• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

KG the great??

Wurider05

I like Kevin Garnett but the ass kissing the the media is giving him is getting ridiculous. Best player in the league? MVP? etc. Ladies and gentleman what we saw yesterday in San Antonio was is what greatness is all about. After all the hype (Lebron) and falsehoods have been put to rest. The player of this generation is going to be Tim Duncan. Say what you want to about his personality but this guy us legit. Funny how Garnett has to come to the weak ass eastern conference to dominate. Tim Duncan owns him and we all know it. I don't think that we will realize his greatness until he is gone. Honestly what was anyone expecting the Celtics to do with three all stars. Ray Allen has been underrated his entire career and remember how he used to light Kobe up. TD dropped 40 and 15 yesterday with two guys he made Allstars. Recognize. I think that tonight's game is going to be alot closer than people think but we have to go at them and not be afraid of the hype. I would say get physical but we all know that David Stern want is to be the Lakers and Celtics in the finals so the refs will blow the whistles quick and often.

Duncan is not better than Garnett

Garnett matches him in every category over the course of his career. The difference between one superstar going for a 5th title, and the other without one is something called SUPPORTING CAST.

Why do people not notice this? It's like the Hansbrough > Beasley camp because of how far UNC went.

There is a great site that lays out the formula for a championship team and one of the requirements is an all-NBA/all defensive team teammate

When has Garnett ever had this?

David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, Big Shot Bob, the list goes on of players who have stepped their games up in the post-season for the Spurs.

Without KG the Wolves are one of the worst teams in the league.

But unfortunately with so much emphasis put on post-season success which is a TEAM achievement, it will hurt KG's legacy in relationship to Duncan from an INDIVIDUAL standpoint

Duncan is better than KG. Duncan has the skill to be a 25 - 30 ppg scorer anytime he wants. But because he's such a team player, he'll sacrifice some of his offensive game, in order to make his teammates better.

When Duncan as hurt, the Spurs are a borderline garbage team. None of those guys, outside of maybe Ginoboli, could be the lead star on a team. All of those players have the luxury of hardly ever playing against a double team because of Duncan's presence.

The one complaint Minnesota fans had with KG, was that he wasn't clutch. He'd either defer to other people to make a key shot, or he'd missed the key shot . . almot every time. Luckily for KG, he has Pierce, Allen, and Cassell to take the big shots for him.

Quote:

Duncan is better than KG. Duncan has the skill to be a 25 - 30 ppg scorer anytime he wants. But because he's such a team player, he'll sacrifice some of his offensive game, in order to make his teammates better.

And Garnett is selfish? He isn't a team player?

Garnett averages more APG despite a more garbage cast throughout his career

I know that KG is a team player. I just said that Minny fans say that he wasn't a clutch performer.

Yes, he definitely hasn't had a supporting cast over the years.

- a young Stephon Marbury

- Tom Gougliatta

- Terrell Brandon, who ended up being injury prone and out the league

- Wally Szczerbiak

- Sam Cassell

- Latrell Spreewell

Only Cassell and Spree were able to help him get past Rd 1.

If I'm starting a team, and i have to choose between KG and Duncan, I'm taking Duncan without even hesitating.