• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hate feeling like this, but...

khaos7

There is a part of me that can't wait until our playoff stint is up and we get rid of Woodson and Knight. I've got to believe they are gone after this. This "era" of Hawks basketball, led by these two guys, has been painful, embarrassing, and unbearable. I'm sorry, but I can't be one of those guys who says "let's get over not picking Chris Paul and Deron Williams." Regardless of whether fans thought Marvin was the pick, our talent evaluators, who get paid to make the right decision, blew it. And watching Paul take a roster, that I feel is less talented than ours, to the top of the West is a bitter pill to swallow. For those who say Billy did good drafting Horford (no brainer at 3) and Smith, I'd counter by saying he missed on Deng and Iggy (I love Chillz, but these guys are bonafied starters), gave Speedy a King's ransom to sit on the bench, promised Shelden Williams the 5th spot anmissed on guys like Roy, Rondo, and Williams, and refuses to give us a big on the bench outside of Zaza.

To hear Woodson say we can't run because we don't rebound and defend, when Phoenix has made a living off running a playing zero defense (outside of Raja Bell) is too much.

As Hawks fans, we deserve more. It's my hope, a good coach is watching this team in the playoffs and is saying "hey if I had that team, I could do so much more." More than that, I pray the Spirit have already decided Woodson isn't it. Good assistant, bad head coach.

Beyond Woody, we haven't had a real coach since Lenny. I always challenged the idea that the whole JT, Reef, Big Dog, and Ratliff experiment couldn't have worked. You entrusted that roster with Lon Kruger and Terry Stotts. And the same vein, we gave Woody this team and potentially Smith and Chillz could be gone before we can see them with a real coach.

I don't mean for this post to be the same repetitive "I hate Billy and Woody post" that pop up every day. However, with no 1st rd pick, a daunting task in Boston, Smoove and Chillz in contract years, and the expectation that we should be better, I've got to believe, after the clock hits triple zeros, the front office will finally get it right.

I've got to believe that...

One of the commentators said last night that SA doesn't get a lot of offensive rebounds because they would rather get back and get their defense set than risk being out of position by going for a lot of offensive boards. They sure are difficult to score on in the half court AND they make a concerted effort to get back on D.

Quote:

There is a part of me that can't wait until our playoff stint is up and we get rid of Woodson and Knight. I've got to believe they are gone after this. This "era" of Hawks basketball, led by these two guys, has been painful, embarrassing, and unbearable. I'm sorry, but I can't be one of those guys who says "let's get over not picking Chris Paul and Deron Williams." Regardless of whether
fans
thought Marvin was the pick, our talent evaluators, who get paid to make the right decision, blew it. And watching Paul take a roster, that I feel is less talented than ours, to the top of the West is a bitter pill to swallow. For those who say Billy did good drafting Horford (no brainer at 3) and Smith, I'd counter by saying he missed on Deng and Iggy (I love Chillz, but these guys are bonafied starters), gave Speedy a King's ransom to sit on the bench, promised Shelden Williams the 5th spot anmissed on guys like Roy, Rondo, and Williams, and refuses to give us a big on the bench outside of Zaza.

To hear Woodson say we can't run because we don't rebound and defend, when Phoenix has made a living off running a playing zero defense (outside of Raja Bell) is too much.

As Hawks fans, we deserve more. It's my hope, a good coach is watching this team in the playoffs and is saying "hey if I had that team, I could do so much more." More than that, I pray the Spirit have already decided Woodson isn't it. Good assistant, bad head coach.

Beyond Woody, we haven't had a real coach since Lenny. I always challenged the idea that the whole JT, Reef, Big Dog, and Ratliff experiment couldn't have worked. You entrusted that roster with Lon Kruger and Terry Stotts. And the same vein, we gave Woody this team and potentially Smith and Chillz could be gone before we can see them with a real coach.

I don't mean for this post to be the same repetitive "I hate Billy and Woody post" that pop up every day. However, with no 1st rd pick, a daunting task in Boston, Smoove and Chillz in contract years, and the expectation that we should be better, I've got to believe, after the clock hits triple zeros, the front office will finally get it right.

I've got to believe that...

I think there is a part of everyone here that feels this way. But you might as well try and enjoy the playoffs while they are here. Once we lose, it's a looooooong time until next season! There will be plenty of time for fire Woody and BK talk smile.gif

Today's game (although I realistically didn't think we'd beat Boston) confirmed why I made this post to begin with. This team doesn't show up and makes stupid plays. I know they are young. But Philly and NO is young. Woody and Billy have to go as soon as Boston eliminates us. It's that simple. Horford is the only untouchable on this team. Joe is second. He can't score being quadruple teamed. Boston doesn't fear our shooters so they concentrate on Joe and he gets clamped down on. Childress is a good piece. Everyone else is expendable. This series, in my opinion, is showing us who can go and who can stay.

If Woody is still here next season I will be boycotting until he is canned. I understand losing to the Celtics, but his strategy (or lack thereof) and sub patterns continue to frustrate and baffle me. I really don't understand how Acie plays now, but isn't good enough to play during the regular season. Don't understand.