• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We might be stuck with Woody

Joker

Rumors are out that the Bulls want Carlisle along with Milwaukee. Mil wants Larry Brown, if their gone then the coaching markets elites are gone. Which means Woody has a great chance to coach the Hawks next season. FYI, don't be suprise if I'm right.

Are you forgetting Van Gundy? He's more "elite" than Carlisle.

Until the Thrashers hire a head caoch, I will remain under the belief that this current ownership group is incapable of hiring a new coach due to the existing governance guidelines and the ongoing divorce.

But there certainly are a half-dozen candidates that I would select over Woody if the owners have the ability (and funds) to get something done.

Quote:

Are you forgetting Van Gundy? He's more "elite" than Carlisle.

Until the Thrashers hire a head caoch, I will remain under the belief that this current ownership group is incapable of hiring a new coach due to the existing governance guidelines and the ongoing divorce.

But there certainly are a half-dozen candidates that I would select over Woody if the owners have the ability (and funds) to get something done.

JVG is not a better coach then Carlisle nor is he a good coach for the Hawks. His style would kill certain players on this team. I could go on but that's all that needs to be said.

Quote:

Rumors are out that the Bulls want Carlisle along with Milwaukee. Mil wants Larry Brown, if their gone then the coaching markets elites are gone. Which means Woody has a great chance to coach the Hawks next season. FYI, don't be suprise if I'm right.

No No my friend... Don't forget about DON NELSON contracts ends this year. BOY I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM HERE!

I wouldnt be too angry if we were stuck with Woody..I know there are better coaches available but he has a good relationship with the players here and I dont think he is half as bad as you all make him out to be...he isnt as bad a Lawrence Frank or Mike Brown lol jk but I would love to have Larry Brown here though

Quote:

Quote:

JVG is not a better coach then Carlisle

This is absurd.

How??? RC has won more with less, and is proven to be a elite NBA coach by his peers. JVG is good but with his style and what this team needs, the fit is not there. What else is there to say.

Quote:

What "style" are you referring to?

That play my type of ball or don't play at all mentality. That in no way will go well with Bibby or Josh Smith. They like to do there own things.

Then their asses would sit....that is exactly what this team needs...because they have been allowed to play the way they want to for too long....their way includes jacking up dumb shots, unforced turnovers and layup lines in the paint. This team needs structure....there has not been much under Woodson and this team has to learn to stop beating itself before it can consistently be an above .500 team.

The players in Indiana (Harrington/Artest) AND the players in HOU (McGrady) grew tired of BOTH coaches' grind it out, halfcourt, defense first styles and both coaches lost key players on their teams over time. Either guy would be an upgrade to Woody but neither guy comes without serious issues when it comes to developing productive relationships with key players.