• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We have only won 2 more games then the 2002-03

Joker

season.

That team that had Reef, Big Dog, JT, and Theo. This is sad, that was one of our most disapointing teams in our history. Were proud of our current team, yet, their really not that good, their just average. Just like the team with Scotts, they were just average. I feel we have to make changes, I glad were in the playoffs but come on, were not winning this series and need a major edition to even move to the next level and just keeping the current roster is not going to do it. More vets are needed, a true solid Center for the team we have is needed. We have to look to win titles, not just be a one and done squad which means little to be honest.

Quote:

First of all its big Dog and not Mad Dog. Second of all they were disappointing because they were 3 allstars and JT and they couldn't make the playoffs. We have 1 allstar.

Reef was the only one that made the All Star games that yr and that was cause of stats, even Jamaal Magojire made it. JT wasn't a All Star then, either was Big Dog, if I remember right, he was going though family issues at that time. SAR is Josh Smith brother. Stats ballers/ Impacting the game umm...... SAR had that shot that always got blocked. I remember. Theo was ok but Nazi Muhammed came off the bench and outplayed him, time to time. I went to at least 10 games that year, Ira Newble was playing good at times.

Quote:

Quote:

First of all its big Dog and not Mad Dog. Second of all they were disappointing because they were 3 allstars and JT and they couldn't make the playoffs. We have 1 allstar.

Reef was the only one that made the All Star games that yr and that was cause of stats, even Jamaal Magojire made it. JT wasn't a All Star then, either was Big Dog, if I remember right, he was going though family issues at that time. SAR is Josh Smith brother. Stats ballers/ Impacting the game umm...... SAR had that shot that always got blocked. I remember. Theo was ok but Nazi Muhammed came off the bench and outplayed him, time to time. I when to at least 10 games that year, Ira Newble was playing good at times.

Theo Hardly played when he was a Hawk, I don't think he really wanted to be on the team. I think Speedy may have the same feelings.

Man please.

That 02 - 03 team was projected by most of the media to be a top 6 team in the East that year. Some even had us top 4. That team underachieved big time.

Big Dog didn't make the all-star team while in ATL, but he made it 2 years earlier, when Milwaukee went to the ECF. And he was still one of the top shooters in the league in that first year with us. That team should've won 50 games.

These Hawks, at the most, would win 43 - 45 games. That 02 team won only 9 road games.

We cannot compare the SAR, Big Dogg, Ratliff, and JT team to this one. The current squad only has two veterens, a rookie PF playing center, and guys who haven't been in the league more than 4 years. SAR, Big Dogg, and Ratliff were in their prime. Our guys are still learning how to play the game.

Quote:

We cannot compare the SAR, Big Dogg, Ratliff, and JT team to this one. The current squad only has two veterens, a rookie PF playing center, and guys who haven't been in the league more than 4 years. SAR, Big Dogg, and Ratliff were in their prime. Our guys are still learning how to play the game.

I agree.

I guess now, people will start complaining more about us not being a legit contender, seeing that can't complain about us making the playoffs. Then it will go to us not being a championship caliber team.

We had to crawl before we can run a marathon. Ish, we just started to walk..

Playoffs Guaranteed! What a joke that season was. You can't really compare the two. Completely different teams and they weren't playing during the most dominant West season ever. 7 or 8 teams will win 50 in the West this year. This team is underacheiving, but we didn't get Bibby until after the All Star break. If we had him all season I'm sure we'd be at least .500.

That team was at the top of their professional life for the most part. They weren't

going to get much better, and, as players, they haven't.

Today's Hawks, on the other hand, have a front court that are in their early 20's

and have a lot of growing potential ahead of them.

I wouldn't want to trade what we have now for what we had then, would you?

This year's team may not have a better record, but they have a brighter future.

Quote:

This year's team may not have a better record, but they have a brighter future.

End Discussion. Aside from Bibby and Johnson, our team is full of kids still learning the game nowhere near their prime and is still saddled with Woodson. Give us a year or two with the right moves and growth, and this team will be a perennial playoff team.

Quote:

season.

That team that had Reef, Big Dog, JT, and Theo. This is sad, that was one of our most disapointing teams in our history. Were proud of our current team, yet, their really not that good, their just average. Just like the team with Scotts, they were just average. I feel we have to make changes, I glad were in the playoffs but come on, were not winning this series and need a major edition to even move to the next level and just keeping the current roster is not going to do it. More vets are needed, a true solid Center for the team we have is needed. We have to look to win titles, not just be a one and done squad which means little to be honest.

Considering we tanked our last two games (against teams that hadn't beaten us this season) and our 2002 team won 6-of-8 (after being eliminated from playoff contention) to make it as respectable as possible, this team is clearly better. I remember being blown out of the water so many times that year it wasn't even funny....