson, averaging 26.1 points in his last 19 games. "Mike (Bibby) and I are the only guys who have been to the playoffs, but the young guys are stepping up. I'm having a great time."

The Pacers are 19-19 at home this season. They've won three straight and eight of nine at Conseco since March 2, and are 12-2 at home against the Hawks since the 2000-01 season.

Today's Audio Selection

Right Click and open the following link in a new window and minimize before continuing

Gentlemen Once again It's time to hit the Welcome Center

numbnut.jpg

Because your Atlanta Hawks are visiting the Great State of Indiana!

indiana_postcard-1.jpg

Get here and get here early because there's plenty to see!

Indiana is on the cutting edge of the Tech Sector

img2821.jpg

Indiana affords the perfect background for the U.S. Marine Corps Special Ops Training School

img2831.jpg

Stay away from those Bars - A Hot Chick Indiana Style!

christmas070041.jpg

Be careful to avoid those downtown Indianapolis traffic jams

IMG_63491.jpg

And if you have to use the restroom you better stop here because it's the only place you'll find indoor plumbing in Indianapolis!

img1401.jpg

And while the Brains may have left the building the games go on....

298339.jpg

Fresh off the injury list tonight... the King of Corn.... Superfly on the bench

26pistons.jpg

Trivia Question: What does 19.7 million get you in Indy?

Answer: 37 Games 14.6 pts and 6.9 reb

Now that's what I call Value!

JO's spent so much time in the trainer's room he's on Hollywood payrolls as a Medical Consultant

scrubsja3.jpg

Look dude I hate to break it to you but there was only one way you were making the playoffs this year Jermaine

jermaineswitch2bpb6.jpg

Breaking news!

Live from Channel 8 ----

ANOTHER INDIANA PACER HAS JUST BEEN ARRESTED!

untitled.jpg

General Woodson our spies have unearthed some valuable information!

_745297_soldier300.jpg

It seems we have intercepted Indiana's Game Plan!

09132007.jpg

Armed now with this knowledge can the General make the necessary adjustments?

woodyPatton.jpg

Gentlemen Just as it seemed all was lost

hawksmx0.jpg

When we thought this man was a total Moron

bklu5.jpg

As we had conceded our Fearless Leader was done

woodson.jpg

Hope arrived!

yellwy7.jpg

The Hawks are 7-3 over their last 10 and have a winning record since acquiring Bibby

With a win against Indy the Hawks will have this thing wrapped up

NBA Playoff Picture

Have you bought your playoff tickets yet?

HWK_Playoff_TopRt_MN.jpg

motivator5221526-1.jpg

You're damn straight I did!

Hawks fans....

MarvinWilliams8.jpg

Viva la Hawks!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Just my opinion. Of course opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. I just believe we are better than Indy. They are not good on defense. They are not athletic as us. I'd probably take their coach over ours. However, we have two big time players in Joe and Bibby, who I believe are more clutch than anyone they have on their roster. I'd call Granger and Smoove a wash (and I'm not convinced Granger's that close to Smoove). They have a banged up Jermaine O'neill. Sure he's played big games, but he's not himself yet. Foster doesn't give you anything on offense and if we box out and attack the glass, his rebound numbers shouldn't hurt us. Diener look great against the Bucks, but I'd take Bibby over him any day. I'd take Childress over Marquis Daniels, in terms of hustle and energy players. I just like our team better and I'm at the point in the season where I say we're supposed to beat a team like this. Is it a given? No. But, I think a bad showing against these cats could be termed a choke. However, that's only my opinion. We have the weapons to make this happen. Let's run them off the court.

Losing to a team fighting for there playoff lives, at their house, where they are red hot is not choking.

Choking is losing to the Knicks or Heat or to Boston's or Detroit's bench.

I do know this, we can't afford to double anybody, including O'neal....if we can control the post without doubling I think we win this game.

If O'neal gets our bigs in foul trouble early, we have to double or go zone, we may be in trouble.

Quote:

Losing to a team fighting for there playoff lives, at their house, where they are red hot is not choking.

Choking is losing to the Knicks or Heat or to Boston's or Detroit's bench.

I do know this, we can't afford to double anybody, including O'neal....if we can control the post without doubling I think we win this game.

If O'neal gets our bigs in foul trouble early, we have to double or go zone, we may be in trouble.

Ok. Difference of opinion. My application of choking is applied to any time, that one believe has a clear advantage over it's opponent, allowing said opponent to win. It's all subjective. I just believe we have advantages that would dictate we should win the game. Indy just isn't that good to me. However, I see your point.

I think the Hawks should just knock out Indy tonight and get all the drama away.

But it's definitely gonna be tough. This is basically an elimination game for Indy. Hopefully our guys rise up to the occasion. We've seen the improvement, now let's see them apply that improvement and knock out Indy tonight!

Welcome Back teke!

I always love these pre game threads....gets me hyped for the game!

Indiana is in a "do or die" situation and we are not. We will have to match their

urgency. Winning tonite would take us one BIG STEP closer to making the post season a reality. Losing won't be the end of the world, but it would add unnecessary pressure. Our starters could use some rest!