• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

no surprise by a blowout

PureGreatness

• Premium Member

There are sweeps every year, this is nothing new. I still think we'll get ONE though, no way our team as a whole plays as bad as they did tonight for the rest of the series.

It's just so unbelievable how inconsistent Bibby is. How do you go 10-12 one night than 0-12 the next ?? It's complete night and day.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It's just so unbelievable how inconsistent Bibby is. How do you go 10-12 one night than 0-12 the next ?? It's complete night and day.

4/4 Phi

L 109-104 40 1-11 .091 1-4

4/5 @Phi

W 92-85 35 4-13 .308 2-8

4/8 @Ind

L 112-98 27 0-8 .000 0-3

4/11 @Nyk

W 116-104 43 10-19 .526 3-6

4/12 Bos

L 99-89 37 6-19 .316 4-12

4/15 Orl

L 121-105 17 4-9 .444 1-4

4/16 @Mia

L 113-99 27 6-15 .400 1-4

Bibby's last 7 regular season games! Where is the inconsistency?

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you have watched Bibby play for the Hawks this season and don't realize how inconsistent he's been, than you just don't know what you're watching.

Poor shooter would be more acurate. His shooting percentage for the year is 40%

Quote:

The NBA should blackout the rest of this series. Seriously. The NBA has a bad image problem and a one sided series like this doesn't help. It makes the NBA look worse.

Why exactly are you here?

Nobody here thinks the Hawks are going to contend for the championship.

Most of us don't think the Hawks are going to win a single game.

All of us still want Woody gone after this season, and

the vast majority of us want BK gone as well.

That being said, we're still going to cheer for our team, and hold out hope that they might win a game. What would have been the positive in us losing out and not making the playoffs? It wasn't going to be a draft pick, because ours was going to Phoenix. However, another year without the playoffs, tainted as they are, would have disillusioned the young talent that we do have at a crucial point.

Why do you continue to moan and complain? If you don't want to watch the Hawks, then don't. I don't mind a little criticism. I actually stood up for Walter's stick, because he made educated points. All you do is whine. and whine. and whine. every thread. every person. What do you hope to accomplish? Tell me, I'd really like to know.

I was somewhat happy with the Hawks effort in the first half even though they were down and that's why I didn't say nothing. But naturally they fall apart again and get killed again. I didn't expect them to win the game, but nobody really stepped up. I complemented Al Horford because he showed what he was made of last night. There is ZERO doubts about him now. NONE NONE NONE

Alot of players would have wilted in his situation. In fact, pretty much the rest of the team did other than Childress. Honestly, JJ just looks overwhelmed and out of his league. If the Hawks don't get a true number one guy, mediocrity is what they will continue to have. He just doesn't have the intensity. Yes, I know he had a good stretch late in the season, but most of that was against god awful teams. When good defensive teams put the pressure on him he can't get it done.

Maybe he can as a 3rd option, but not as a number one guy. He simply is not cut out for that kind of load. The problem is that is eating up the Hawks cap space now and making twice as much as he is actually worth.

Quote:

However, another year without the playoffs, tainted as they are, would have disillusioned the young talent that we do have at a crucial point.

Or maybe they're fooled into thinking that they're a good team. And of course there is a bigger chance Woody might stay on board now. This d@mn team hasn't learned anything all year. What is getting killed really going to teach them? They still take poor shots, play bad defense, (have actually regressed in this area) still have those terrible 3rd periods, still go chunks of the games without giving effort. Just a few things. They did all of these things at the start of the season and are still doing them now. They haven't learned squat.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Or maybe they're fooled into thinking that they're a good team. And of course there is a bigger chance Woody might stay on board now.
This
d@mn
team hasn't learned anything all year.
What is getting killed really going to teach them?
They still take poor shots, play bad defense, (have actually regressed in this area)
still have those terrible 3rd periods, still go chunks of the games without giving effort. Just a few things. They did all of these things at the start of the season and are still doing them now.
They haven't learned squat.

Excellent points! It just baffles me that a non athletic team like San Antonio can play better defense than the Hawks! I mean when was the last time you saw a Hawk player take a charge? When Marvin forces Pierce to go to his left down the lane into the teeth of our defense, that should be a charge every time! But yet every time no one is there. Go figure!

I'd like to take anyone of the big three, hell, anyone in the league, and put them on that floor with that group of guys last night and see if they could get anything done. Aside from Horf, there was zero going on out there.

I'm not saying Joe didn't struggle. He did. But it's tough to go one on 5, esp. on the road in the playoffs against a 65+ win team that makes their living on defense. Joe was doing that out of necessity, not out of selfishness, because everyone that was not wearing 15 on their jersey was either (a) scared, (b) ineffective or both.