• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another Woody quote

exodus

During the game Woody had a priceless quote about Acie but i forgot to post about it last night. They were doing the in game interview with Woody and he was talking about how Acie was a good matchup because of his size and quickness blah blah and then he said

"He knows our offensive sets"

I couldn't believe it. Just when you think Woody couldn't possibly say something dumber he manages to surpass himself.

Quote:

During the game Woody had a priceless quote about Acie but i forgot to post about it last night. They were doing the in game interview with Woody and he was talking about how Acie was a good matchup because of his size and quickness blah blah and then he said

"He knows our offensive sets"

I couldn't believe it. Just when you think Woody couldn't possibly say something dumber he manages to surpass himself.

I guess Bibby hasn't been able to learn our complicated offensive sets yet? smile.gif

What sets are those Woody?

If Acie has all these advantages, why did you take him out as soon as he was heating up?

This guy is such an embarrassment. Between the huge stupid ring and his bald head and the pictures of the trophy, I can't take it anymore!

yeah, that statement is dumb for a multitude of reasons..

first, well duh, i hope he knows our offensive sets...and did he learn those the night before and that's why you didnt play him the night before?

but mostly, THAT'S NOT THE REASON TO PUT HIM IN...the reason you play him is that he's quick and plays good defense..

side note- although cassell was able to score, i thought law played good defense on him..sam just had some crafty moves he made...

and why do we keep setting screens for acie to get past cassell? HE DOESNT NEED A SCREEN. he's quick enough and that keeps our big man down low to block out.

Quote:

yeah, that statement is dumb for a multitude of reasons..

first, well duh, i hope he knows our offensive sets...and did he learn those the night before and that's why you didnt play him the night before?

but mostly, THAT'S NOT THE REASON TO PUT HIM IN...the reason you play him is that he's quick and plays good defense..

side note- although cassell was able to score, i thought law played good defense on him..sam just had some crafty moves he made...

and why do we keep setting screens for acie to get past cassell?
HE DOESNT NEED A SCREEN.
he's quick enough and that keeps our big man down low to block out.

I know. I ask myself the same thing with JJ. Why set a screen and beg for JJ to get doubled?

Cheryl Miller said Law was obviously bigger and faster then Bibby.

Woody said, " Ya, thats why we are going with Law. He is a better match up."

Glad he can admit that. However, I doubt the minutes shake out that way from here on out.............After all Woody would not even play Law in a meaningless game vs. the Heat the last game of the year and now he wants Law to come to the rescue. Woody, I know you try, but don't let the door hit you on the way out after the season.

A good coach would have for-seen the Rondo and Bibby matchup and been playing Law more rather then Salim the last week (or month) of the season to get him as ready as possible.

Doc Rivers was microphoned for the game. You could hear him tell as assistant, " I told you this would be the guy (Law) to beat us off the dribble." Doc knew it.......Woody seems to the last to know it.

Fratello does good to not diss Woodson but you can't help but get the impression he can see himself coaching this team when he says:

1. "Plays like that are where Josh Smith has to be smarter."

2. "Shots like that are where Smith tells the coach , ' Coach but I'm open.' The challenge is getting him to understand WHY he is open.... b/c you shoot 1 for 12 from there."

3. "Now you see why Woodson elected to go with the rookie, Law."

4. "The first part of beating the Celtics defense is understanding the Celtics defense."

Above are just a few quotes I remember him saying during the game that make you say hmmmm.

You know that if Fratello were to be coach and Nique & Willis were to tell the Hawks "You better listen to this guy (Fratello ). He knows what he is talking about. He coached us and Doc for 7 years." I really think he could get the players attention. A 60 year old Fratello seems much different then the firey 40 year old Fratello we used to know.

Quote:

He said that we have had trouble getting into our sets, so that is why Acie is playing. But Acie could not get ff the bench to end the season.

How can anybody defend this clown.

I am sure northcyde with give it a shot, but not even Stretch from the Fantastic Four can reach far enough to actually make sense of Woody's nonsense.

Hey north, what happened to grooming Salim to be our primary bench scorer against Boston?

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

Glad he can admit that. However, I doubt the minutes shake out that way from here on out.............After all Woody would not even play Law in a meaningless game vs. the Heat the last game of the year and now he wants Law to come to the rescue. Woody, I know you try, but don't let the door hit you on the way out after the season.

A good coach would have for-seen the Rondo and Bibby matchup and been playing Law more rather then Salim the last week (or month) of the season to get him as ready as possible.

Just more evidence of Woody's incompetence, as if more was needed.

the plays that are called all the way through rather than breaking the play off if the first option is taken away. That implied to me that our guys were freelancing too much and not sharing the ball.

The problem with that though is that if you tell Bibby, JJ or whomever to run the play all the way through and they break it off, why are you not taking them out, telling them why you took them out and putting someone in who will try to run the play all the way through?

• Premium Member

Quote:

And all this time I thought that you were a woodson apologist.

Quote:

Follow up question.......why did it take you almost a game and a half to figure that out?

Did someone steal your Tivo?

Quote:

Quote:

Follow up question.......why did it take you almost a game and a half to figure that out?

Did someone steal your Tivo?

Then we would have seen his famous trademark "The WTF JUST HAPPENED LOOK."

LMAO !

• Moderators

Quote:

why are you not taking them out, telling them why you took them out and putting someone in who will try to run the play all the way through?

Haven't we been asking that for 3 years with Josh Smith's 3pt shooting?

Oh man, that look, i cherish that look.....Everytime they showed Doc, Doc was either talking or yelling or pointing or analyzing it seemed... Woody?...."If I look like I can't believe this is happening, it will cover up the fact that I have no clue what is going on."

• Premium Member

Quote:

Oh man, that look, i cherish that look.....Everytime they showed Doc, Doc was either talking or yelling or pointing or analyzing it seemed... Woody?...."If I look like I can't believe this is happening, it will cover up the fact that I have no clue what is going on."

The moment I had shaking my head was when they showed Doc Rivers in their Mic'ed up segment.

He took out Glenn Davis after an over the back and you could see him talking to him.

Paraphrasing: "You understand why I'm pulling you right? You understand that you can't do that in a playoff game, give them free throws on a loose ball right?... Ok kid, keep your head up 'cause you're going back in soon"

Then later in the game Glenn Davis comes in and has some key plays...

God... I'd give my left nut for a half decent coach like Doc Rivers.

I just PRAY every night that they don't have a Mic'ed up with Woody during this series... I already get enough crap from all the people in my classes about the Hawks' efforts in the playoffs., that would be adding insult to injury.

Quote:

Quote:

The moment I had shaking my head was when they showed Doc Rivers in their Mic'ed up segment.

He took out Glenn Davis after an over the back and you could see him talking to him.

Paraphrasing: "You understand why I'm pulling you right? You understand that you can't do that in a playoff game, give them free throws on a loose ball right?... Ok kid, keep your head up 'cause you're going back in soon"

Then later in the game Glenn Davis comes in and has some key plays...

God... I'd give my left nut for a half decent coach like Doc Rivers.

I just PRAY every night that they don't have a Mic'ed up with Woody during this series... I already get enough crap from all the people in my classes about the Hawks' efforts in the playoffs., that would be adding insult to injury.

yeah, when the showed a clip of woody in the lockerroom, it was all of like 3 seconds and he didnt get time to say much....actually i would love to see a clip during a huddle and hear Woody go "Ok Mike (bibby), what do you think we should do?" he's be so fired after that........................maybe.

• Moderators

Quote:

yeah, when the showed a clip of woody in the lockerroom, it was all of like 3 seconds and he didnt get time to say much....actually i would love to see a clip during a huddle and hear Woody go "Ok Mike (bibby), what do you think we should do?" he's be so fired after that........................maybe.

I would love for Woodson to be on a microphone to get a chance to see whether he is conveying some real strategic insight that is being ignored or if he is saying what we all think he is.