• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Elton Brand to the Spurs? [censored]

Admin

Just read where the Spurs are putting a full-court press on Elton Brand to sign a long term max deal with them. Would a Duncan/Brand front court be the best ever? If they could then add someone like Lamar Odom at SF I would give them the edge in defending their title, even over the Lake show.

Brand the max. The Clips HAVE to sign SOME players and if they chose not to match an offer to Brand, they almost certainly will match any offer that SA could make to Brand. Actually, I'll be surprised if the Clips don't match any offer that Brand gets. They reportedly offered him 5 yrs/$65 million already.

• Premium Member

I have heard that the Spurs are trying to work out something with Brand's agent that would include an "out" clause for Brand IF his team doesn't make the playoffs - meaning that if Sterling wants Brand that badly, they'll have to try and be competitive. Sounds like a win-win for Brand.

Plus, there has been talk of trying to front-load the contract as much as the CBA will allow with a signing bonus, etc.

They are trying really hard to [censored] Sterling. It's about time someone tried it...

I am doubtful it will work, but it's interesting nonetheless...