• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Proving Ground

Wurider05

Smoove is going to have to prove that he can play smart and play under control. Joe will have to prove the he can bring it with the best. Bibby will have to prove the he still is the cold-blooded SOB from Sac-town. Marvin is going to have to prove that he can focus and grab the eye of the tiger. Horf is going to have to prove the he can be the most relentless mutha*&(&$% on the boards. Gentleman the gauntlet has been thrown, the challenge has been issued. I present to you your playoff bound Atlanta Hawks.

PS-If Smoove lays an egg he better not ask for anything near the max. He has got to step up his man on man D.

Quote:

Smoove is going to have to prove that he can play smart and play under control.

We already know that won't happen.

The one thing i really want to see in this series is for Marvin to produce on offense. Philly plays tough D and Marvin did very well against them.

I still don't know quite what to make of Marvin. At times he looks like a clumsy oaf that doesn't even belong on the court. At others he looks like he could be a very effective player.

He is quietly developing a quality post game. His hook is money and he looks comfortalbe shooting that turnaround J going left. He has been more in control on his drives lately and isn't barging out of control into the lane as much.

Boston's defense will be relentlessly focusing on JJ so i think it is predictable that he will struggle. Bibbly will probably have a tough time scoring on Rondo. Smith and Horford are still a work in progress on offense.

But i think Marvin has the tools to produce now. The question is will he be able to do it against the best defense in the league on a national stage in the playoffs.

I think we've all said it before, but once again can't hurt.

The Hawks need to establish Marvin early in the game. In a long series establishing Marvin as a true threat will open the floor for JJ and Bibby. If Pierce cann't sag off Marvin, then JJ or Bibby will have open shots.

Woodson make the commitment to your players as a whole, feed Marvin the damn ball.

Marvin, demand the damn ball. Unleash your innner Keyshawn!

I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me that the guys are going to try to get this done individually and not share the ball.

You know Joe wants to get back, being traded, then all the trash PP talked.

Smoove will try to pimp his game to the rest of the league.

I hope we play together; if we don't, it will get ugly fast.

Quote:

I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me that the guys are going to try to get this done individually and not share the ball.

I hope we are both wrong swole, but I was thinking that could happen too. The main reason I was thinking that is because of our inexperienced coach. Shaving your head doesn't establish discipline. Then again - if we get our asses totally handed to us in the first game - maybe the guys will buckle down from there on out.

Realistically - our guys have been on national TV a total of ZERO times this year (unless I missed one). You never know how they will react. Let's hope for the best.

Quote:

Quote:

I hope we are both wrong swole, but I was thinking that could happen too. The main reason I was thinking that is because of our inexperienced coach. Shaving your head doesn't establish discipline. Then again - if we get our asses totally handed to us in the first game - maybe the guys will buckle down from there on out.

Realistically - our guys have been on national TV a total of ZERO times this year (unless I missed one). You never know how they will react. Let's hope for the best.

We haven't been on National TV this century in my recollection.

I have no idea what to expect