• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks need to play with a chip on their shoulder

OkayChief

Obviously, putting 5 cent pages on every player's locker with a trophy on it is not going to work.

Neither is this "we have nothing to lose garbage."

A more useful strategy would be for each player to recognize the chip on his shoulder (or a situation similar) and to let this anger out by running the basketball (we will have had 3 days rest tomorrow and for the Saturday game too).

Joe Johnson: Was called out by Paul Pierce for not deserving an All-star slot

The Joshes: Didn't get their extensions in the offseason

Horford: May not be announced ROY in next few days. Great example

Marvin: Woodson should post on Marvin's locker every quote about how he shouldn't have been the #2 pick

Bibby: People question whether he can still play like he did 6 years ago

Just some examples.

We need to run the ball!!

The Hawks just got the chip they needed with Bibby calling out Boston fans today. Although this could prove disastrous, I think this is just what the doctor ordered. Obviously, Sunday night, the Hawks played scared, and I think what Bibby said will really fire up the guys.

From Ajc.com http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...t_the_fire.html

Bibby lit into the Celtics’ fans before practice Tuesday, calling them “bandwagon jumpers.”

“They were kind of loud at the beginning,” he said. “But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too. And I didn’t see three fourths of them. They’re for the team now and they might get a little rowdy but that’s about it.”

When asked if he thought they were fair-weather fans, joining the party only after the Celtics’ offseason trades that brought Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to town, Bibby didn’t hesitate to pour more gasoline on the fire.

“You could say that,” he said. “I remember them having bags on their heads [last year]. It’s a different look. I guess that’s what happens when you win.”

Bibby and Josh Smith were the most noticeable targets of a small section of fans at TD Banknorth Garden Sunday night. They got into a verbal sparring match with some of the crowd as they left the floor at the end of Game 1.

“It’s good that they know I’m here,” Bibby said. “It was just a little confrontation to get them involved a little bit. But they are fair-weather fans if you ask me.”

If Bibby thought things were sticky Sunday (he shot 2-for-10 from the floor and had just five points and one assist in the Hawks’ 23-point loss), they ought to be downright wicked Wednesday night.

Time for Bibby to get hot and have one of his scoring nights. Then give the ( SHHHH ) sign as you run back up the court after some made 3's.

I would love it b/c it would mean we are playing well, in the game, and some one is showing fire !

Get hot Bibby !

Back up that talk !