• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

worst way to start out playoffs

Supporter

Quote:

When AJ and Lue was traded for Bibby, Acie should've kicked the door down and played well enough to stay in the rotation, but he didn't.

LOL your revisionist history is pretty funny. Acie got hurt in Bibby's second game with us. Acie sat out for nearly a month.

If there was ever a time to let Salim "audition" for the role of lead scorer off the bench that was it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

no matter how you look at it 37 wins in a weak conference is lame and certainly below what i expected. I predicted 42 wins in preseason so obviously i was way off.

I am in the same boat - 42 win prediction and at the end of the season I definitely think that number was acheivable (especially with the Bibby trade).

When we made the Bibby trade, we were 22 - 28, and about to go on that road trip out west after the all-star break. If you look at our schedule from that point on, we did drop some games that we should've won . . but we won some we had no business winning either.

The last 2 losses don't phase me too much, because JJ and Bibby weren't playing their normal minutes. If they do, we probably beat both Orlando and defintiely Miami, putting us at 39 wins. We dropped too many games before that Bibby trade, that we should've won, especially at home. We lost 3 OT games to Seattle, Washington, and Portland at home before the Bibby trade. Plus we lost a game to a depleted Cavalier team back in February.

We really should have about 30 home wins. So there goes your 42 wins, if you add those 4 games we flat out blew, plus the 12 road wins we got this year.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no matter how you look at it 37 wins in a weak conference is lame and certainly below what i expected. I predicted 42 wins in preseason so obviously i was way off.

I am in the same boat - 42 win prediction and at the end of the season I definitely think that number was acheivable (especially with the Bibby trade).

When we made the Bibby trade, we were 22 - 28, and about to go on that road trip out west after the all-star break. If you look at our schedule from that point on, we did drop some games that we should've won . . but we won some we had no business winning either.

The last 2 losses don't phase me too much, because JJ and Bibby weren't playing their normal minutes. If they do, we probably beat both Orlando and defintiely Miami, putting us at 39 wins. We dropped too many games before that Bibby trade, that we should've won, especially at home. We lost 3 OT games to Seattle, Washington, and Portland at home before the Bibby trade. Plus we lost a game to a depleted Cavalier team back in February.

We really should have about 30 home wins. So there goes your 42 wins, if you add those 4 games we flat out blew, plus the 12 road wins we got this year.

Your record is what it is.

It is easy to go back and say we should have won this close game or that close game but the reality is that you arent going to win every close game. Not to mention the close games we easily could have lost (Toronto anyone?).

All the starters played about 30 minutes against Miami while Wade, Marion, Zo and Wright were in street clothes. Orlando had nothing to play for either but beat us easily.

Quote:

Quote:

When AJ and Lue was traded for Bibby, Acie should've kicked the door down and played well enough to stay in the rotation, but he didn't.

LOL your revisionist history is pretty funny. Acie got hurt in Bibby's second game with us. Acie sat out for nearly a month.

If there was ever a time to let Salim "audition" for the role of lead scorer off the bench that was it.

My "revisionist" history is right on point. Woody went to Salim the very minute Acie went down in February. But as soon as Acie came back, Salim went right back to getting zero minutes. 2/22 through 3/10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=2786

At that point, it was up to Acie to do what he was supposed to do in the spot minutes he received in March and April after he came back from injury. I'm a big of an Acie fan than anybody on this board, but he was just too passive at the point in the minutes he did receive. That's when Woody decided to give some of the minutes he was allocating to Acie, and giving them to Chill.

Now, Woody doesn't trust Acie to get the job done, and he may be seeing if he can possibly trust Salim again as a scorer off the bench. Salim didn't do anything in those final 2 games to hurt his case for more PT. So in Woody's mind, Salim may be the guy to go with in those 5 - 15 minutes he used to play Acie in.

Quote:

Woody went to Salim the very minute Acie went down in February. But as soon as Acie came back,

So you think he was letting Salim be the primary scorer off the bench while playing 14 minutes per game (it was actually less than that but i don't feel like adding it up)?

Bibby was hobbled and Acie was out. He played Salim the bare minimum he could play him. If he believed that Salim could be the primary scorer off the bench, as you are claiming he believes now, that was the time to try it out. Not right before the playoffs on national tv against a 66 win team.

Quote:

But as soon as Acie came back, Salim went right back to getting zero minutes. 2/22 through 3/10.

Salim spent some time in street clothes as well. Hard to play in dress shoes.