• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Michael Redd

exodus

The Bucks are a wreck and I think Redd could be had. What would be the most you would be willing to give up for him?

the Hawks lack shooting but a 2/3 combination of Redd and JJ would remedy that in a hurry. JJ certainly has the size to easily play the 3.

it's weird you say that i was just thinking last night that getting another SG would still fit with JJ having the ability to play the SF position....i dont know how possibly we could afford it but if somehow a trade of Marvin could help facilitate it then maybe there's an answer somewhere.

Quote:

it's weird you say that i was just thinking last night that getting another SG would still fit with JJ having the ability to play the SF position....i dont know how possibly we could afford it but if somehow a trade of Marvin could help facilitate it then maybe there's an answer somewhere.

a Marvin trade might be a bit too optimistic. Redd probably isn't quite as good as JJ but he is close.

Probably the only way we would get him would be a package including either Smith or Horford. I am just undecided if that would be the right way to go.

Quote:

Probably the only way we would get him would be a package including either Smith or Horford. I am just undecided if that would be the right way to go.

Trading Horford for Redd is CERTAINLY the WRONG way to go. Redd may be comparable to JJ as a scorer but he is no where close as a facilitator, defender or overall player. And given his salary, I'm pretty sure we'd have to send close to $12M in salaries to the Bucks.

I'd rather have Mike Miller than Redd.

Quote:

Quote:

Trading Horford for Redd is CERTAINLY the WRONG way to go. Redd may be comparable to JJ as a scorer but he is no where close as a facilitator, defender or overall player. And given his salary, I'm pretty sure we'd have to send close to $12M in salaries to the Bucks.

The salaries aren't an issue. We could easily include Bibby in the deal. He isn't much of a playmaker or defender. The main reason JJ benefited from Bibby is because Bibby is a threat to score. We need more perimeter scoring and that is what Redd does. Teams won't be able to double JJ all game with Redd on the court.

Having JJ and Redd at the 2/3 will make it easier to play Law at the point because his lack of outside shooting won't be as much of a problem.

But it will almost certainly take Smith or Horford to make the deal.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The salaries aren't an issue. We could easily include Bibby in the deal. He isn't much of a playmaker or defender. The main reason JJ benefited from Bibby is because Bibby is a threat to score. We need more perimeter scoring and that is what Redd does. Teams won't be able to double JJ all game with Redd on the court.

Having JJ and Redd at the 2/3 will make it easier to play Law at the point because his lack of outside shooting won't be as much of a problem.

But it will almost certainly take Smith or Horford to make the deal.

Redd, JJ and Horford or Smith isn't exactly Allen, Pierce and Garnett, but in the East it isn't bad.

I still probably would not do it because if the Hawks trade away Horford or Smith their frontline because paper thin (as if it is not already).

He came into the league known as a defensive player and developed his offensive game. Remember way back when former Hawk draft pick Scoonie Penn was thought to be the better of the two?

I would definitely support trading for Redd but not at the cost of Smoove or Horford. I would certainly give up 2 of Marvin, Childress, or Bibby to get him though. Preferably Bibby with one of those two. That would allow Acie to start at PG without the need for him to be a great shooter right away.

• Premium Member

I don't think it would take Smith or Horford to get Redd. Redd's really lost value recently with his bad defense, not good playmaking skills and chucking.

I think a Marvin/Bibby trade would be a good start. The Bucks would get a HUGE expiring contract along with a 21 year old player who is already averaging 15 ppg. Guarantee they wouldn't get a much better deal than that. Look what Iverson/Gasol/Vince were traded for, those guys are all better than Redd. I honestly think that would be a fair deal and I'd do it in a heartbeat.

what about sending smoove in a sign and trade for redd!! i really like smoove but the only way i see us bringing in redd and making it work is if we move jj to the three which is fine but at some point we really need to get horford back to his natural power forward position.... thats the only reason i would even mention trading smoove for redd

Quote:

The problem is that Redd isn't a leader. He is as quiet as JJ is. Like I have been saying we need a vocal thug, tough guy type of leader. If our goal is to beat Celtics, Orlando, Toronto, Washington and Detroit, we need a post player. We need to take a chance on O'neal or Artest.

Acie is that type of guy.He was doing it at the beginning of the year.lol Woody pulled him for getting on Smoove one time.He can't really be a leader now while being a bench player that rarely plays.He'll step up when he gets the chance.

Quote:

what about sending smoove in a sign and trade for redd!!
i really like smoove but the only way i see us bringing in redd and making it work is if we move jj to the three which is fine but at some point we really need to get horford back to his natural power forward position.... thats the only reason i would even mention trading smoove for redd

That is one option.

if we could trade Marvin/Bibby for Redd to me that would be the best case scenario.

Quote:

Quote:

what about sending smoove in a sign and trade for redd!!
i really like smoove but the only way i see us bringing in redd and making it work is if we move jj to the three which is fine but at some point we really need to get horford back to his natural power forward position.... thats the only reason i would even mention trading smoove for redd

That is one option.

if we could trade Marvin/Bibby for Redd to me that would be the best case scenario. would do that all day.they would have to give more than just Redd though.Lol but to unload those two I would take a 2nd with that,heck i'd do that trade straight up.

JB, I totally agree with you. In fact, I'd go for BOTH Artest and JON, and then balance out the roster with further trades!

For Artest, it would be tough, as I think they want a PF (they would play Salmons at SF). Financially, a Chilz/Artest trade would work, and you would think Chilz would love to go back to northern California. I just don't know how ot make this one work from Sacto's perspective, unless a third team was involved that wanted Chilz for a PF. Forthe sake of this post, assume you can make it work.

For JON, Indy desparately wants a PG. Bibby and Speedy would match up, and I would think Indy would jump at that deal.

Now you would be loaded up in your front court, but weak in your backcourt. Best way to remedy that would be a trade of Smith, Zaza and Law for Calderon and Rasho. I don't think Totonto is going to pay Calderon $10M/year, and that's what he's going to get. Law gives them the backup they need, and getting Smith to team with Bosh would be a dream for them.

Now you need some more depth, so trade Marvin to Portland for Webster (underachiever like Marvin), Jack and a 2nd round pick. Webster gives you the outside shooting, and Jack is a perfect combo guard that can make a 3 man rotation in the backcourt with JJ and Calderon.

That would leave a starting line-up of Horford, JON, Artest, JJ and Calderon, with Rasho, Jones, Webster, Richardson (resigned), West (resigned), Jack and a 2nd round pick. Fill the last 1-3 spots with cheap journeymen to complete the roster.

The salaries would be somewhere just north of $70M, but could be lowered at the deadline if the team wasn't performing. And Rasho expires at the end of the season, which could get you back under for the following year (depending what you do with Artest/Webster/Jack).

When you think of this starting 5 vs. Boston, you start thinking of the real possibilities a team like this could have:

Horford vs Perkins

O'Neal vs Garnett

Artest vs Pierce

JJ vs Allen

Calderon vs Rondo

I love playing fantasy GM!

Quote:

JB, I totally agree with you. In fact, I'd go for BOTH Artest and JON, and then balance out the roster with further trades!

For Artest, it would be tough, as I think they want a PF (they would play Salmons at SF). Financially, a Chilz/Artest trade would work, and you would think Chilz would love to go back to northern California. I just don't know how ot make this one work from Sacto's perspective, unless a third team was involved that wanted Chilz for a PF. Forthe sake of this post, assume you can make it work.

For JON, Indy desparately wants a PG. Bibby and Speedy would match up, and I would think Indy would jump at that deal.

Now you would be loaded up in your front court, but weak in your backcourt. Best way to remedy that would be a trade of Smith, Zaza and Law for Calderon and Rasho. I don't think Totonto is going to pay Calderon $10M/year, and that's what he's going to get. Law gives them the backup they need, and getting Smith to team with Bosh would be a dream for them.

Now you need some more depth, so trade Marvin to Portland for Webster (underachiever like Marvin), Jack and a 2nd round pick. Webster gives you the outside shooting, and Jack is a perfect combo guard that can make a 3 man rotation in the backcourt with JJ and Calderon.

That would leave a starting line-up of Horford, JON, Artest, JJ and Calderon, with Rasho, Jones, Webster, Richardson (resigned), West (resigned), Jack and a 2nd round pick. Fill the last 1-3 spots with cheap journeymen to complete the roster.

The salaries would be somewhere just north of $70M, but could be lowered at the deadline if the team wasn't performing. And Rasho expires at the end of the season, which could get you back under for the following year (depending what you do with Artest/Webster/Jack).

When you think of this starting 5 vs. Boston, you start thinking of the real possibilities a team like this could have:

Horford vs Perkins

O'Neal vs Garnett

Artest vs Pierce

JJ vs Allen

Calderon vs Rondo

I love playing fantasy GM!

no way should we trade Acie.nevermind I looked at the whole post.U would be great.........with the New York Knicks.Stick to NBA Live man even though I don't even that is even possible on there without cheating.

Quote:

Redd and JJ is not a good combo to me..both are shooters and scorers. We need a SF who can take it to the basket strong and who is mentally tough and aggresive like Ron Artest/Jefferson type of player

Huh? We have Smith and Horford who can score taking it to the basket. The problem is that the lane is too crowded because we lack perimeter scoring.

Redd gets to the line 7 times a game (8 last year) and scores 5.6 ppg inside compared to 4.0 for JJ.

I like Jefferson too. Frankly i would take either one easily for Marvin/ Bibby.