Hawks vs Celtics game thread

DJlaysitup

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks have some overpaid players and overdrafted players.Bibby, sheesh, what a waste....Marvin what a waste...JJ needs to catch fire he gets paid like a top 5 player. Coaching stinks ...this isn't a very smart basketball team and it has bad coaching that about sums it up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Celtics might be better but there playing there A game and the Hawks are just not playing sound fundamental ball they could be in this game if they did.

Wouldn't matter if the Hawks were playing their 'A' game or not.

The Celtics have three playoff-savvy HOFers on their roster desperate for a championship, solid team defense, and a good bench.

Is it me or does Horford spend an extraordinary amount of time on the perimeter on defense. Doesn't he know that he is the center of this team regardless where he is best suited. A foot of his has to be in the paint at all times no matter what.

• Premium Member

You know, the sloppiness and general unawareness doesn't really surprise me.

What does surprise me is how poorly Bibby is playing. Wasn't his playoff leadership the reason why the Hawks were willing to pay him $15M next year?

Methinks he may become trade deadline bait if this continues...

• Premium Member

Quote:

What does surprise me is how poorly Bibby is playing. Wasn't his playoff leadership the reason why the Hawks were willing to pay him $15M next year?

Meanwhile, the guy that everybody hates is 3 for 3 with one turn over

Quote:

nah off-season trade and he's not bait,just a throw in with Marvin,we'd be lucky to get a decent bench player but i'll take it.

This game is still win-able. We've got to box out and hussle. In the first half, we were getting out rebounded by their GUARDS! For example, Rondo ripping the ball from Marvin, Cassel just blowing past Childress to get the rebound, etc. I've been saying this since forever, if we outrebound any team, more than likely, we will be put in a very good position to win that game.

Come on, Atlanta... you're still in this.

P.S. - Kudos to Woodson for putting Acie in. Props to Acie for showing what he's got. Now please put Richardson in for at least a couple minutes if someone needs to sub out. I'm sure he's eager to show that he's got as well, might as well give him a shot.