• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another Idiotic Comment By Woodson

JackB1

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...hawks_0412.html

"At this point in time minutes shouldn't be an issue," Woodson said. "Boston played [Friday], too. And I don't know how many minutes their guys played. But it shouldn't matter."

I guess he now plans to play JJ and our starters into the ground. Funny, because didn't Woodson say last week something like "I gotta start watching my guys minutes more".

The difference is that Doc Rivers has a brain and got his starters some rest tonite. Wood-head , on the other hand, didn't rest his starters even though we had 20 pt leads most of the night.

• Premium Member

Quote:

"At this point in time minutes shouldn't be an issue," Woodson said. "Boston played [Friday], too. And I don't know how many minutes their guys played. But it shouldn't matter."

I guess he now plans to play JJ and our starters into the ground. Funny, because didn't Woodson say last week something like "I gotta start watching my guys minutes more".

The difference is that Doc Rivers has a brain and got his starters some rest tonite. Wood-head , on the other hand, didn't rest his starters even though we had 20 pt leads most of the night.

Uhm Jack...

The most important thing right now is getting in the playoffs.

The Celts are in.

We're not.

We're fighting for our playoff lives...

If Woody played our starters 48 minutes, nobody should say a word!

Dolfan, it is a shame, isn't it?

I bet people don't even realize that they do it sometimes because they've been used to this team losing for so long and complaining about everything. And absolutely everything Woody says and does, is spun into some negative comment. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He gets no credit for this team playing well of late, but all the blame for the 4 losses. Gotta love that.

As for Woody running his starters into the ground, that's a moot point these days. He may be content to do like Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix does, and just go with a 7-man rotation. If you have a weak bench, you might as well roll with the guys who far and away play the best.

Bibby's ability to man the point for 35 - 40 minutes a night ( whenv healthy ) has really enabled us to interchange all of our versatile SFs, and play them more in their natural positions.

- Smoove @ PF and C

- Marvin @ SF and PF

- JJ @ SG and SF

- Chill @ SF and SG

When Bibby sits for about 3 minutes, he's opting to let Chill or JJ initiate the offense from the point, instead of letting Acie or Salim do it. Some of you may not like that. I don't like it for Acie's sake. But it may be what is best for the team. Right now, development must take a backseat to winning.

Yep, right now we have to go with the best players and ride them. They will have all offseason to rest.

Our season completely rides on the shooting of Bibby and JJ though. If one of them are one we can compete against any team. If both of them are on we are a very difficult team to beat. Specifically though Bibby has to give us something offensively for us to have a chance. If we can have games like this where Bibby, JJ, and a 3rd player goes for 20+ I really like our chances.

Quote:

I agree with the other members of the board, we must get in the playoffs; minutes are not a primary concern. Win and get in..... Win and get in.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with the other members of the board, we must get in the playoffs; minutes are not a primary concern. Win and get in..... Win and get in.

Woodson deserves to be blasted much of the time but he is absolutely right that the team just needs to gut every game out regardless of the minutes they played last time because it is do or die time. I would much rather Woodson run our starters into the ground over the last 3 games than sit Horford with 2 fouls for 20 minutes or give JJ 12 minutes of rest to keep him fresh. Obviously, there comes a point during a game where a guy may need a breather to be effective but you just focus on doing what you need to do to win.

Quote:

....has really enabled us to interchange all of our versatile SFs, and play them more in their
natural positions

- Smoove @ PF and
C

??? C is anything but a natural position for Smoove. He should never, ever play center in an NBA game

Woody says, "Winning right now is more important than minutes of play."

What an idiotic statement. Gee whiz. He should know better. These young men

need their rest, regardless of whether we win or lose. Now, try to live with THAT!

Minutes of rest last night for our starting five:

4.53 - - - Joe

5.45 ---- Bibby

8 - - - JS & Marvin

15 - - Horford.

Starters didn't get a full 48 minutes. Despite this, Hawks won. How can this

be happening?

Poor us. We win. We complain. If we do make the playoffs, then we will really

have something to complain about. And, if we don't, fire everyone and trade all

our players - - Oh, yeah, that works!!

GO HAWKS !!!!

we cant have it both ways. when we put the bench in with a 30 point lead and they damn near lose it, our bench terrible. but when we play our starters big minutes in important games that are far from being decisive victories or loses, woody is running his players into the ground.

listen folks, the hawks have to make the playoffs this year. point blank. anything less is a failure. woody knows this, bk knows this, asg knows this. there is no way on earth that woody is going to allow some scrub, should be nbdl or 12th man, wide eyed rookie players lose these important games for us. if we lose its going to be because of our top 7 players. and i don't blame him for it and neither should you.

Quote:

This is not an idiotic statement. Minutes should not matter, it's do or die time.

The idiotic part of that article is the poll. The AJC and 31% of atlanta fans believe boston will win a 7 game series in 3 games.

lol,

but i was talking about the statement that started the thread

Quote:

Quote:

....has really enabled us to interchange all of our versatile SFs, and play them more in their
natural positions

- Smoove @ PF and
C

??? C is anything but a natural position for Smoove. He should never, ever play center in an NBA game

The days of dominant BIG centers has passed. Possibly the best center in the game is Dwight Howard. Do you all realize he is only 6'11 and 215 lbs approx? Smoove is 6'9 and 210 approx. So yea, PF/C is his best position to me.

And as far as the minutes, last night's rotation should be permanent. As I said before, the starters, Chillz and ZaZa are the only ones who should see the court.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

natural positions

- Smoove @ PF and
C

The days of dominant BIG centers has passed. Possibly the best center in the game is Dwight Howard. Do you all realize he is only 6'11 and 215 lbs approx? Smoove is 6'9 and 210 approx. So yea, PF/C is his best position to me.

LOL

Howard weighed 240 4 years ago at the combine.

click

He has obviously bulked up and is listed at 265 now.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwight_howard/index.html

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

natural positions

- Smoove @ PF and
C

And as far as the minutes, last night's rotation should be permanent. As I said before, the starters, Chillz and ZaZa are the only ones who should see the court.

No way in hell Dwight Howard is 215. That's a big man. Gotta be 270.

On the height thing, seems to me that's negated by strength, armlength and leaping ability. That's why Brand plays 7'0". Horford almost does. And Zaza plays 6'4".

Alright, so I was wrong on this one! I guess I am so used to Woody saying stupid things in the post game press conference that I expect it all the time smile.gif I was so pissed that he didn't know how many wins we needed to clinch yesterday, that I was ready to jump on anything he said.

I agree, that we have to win at all costs now, but the point I was trying to make was that

Woody has ignored how tired Joe, Bibby and other starters appear sometimes and NOW he says it doesn't matter. That's great, but you cant wave a magic want and undo what he has done all season. I just hope our guys (especially JJ) have enough in reserve to complete these last few games with energy to the end. Lets hope we can end this thing tonite at home! (Go Bobcats!)

Quote:

Alright, so I was wrong on this one! I guess I am so used to Woody saying stupid things in the post game press conference that I expect it all the time
smile.gif
I was so pissed that he didn't know how many wins we needed to clinch yesterday, that I was ready to jump on anything he said.

I agree, that we have to win at all costs now, but the point I was trying to make was that

Woody has ignored how tired Joe, Bibby and other starters appear sometimes and NOW he says it doesn't matter. That's great, but you cant wave a magic want and undo what he has done all season. I just hope our guys (especially JJ) have enough in reserve to complete these last few games with energy to the end. Lets hope we can end this thing tonite at home! (Go Bobcats!)

Yeah, but I think you manage minutes through the season so that they're fresh for their playoff push. So now is when you play 'em til their tongues hang out. 'Sides, they'll prolly only have to play fo' extra games once Boston gets through with them. That'll give them six months to get their legs back.