• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Way to limit Joe's minutes Woodson

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Joe just played the entire first quarter. By the way, there was an Acie Law sighting. And for you Woodson lovers, Smith just brought up a great point about Childress playing on the perimeter the last 6 weeks. The minutes have gone up and the offensive production has gone down to 7 ppg.

Quote:

so would you rather joe, smoove and horford risk injury. slim as our chances against boston is, smart fans would understand you rest your stars with two meaningless games left. if they wanted to see the starters that badly, we would sell out every game.

People don't usually enjoy wasting money. I don't think they paid to see backups so yes I guess they would want to see the starters atleast some.

who gives a sh*t? Real fans want to see the team succeed in the playoffs, and the best chance to do that is rest the guys that will carry the load. Esp. in our case, since our top 6 are so overworked.

I would gladly eat my $40 or whatever and watch the second unit go out and piss the game away than win see Joe play 48 min and win a meaningless game. You've lost perspective.

• Moderators

Quote:

who gives a sh*t? Real fans want to see the team succeed in the playoffs, and the best chance to do that is rest the guys that will carry the load. Esp. in our case, since our top 6 are so overworked.

I would gladly eat my $40 or whatever and watch the second unit go out and piss the game away than win see Joe play 48 min and win a meaningless game. You've lost perspective.

I think Joe playing 25 minutes or so is good for our success in the playoffs, though. Getting a week off would disrupt his rhythm and that is something we want to preserve with the way he is playing lately.

Quote:

I think Joe playing 25 minutes or so is good for our success in the playoffs, though. Getting a week off would disrupt his rhythm and that is something we want to preserve with the way he is playing lately.

I agree. All in all, I think Woody played it about right.

Quote:

There is no reason for the bench to play the entire game. You think people paid for tickets to watch Salim and Acie?

Wow... I can't believe the type of haters there are on this board. People wanted the starters to be benched. I know Woodson wanted that win, but he knew he had to get his starters off the court and maybe give them some burn here and there, and that's the right thing what he did.

Yet, there are still people complaining about how Woodson coached? I don't know how you can call yourself a fan when you want your starters to play as much as they did in the previous games when we have a playoff game to play in the coming future. I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with you.

There should be NO argument. All the Hawks players played. If you came to see the

game, you got to see ALL the players, not just the starters.

Also, if you really care and follow the team, everyone knew that the starters were

going to play limited minutes as soon as it was announced that Atlanta was in the

p;ayoffs this season.

So, who should feel cheated? Thowe few who might have thought that they would

see the starters on the floor all game? They all played. Just limited minutes. Then,

there was all the others we might not have saw much of before. Great time to see

what they could do.

The only thing that is wrong is what peoples outdated view of what a fan is.

People have the right to expect what they get paid for. The NBA is millions of dollars of BUSINESS. The fans have the right to expect to get their money worth. Hearing former players like Spreewell talk the way they do should have brought you out of the "support the players and team at any cost" bullsh!t that people continue to spew out.

It's amazing how some people preach loyalty when these people you're die hard fans of don't give a crap about you. Grow up.