• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Saints are working hard to get Dorsey at #2

Admin

According to PFT they have offered 2006 Pro Bowl LT Jamaal Brown and the #10 pick to the Rams for the #2 pick so that they could take Dorsey.

Hypothetically, if that deal were on the table and the Falcons were given a chance to make a move for the #2 pick to get Dorsey instead should the Falcons do it?

As a Falcons fan you guys have to be nervous right now about Ryan potentially being the pick at 3, especially since there are a lot of rumors of teams looking to move into the bottom half of the 1st round to get the 2nd tier QBs. From what I have heard Miami is trying hard to move Jason Taylor to be able to get a shot at Chad Henne or possibly Flacco as both are expected to be gone before the 2nd round starts.

It's gonna be interesting Dolfan...and as all of us Hawks fans know...you gotta get it right on draft day. I hope our new management can judge talent and not be paralyzed if they really think a guy (like Dorsey) can fill a BIG hole.

I think Howies boy (Long) will drop in the draft. QB-wise...I don't see any Elways out there. Ryan may or may not be the best QB coming out of this class. Henne, Flacco and Brohm all have big arms...besides, we don't have the O line to protect any of them.

I really like Dorsey but I have big concerns about his health. I can easily see him being a dominant DT or a big time bust. I see Long as being a very good, but not dominant, DE in a 4-3 for a decade at least. I love his desire for the game and how hard he plays. He has said that he wouldn't take his dads number if the Raiders drafted him which I think says a lot about him.

Gholston is still my pick as the best player in this draft because he can be scary good off the edge or drop back in pass coverage and more than hold his own.

I can't wait for the draft tomorrow though. I'm just hoping the Falcons don't take Ryan. Let's hope that both of our teams get that 2nd tier QB in the early 2nd without having to move up.

Quote:

I really like Dorsey but I have big concerns about his health. I can easily see him being a dominant DT or a big time bust...

Agree 100% - not so much about the "bust" part...but the injuries could catch up. Then again - he could be dominant for 5-6 years which is all you can ask in the NFL (not for long). Pedigrees worry me - who cares who a guy's Dad is...that's the kind of thing ESPN loves to hype. If possible I would maybe trade down for another pick if Dorsey isn't there...I guess...I'm no genius GM.

It'll be fun to watch. I do think the Falcons have adult leadership now.