• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

General Playoff Discussion.

DJ_Money

...because the wait until Sunday night is just too much to bear.

(These playoffs are too loaded to not be entertaining anyway...)

WAS/CLE was a very good game. Arenas and LeBron played like stars, but it was LeBron that made the big shots in the last two minutes.

...and for all the talking that Stevenson has been doing, he shows up and goes 1-9? Terrible. Not to mention that he did nothing to stop LeBron on the other end...

This PHX/SA game has been close most of the way and very entertaining. But the amount of flopping going on is absurd. Ginobili, Thomas, Nash, Bell...hell, even Shaq has gotten into the act today too. Should be an excellent conclusion here.

That was an amazing game. The 1st game today was pretty good, but that was an instant classic. Both teams blew chances to make it a shorter game but I have to think that Phoenix specifically blew this game. That 3 by Duncan was incredible.

What hurt them a lot was Shaq getting that 3rd foul in the first half and then getting his 5th which forced him to play very soft in the middle. If D'Antoni had taken Shaq out after he got his 2nd foul this game might have turned out another way.

Then at the end of the 4th the Suns couldn't get a shot off and had a 24 second violation when they had a chance to ice the game. There is no excuse for that.

First off, that was an awesome looking play. Homerun pass and then Paul launches it for a swish, but ... I watched it a few times and it looked like his feet slid after he caught the ball which should have been a travel since his pivot foot moved, right? Great play but I think that was a missed call.

Paul took like four steps. Shades of Chris Lofton's GW shot for Tennessee in the NCAA Tourney a few years back.

Dirk's acting on the Chandler technical was the worst flop since that Cavemen TV series.

This game looks like it could be building to yet another excellent finish.

According to Stephen A Smith, Paul was telling Kidd (at least 3 times) "this guy can't guard me". That's simply amazing from a 3rd year PG going up against a 1st ballot Hall of Famer like Kidd. Boy Dallas must be feeling stupid for trading for Kidd. They may have given up the better PG this year, not just in the future, plus the picks for a guy who should probably retire after this year.

Back to Paul, I think this is the guy that should win the MVP this year and I could easily see him deserving the defensive player of the year award as well.

The Hornets simply asserted their will against the Mavs in the 2nd half and if they play that way every game in this series they will blow through Dallas like it's nothing.

Yeah. I think Dallas is a good team, but the way the Hornets just willed themselves to a win tonight proved to me that they will likely upset these guys. I fully expect the Hornets to win this series...and if they play like they did in the second half, it wont even be close.

The Rockets have closed the gap and this looks like another great game. The Jazz were killing them in the 1st because of their rebounding dominance but that has changed big time in the 2nd half.

How about Deke with that block!! Man I would love to have him in this Boston series playing next to Al.

Quote:

Yeah. I think Dallas is a good team, but the way the Hornets just willed themselves to a win tonight proved to me that they will likely upset these guys. I fully expect the Hornets to win this series...and if they play like they did in the second half, it wont even be close.

How is it an upset? Isn't NO the higher seeded team?

Paul was lights out tonight - almost too painful to watch.

The Hornets are the higher seeded team but a lot of people predicted that the Mavs would win because of their playoff experience and New Orleans lack thereof. Just like Stephen A Smith did, a lot of those people will be flip flopping that pick after tonights game.

That's because you hate defense, or defensive games. I love watching Houston play because they play tough defense and they hustle. If the Hawks from top to bottom played as hard as the Rockets do we would have been a much better team. I would LOVE to have guys like Scola, Hayes, and Landry on the Hawks.

I hate watching a roster full of borderline starters/backups. Seriously, who wants to watch a 50 year old Deke and a washed up scrub like Bobby Jackson? Or who wants to watch Tmac shoot 7-30? Dude used to be a really good player at one time. IF Tmac was shooting for crap he wouldn't get a whiff.