• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Emeka Okafor

Johnnybravo4

The problem with this fa base, is that 80% of the people think that Josh Smith is untradeable or something. With Okafor being able to play center, you slide Horford to PF. A position in which he may already be better than Smoove at.

Tell Charlotte to basically swap us Okafor for Smoove, and sign them to identical contracts.

C - Okafor

PF - Horford

F - Marvin ( or trade him also for a more complete player )

G - JJ

PG - Law ( or Bibby )

Then we have to hope that Horford is the stud at PF that we hoped, while Okafor still give us the shot blocking ability that Smoove brought to the table. Okafor's ability to guard the post will balance the squad out better.

On Charlotte's end . .

C - Nazr

PF - Smoove

F - Morrison ( if healthy )

G - J-Rich

PG - Felton

Quote:

The problem with this fa base, is that 80% of the people think that Josh Smith is untradeable or something. With Okafor being able to play center, you slide Horford to PF. A position in which he may already be better than Smoove at.

Tell Charlotte to basically swap us Okafor for Smoove, and sign them to identical contracts.

C - Okafor

PF - Horford

G - JJ

PG - Law ( or Bibby )

Then we have to hope that Horford is the stud at PF that we hoped, while Okafor still give us the shot blocking ability that Smoove brought to the table. Okafor's ability to guard the post will balance the squad out better.

On Charlotte's end . .

C - Nazr

PF - Smoove

G - J-Rich

PG - Felton

I have definitely shifted my opinion to that of we HAVE to move Horf to PF next year. I would totally be all for Okafor if it means trading Smith. Smith is about the only way we will get a bona fide Center in here...and people need to understand that. But I would really like to see Marvin traded. I like him, and he has incrementally improved, but all he has is a decent midrange jumper and decent defense. He is more of a role player off the bench on an established team like the Celtics or Pistons. He is no adequate starter...let's trade him while we can for a better Forward that doesnt play soft as hell.

Quote:

C - Okafor

PF - Horford

G - JJ

PG - Law ( or Bibby )

On Charlotte's end . .

C - Nazr

PF - Smoove

G - J-Rich

PG - Felton

Charlotte has Gerald Wallace already so I doubt they would want Smoove.

Quote:

Quote:

C - Okafor

PF - Horford

G - JJ

PG - Law ( or Bibby )

On Charlotte's end . .

C - Nazr

PF - Smoove

G - J-Rich

PG - Felton

Charlotte has Gerald Wallace already so I doubt they would want Smoove.

But, Gerald Wallace said some months ago that he was no longer interested in playing the PF position because he had to bang against bigger guys and it was taxing on him (he said this around the time he got injured). If they see Smoove as a PF, then they wouldn't be averse to considering Smoove.

Quote:

Okafor and Horford are the same player. The frontline doesn't work without the dynamics of Smoove up front. Besides, Bob johnson isn't going to want to pay a redundant player in Smoove 15 million per.

Combine Measurements: Ht w/o shoes, Ht in shoes, wing span , standing reach , body fat

Okafor, Emeka 6'8.5" 6'10" 257 7'4" 9'2.5"

Al Horford 6-8¾ 6-9¾ 244 7-0¾ 8-11

Smith, Josh 6'7" 6'8.25" 221 7'0" 8'10.5"

For Comparisons sake (1st round Centers in 2007)

Greg Oden 6-11 7-0 257 7-4¼ 9-4

Joakim Noah 6-10½ 7-0 223 7-1¾ 8-10½

Jason Smith 6-10¾ 6-11½ 233 6-10¾ 8-10

Okefor has a 3.5'' standing reach advantage over Horford and a 3.25'' longer wing span then Horford. This allow Okefor to play a little more like a true center in the post.

I wonder if Smith has grown any since he entered the leauge out of HS ?

Got to get back work.

EDS: Damn . . . I knew I was forgetting somebody on that Charlotte lineup.

C- Nazr

PF - Smoove

F - Wallace

G - J-Rich

PG - Felton

JBravo: We're better off with 2 Horford's, than one Horford and one Smoove. And I don't think neither Okafor nor Smoove are worth the MAX. At most, both are worth 10.5 - 12 million. 5yrs - 55 million is probably more like it.

Where we get killed at from a team standpoint, is with giving up offensive rebounds. Smoove, while a good rebounder, isn't a guy that goes all out to get rebounds all the time. And his loose cannon attributes can be a blessing and a curse for us. And until he changes his mindset, and plays more with a Shawn Kemp like fierceness instead of a Rashard Lewis mentality, he's not going to get to the level that everyone thinks he will. He'll always be that athletic SF that can block shots, but isn't really physical enough to be an all-star PF. I mean, Gerald Wallace is much more physical of a player than Smoove.

An Okafor - Horford frontline makes us tougher defensively, and a better rebounding team. The only questionmark would be if Horford can really become a consistent offensive performer if he got the shots to be one.

To see Horford averaging 14.5 ppg, 9.5 rebs, and shooting 58% FG against a great Celtic defense, while Smoove is averaging 9.5 ppg, 7.5 rebs, and shooting a dismal 26% FG ( 2nd only to Bibby's 23.5% FG shooting ), it's a wake-up call for the direction this organization might go in regards to Smith.

Even in the 3 games during the regular season:

Horford: 15.7 ppg - 9.7 rebs - 55% FG

Smith: 15.7 ppg - 6.7 rebs - 38% FG

Smith wants to be an efficient offensive player, but he can't be one if he doesn't get tough at the PF position. It's just not going to happen. He'll always be a finesse guy, without a jumper. People keep saying that he'll develop a jumper, but I don't see it.

I'm definitely against trading Smith for a bag of chips. You don't trade him for a scrub center like a Przybilla, Nesterovic, or even a Biendrins. For Okafor I would though.

I'll say this again. Elton Brand should be our target this summer. If we have to let both Smith go to sign Elton, then sign Elton to an extension, then so be it. Then you get rid of Bibby's azz at the trade deadline for either expirings, or a nice SF, so that we maybe can make the same decision to get rid of Marvin if need be in the summer of 2009.

But if no big time talents can be brought in, I'm all for keeping this current squad together. I just know that they'll just be flawed as hell, and may never win a game against a physical defensive team.

Quote:

Quote:

I can't really come up with anybody decent that would be available for a large expiring and a young player(s)/draft picks.

I would definitely take Redd for Marvin/bibby and the Bucks fans seemed open to the idea. They don't think Redd can be the number 1 option on a contender and the same could be said for JJ. But together they could be a tough combo.

Each night JJ faces the toughest perimeter defender on the other team as well as getting doubled. Redd faces the same thing. But together things would be much easier for both and their perimeter games would open up the middle for smith and Horford.

The Redd idea is interesting. I wonder if a bigger deal could be worked out that nets the Hawks Redd and Bogut? The Bucks are loaded with big guys and thin at SF. We are thin at bigs but well stocked with swing guys. Something like Marvin/Bibby/Childress/?? for Redd and Bogut? We need to send something else to the Bucks but I can't see what it is that the Hawks have that would make this deal work...

My thinking is that the Hawks still need another big and Bogut would be a very nice piece to add in. Bogut doesn't seem to fit in with the Bucks but he might with the Hawks.

Quote:

I wonder if a bigger deal could be worked out that nets the Hawks Redd and Bogut?

Bogut had a strong season and I read the bucks and Bogut are very close on extension talks right now. I don't see any chance of getting Bogut.

I don't think we can trade for a quality big because they are too hard to get. I think we will have to settle for a lesser player using the MLE to split time at center with Horford.

What y'all do not understand is that Smoove is virtually untradable. Unless you replace Smoove with Kobe, Lebron, Howard or someone of that ilk. You can't go to our fragile fanbase and say "Hey we are making a smart basketball move and are trading our most excitiing homegrown player for a rebounding defensive PF/C hybrid, to ease the pressure of our other PF/C hybrid.

I mean, why do you think we get the 16,0000+ announced crowd we do get? You think they are coming to see Marvin Williams? Joe? Speedy?

It is not any of those players in the higlight reels everynight...it is Josh Smith...and in that case you better make damn sure you replace him with someone equally as exciting. In atlanta you just can't win, you have to win with Pizazz, and having this starting lineup

Law

JJ

Marvin

Horford

Okafor

Does not say pizazz...we would be less exciting than the Spurs and Pistons and we probably wouldn't win any more either.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What y'all do not understand is that Smoove is virtually untradable. Unless you replace Smoove with Kobe, Lebron, Howard or someone of that ilk. You can't go to our fragile fanbase and say "Hey we are making a smart basketball move and are trading our most excitiing homegrown player for a rebounding defensive PF/C hybrid, to ease the pressure of our other PF/C hybrid.

I mean, why do you think we get the 16,0000+ announced crowd we do get? You think they are coming to see Marvin Williams? Joe? Speedy?

It is not any of those players in the higlight reels everynight...it is Josh Smith...and in that case you better make damn sure you replace him with someone equally as exciting. In atlanta you just can't win, you have to win with Pizazz, and having this starting lineup

Law

JJ

Marvin

Horford

Okafor

Does not say pizazz...we would be less exciting than the Spurs and Pistons and we probably wouldn't win any more either.

What fan base???

Smoove is not bringing people in?? Do you watch the games. IF Smoove is such a fan favorite, where are the bodies?

Here's what will bring them in... Dominant play. If we strung together a 50 + win season under a coach with a name... then you will see fans out.

The smartest move is the basketball move.

The basketball move would be to clear up our logjam.

That means either Smoove goes toSf and Marvin goes and we get a C...

or

Smoove goes and we get a Center.

Horford can replace Smoove in the fanbase. Horf should be ROY. If he is rewarded with the PF position and a running mate like Okafor or Aldridge or Oden.. then yes sir buddy. the fans will soon forget Smoove.

Quote:

Like I said the small fans we get are Smoove related. Look at the kids. 85% of the jerseys are Josh Smith jerseys. Without Smoove, we don't break 10,000 per

lol, no one comes to see Smoove, I had a Mookie Blaylock J, he was my fav hawk at that time of my life. When he left, I was a little hurt but he wasn't Nique.

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said the small fans we get are Smoove related. Look at the kids. 85% of the jerseys are Josh Smith jerseys. Without Smoove, we don't break 10,000 per

lol, no one comes to see Smoove, I had a Mookie Blaylock J, he was my fav hawk at that time of my life. When he left, I was a little hurt but he wasn't Nique.

Let me change that, not many people come to see Smoove like Vick or someone special like Chipper. He not even lukewarm.