• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's gotten into Josh Smith tonight!!!

dakast

He's playing under control and doing all the things we know he can do. This is what a COMPLETE all-around game would look like from him (just gotta work on his man defense). He is something special when he is on offensively and under control.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's playing under control and doing all the things we know he can do. This is what a COMPLETE all-around game would look like from him (just gotta work on his man defense). He is something special when he is on offensively and under control.

I'm fine with off-games offensively from him. I just want him to play under control and attack the rim.

On defense, I'd be happy with him picking his spots to block shots, but ALWAYS boxing out.

Our defense has been OK/solid this series, but up until tonight the offense had been atrocious (much of that due to Boston's D, but Bibby, Marvin, etc were terrible offensively).

Tonight we made much better decisions, didn't turn the ball over, and -- most importantly -- moved the ball well to create open shots. Of course, fortunately, we made those open shots...

I think we had something like 28 assists tonight on 36 FGs while we had 26 COMBINED in the first two, and just TEN in game 2. Bibby needs to play exactly like he did today...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Our defense has been OK/solid this series, but up until tonight the offense had been atrocious (much of that due to Boston's D, but Bibby, Marvin, etc were terrible offensively).

Marvin and Josh tend to play poorly if Bibby doesn't take care of the ball, and that's not too surprising considering they're athletic wings.

Bibby's going to have off-nights, but he should NEVER have games where he's constantly losing the ball.

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin and Josh tend to play poorly if Bibby doesn't take care of the ball, and that's not too surprising considering they're athletic wings.

Bibby's going to have off-nights, but he should NEVER have games where he's constantly losing the ball.

I don't think it is going to change. If you watch him closely you will see he constantly jumps to pass and that leads to a lot of turnovers.