• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Hubie Awards - Al and Smoove

Admin

If Horford doesnt get ROY, then it will just go to show that the voters don't know what they are doing.

As for Smoove, he needs to play a hell of a lot better man defense if he is going to be considered even in the top 5 or 7 in my book.

I hope that some of the voters got to watch Al play last night. If there was any game that defined why he should win the award it was last night.

I agree on the Smoove thing. He definitely has to become a more consistent man up defender before he will truly be considered among the elite.

Yeah, you said it about Al. People just don't realize how special he is. Unlike Zaza, Horford is undersized at the Center position. However, unlike Zaza, his passion, energy, talent, and hustle allows him to play much bigger than he is. This dude will be a straight up beast after he becomes stronger, refines his techniques, and puts on a tad bit of weight. How scary is that? For anyone to think Horford is anywhere near his limit performance-wise is insane. He's going to be something special.

If you didn't watch the game last night then you probably didn't hear this stat but KG has 29 double doubles on the season and last night Al (as a rookie!) got his 25th and KG has an excellent shot at winning the MVP this year. Now that is freaking impressive!

He keeps getting compared to a young Buck Williams and I can see the similarities in their games but I honestly think he is a 20/10 guy in another couple of years.

Quote:

If you didn't watch the game last night then you probably didn't hear this stat but KG has 29 double doubles on the season and last night Al (as a rookie!) got his 25th and KG has an excellent shot at winning the MVP this year. Now that is freaking impressive!

He keeps getting compared to a young Buck Williams and I can see the similarities in their games but I honestly think he is a 20/10 guy in another couple of years.

Ever since trusty channelsurfing stopped showing the games a couple weeks ago, I havent been able to watch them--I can only listen to them. But yeah, Horford's fire, talent, desire, energy, work ethic, and hustle allow him to play the Center position at a high level--even as a rookie and undersized. People worried so much about his offensive ability early on in the season. Once we got a capable PG, along with becoming more comfortable with his 15-footer, Horford started scoring in bunches (and sometimes at will). Still, not enough offense is run through him, but he is very, very capable of being a 15/10 guy if he stays at Center in the near future, or a 20/10 Boozer like guy if he is shifted to PF. Either way, a true backup Center is needed to take some pressure off of him. When Zaza is your backup Center first off the bench, you know you are in trouble.