• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SHAME ON YOU if you don't have playoff tix

TheNorthCydeRises

. . . especially those of you who live in Metro ATL.

As of 1 PM Thursday, that game was NOT sold out, because i just bought my tickets today. Sec 207. $55 ( $64 with tax, extra charges, etc )

Now we all have special circumstances that will keep us from going to a game, like family, job, sickness, etc.

But these are the PLAYOFFS!!! If anything, you should be trying to find a reason TO attend the game, not a reason to get out of it.

If you want management to put a great product on the floor, the die hard fans HAVE to support the team during the playoffs. So if you're in ATL, get a ticket for game 3 or game 4.

Quote:

Quote:

I wish I could be there!!

how did you become a Hawks fan Rick?

I had always played basketball, but back in the early 90s the NBA started to get big over here, and people started to go for teams; the usual suspects at the time Boston, Chicago, Lakers. I'm not one to follow what everyone else is doing and just go for the best team, I really liked Spud cause he is short like me and of course Dominique and his powerful dunks, so I went for the Hawks and been faithfully following them since. For many years I hardly saw any games, as they didnt broadcast them here. Graymule from this board sent me a few tapes a few years ago, which was much appreciated. The last couple of years Ive been able to download a few games that have been captured, it hasnt been till this year that Ive been able to watch them live thanks to NBALP. This yeah Ive probably seen about 70-75 of the games, whereas before I was lucky to see 5 games a year.

Looks like I'll be there in November, just waiting for the new schedule to come out so I can book some flights, I'm hoping for a three game homestand in early to mid November, that would fit in perfectly with the couple of Falcons games I hope to catch.

Cheers

Rick

Those guys need our support more than ever. It's EASY to be a fan when your team is winning but what do you do when your team is struggling? That is the measure of a true fan to me. I get frustrated with them just like I do the Falcons but I am ALWAYS going to be be loud for them and cheer for them both in good times and in bad. Go Hawks!

I'll be there!!!

wasn't someone doing a pregame tailgate?

If we have enough Squawkers going, we should

definitely try and meet up before the game.

Maybe at STATS or at the bar inside Phillips

on the 200 level behind the visitors goal.

Quote:

. . . especially those of you who live in Metro ATL.

As of 1 PM Thursday, that game was NOT sold out, because i just bought my tickets today. Sec 207. $55 ( $64 with tax, extra charges, etc )

Now we all have special circumstances that will keep us from going to a game, like family, job, sickness, etc.

But these are the PLAYOFFS!!! If anything, you should be trying to find a reason TO attend the game, not a reason to get out of it.

If you want management to put a great product on the floor, the die hard fans HAVE to support the team during the playoffs. So if you're in ATL, get a ticket for game 3 or game 4.

Clyde..are you driving from TENN?

• Premium Member

I'll be there. No pregame tailgating for me though as I will be at the AJC car show before the game. I live about three hours from Atlanta(Augusta) and I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, as I usually attend the car show every year. This is the first time I had to worry about a Hawks game this time of year, if you know what I mean. All I want to see for my $100 is effort. I want to see the Hawks compete like I know they can. The first two games were VERY disappointing, but I have a good feeling about this first home game. I get the feeling that this series is going back to Boston. grin.gif

Quote:

Yes sir. It's a 4 1/2 - 5 hour drive for me, if no construction is going on.

Just a forewarning, I-75 is undergoing major consturction in the city every weekend this summer. I think like 2 or 3 lanes will be closed in both directions for repaving. You may want to take that into consideration if you planned on arriving just in time for the game

Quote:

I'll be there!!!

wasn't someone doing a pregame tailgate?

If we have enough Squawkers going, we should

definitely try and meet up before the game.

Maybe at STATS or at the bar inside Phillips

on the 200 level behind the visitors goal.

I'll start a thread on this later today.