• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Van Gundy just said something

GST

He said "Something you are always trying to do as a coach is getting your players to give up good shots, in oder to get great shots". I don't think I have seen this from the Hawks during the Woodson era.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He said "Something you are always trying to do as a coach is getting your players to give up good shots, in oder to get great shots". I don't think I have seen this from the Hawks during the Woodson era.

I think the Van Gundy resume is not what we need as a team. IF we had NO HOLES.. then Van Gundy would be a good coach for us. He likes to slow the game down and search for that great shot. Historically, pro basketball has gone beyond that.

Sometimes, you have to take a Red Auerbach approach to basketball. We're the best condition, most prepared team. We might not beat you with our personal abilities, but as a team, we're going to run up and down this court until our weaknesses disappears and the only thing that matters is who has the best conditioning and who won't forget their team identity.

For us, we have pieces that don't fit. We're undersized. We don't have a low post scorer. All of those things work against what Van Gundy would need to be successful. However, we're long and athletic. That means that there's room for us to be a stellar run and gun team. Nellie would be a great coach for this team. He would know how to get us to utilize the one strength we have... our youth.

Let's be honest... Boston can't run with us. They have big goliaths like Perkins and Big Baby. If we could turn this game into 48 minutes of running, we'd eventually wear out their big three and we'd be left with the remains. The only player that can run with us is Rondo and maybe Pierce. However, what we will do is slow the game down. Let them set their defense... Trying to search for a great shot with a team with no low post scoring. It makes no sense.

Give me Del Harris.