• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: What's Your Current Mindset?

JackB1

• Premium Member

Tonight's game represents more than just clinching a playoff spot! Its a statement game! Its a game that will tell us Hawk fans how good our team has become and what to expect from them in the playoffs. Also it will help determine what to do with the current roster long term. If we struggle with Indiana at this stage in the season then we have to take a long look at our current personnel this off season. If we take care of business like we did in Philly, all of this Kaman and Brand talk should cease immediately! I've been just as critical of the Hawk's players as anyone early but I see something different now. When Smoove was fighting Bosh in Toronto, I took notice. When Marvin start rebounding like he did in New York, I took notice. When Zaza played solid defense on Howard, I took notice. When JJ started backing his man down and shooting over him in the lane, I took notice. When Bibby started hitting shots against Memphis, I took notice. When Horford rendered Dalembert useless in Philly, I took notice. When Childress defended Ford and blocked his shot, I took notice. Even when Woodson tried a different line up with Childress and Williams in the back court and played zone, I took notice!

These Hawks are different! I don't have that feeling of "I hope that they beat Minnesota tonight at home" anymore. I know that they will! So you guys can continue to close your eyes and cross your fingers hoping the the Hawks win 38 games and back into the playoffs if you want to. Or continue to propose trades instead of believing in the current roster if you want to. Not me! This team has definitely shown me enough to stop worrying about everything. They will take care of business tonight!

• Premium Member

I voted for the third one. I don't think we can mess this up, but a win tonight would pretty much clinch it. It's not over til it's over. Who thought the Mets would've blown the NL East last year?

Quote:

I voted choice #3. If they win tonight, no way they can mess this up, even if they are "the" Hawks.

Yeah this is basically a clinching game, the biggest game any of the draftees have played. I think the intensity of the Philly games were good preparation for this game.

But the Hawks continue to make so many dumb mistakes i can't really feel confident.

Quote:

Tonight's game represents more than just clinching a playoff spot! Its a statement game! Its a game that will tell us Hawk fans how good our team has become and what to expect from them in the playoffs. Also it will help determine what to do with the current roster long term. If we struggle with Indiana at this stage in the season then we have to take a long look at our current personnel this off season. If we take care of business like we did in Philly, all of this Kaman and Brand talk should cease immediately! I've been just as critical of the Hawk's players as anyone early but I see something different now. When Smoove was fighting Bosh in Toronto, I took notice. When Marvin start rebounding like he did in New York, I took notice. When Zaza played solid defense on Howard, I took notice. When JJ started backing his man down and shooting over him in the lane, I took notice. When Bibby started hitting shots against Memphis, I took notice. When Horford rendered Dalembert useless in Philly, I took notice. When Childress defended Ford and blocked his shot, I took notice. Even when Woodson tried a different line up with Childress and Williams in the back court and played zone, I took notice!

These Hawks are different! I don't have that feeling of "I hope that they beat Minnesota tonight at home" anymore. I know that they will! So you guys can continue to close your eyes and cross your fingers hoping the the Hawks win 38 games and back into the playoffs if you want to. Or continue to propose trades instead of believing in the current roster if you want to. Not me! This team has definitely shown me enough to stop worrying about everything. They will take care of business tonight!

You guys always put too much emphasis on ONE GAME. If we lose tonite, it doesn't mean "WE SUCK". Basketball is such a streaky sport that you never know what you will get on any given night. That is why Championship series are Best out of 7. We have won like 9 of out last 13 or something like that...that is what's important. You can't always expect one game to define your team...it just doesn't work that way. But don't worry about it...we will get this thing done....if not tonite, then soon!