• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Great Win - JJ 34 pts Bibby 24 pts!

JackB1

Smith has two persistent problems that showed up again last night. First he doesn't box out so the other team gets way too many offensive rebounds. Secondly when he gets in close he frequently throws up weak finesse shots instead of dunking.

At least he didnt throw up a lot of jumpers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Smith has two persistent problems that showed up again last night. First he doesn't box out so the other team gets way too many offensive rebounds. Secondly when he gets in close he frequently throws up weak finesse shots instead of dunking.

At least he didnt throw up a lot of jumpers.

Yeah, Smoove really didn't have as good a game as his stats... Most of his points came in the fourth thanks to dumb New York fouls.

Hopefully he brings it tonight against the Cs

The not boxing out is the biggest issue that really bugs me about him (and our team in general). They have gotten by on their athleticism their whole life and probably never had to box out. It would have been good for them all to spend at least 2 years in college learning the fundamentals like Al did.

Smoove has really started developing that move where he drives and then spins back the other direction for a layup and it seems like nobody has been able to stop it. That and Marvin's little hook in the lane are 2 things I would like to see a lot more of from them.

I have to disagree here. Josh Smith set the tone in this game with his play. He's a HUGE reason we won this game along with JJ, Bibby and Horford. Josh's play in the last two games speak volumes. The guy brings it, especially in BIG games. He's the only one who showed up in the Indy game which set the team back. I hope he brings it tonight because the hawks have no chance to win without him.