• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It seemed Paul Pierce wanted to fight Horford?

HAWKS1986

I don't see where the Commentators tonight were hating on the Hawks. Horford was clearly taunting Pierce. The Lady is a Josh Smith fan. She said Smith was her favorite player to watch on the Hawks. I thought she was very knowledge in her analysis of the Hawks, in particular Josh Smith.

though I thought Horford was a little out of line with the taunting..i dont know what was said or what triggered it so I wont get involved in it. And even though Boston(KG) trash talks alot, they dont point and yell in other players faces but I mean this is the playoffs so who cares lol i still love Horfords emotions!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yeah Peirce was livid... he was walking towards the ATL bench and had to be restrained by none other than Brian Scalabrine in street clothes.

Personally, I don't like it -- a Rookie on the worst team in the playoffs taunting a multiple All-Star and leader on the League's best team, not to mention a team that has destroyed us in our other five meetings season.

I think it's bad form, unless Pierce did something to personally disrespect the Hawks or Al that I don't know about. We just gave ourselves a huge shot of confidence and I'd hate for Pierce to make game 4 his personal crusade....

I don't condone it but I understand.

KG has been talking S--- since game one second 1.

Al has grown up and he's becoming a man in the playoffs.

He's probably going to be snubbed for ROY.

So therefore, he's going to make his mark here.

During the game, I noticed... Leadership from the rook!!! Several times on the sideline.. the rook was in Smoove's ear!!

When you can't earn their respect, you have to take it!

lol, the Celtics can taunt, yell, and scream in the Hawks faces all they want. And yet everybody wants to throw a hissy fit when Horford shows some emotion and lets them know that this is gonna be a series.

Paul Pierce just got mad and threw a fit that someone actually gave all that taunting back to the Celtics.

Am I the only one who remembers Sam Cassell's d**k wagging dance a few weeks ago? Am I the only one who's noticed the Celtics have been showing up teams all year and acting like they're the MJ-era Bulls despite the fact that until Cassell showed up the only one of them with a ring is James Posey? I guarantee you, no matter what SAS or any moron at ESPN said, the rest of the league stood up and applauded Horf for shoving it back in Pierce's smug, overrated face.

Im glad Horford taunted Pierce. Showed him and the celtics that we got balls and that we are not as easy as the world thinks. As far as nba players fighting, its almost a given that it would be some form of sissy slap boxing but im pretty sure the ROY would rip pierce a new one if it came down to it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Im glad Horford taunted Pierce. Showed him and the celtics that we got balls and that we are not as easy as the world thinks. As far as nba players fighting, its almost a given that it would be some form of sissy slap boxing but im pretty sure the ROY would rip pierce a new one if it came down to it.

This would be a good time for Woody to send Solo on a mission to piss Pierce off!!!

Pierce is going to be pissed off game 4. I say in the middle of his pissed off, put Solo on him.

Last night, I got tired of seeing Pierce overpower Marvin and just run into him and make Marvin look clumsier. But Solo is a shot blocker... If Solo could get just one good shot block on Pierce and we follow it up with s--- talk!! Pierce would look to fight. IF it happens Monday before Stern, maybe Stern tosses Pierce for the rest of the series!!

We need to sign Este just for the rest of the playoffs. Este is great at hurting guys in practice, let him collect all 5 fouls early in the game but in so doing take the Cs out of their game.

In all seriousness, what Horf did was out of line, but Pierce's reaction was ridiculous. PP was embarresed that they had lost a game to the Hawks and he was channeling that towards Horford. IMO, the C's have been in the ear of all the Hawks and Horford had a chance to give some back.

Man a win Monday would make this a very very interesting series. The physical intensity of the game could get serious. I agree that Solo needs to be the enforcer off the bench. His only role is to come in an give hard fouls.

Quote:

Am I the only one who remembers Sam Cassell's d**k wagging dance a few weeks ago? Am I the only one who's noticed the Celtics have been showing up teams all year and acting like they're the MJ-era Bulls despite the fact that until Cassell showed up the only one of them with a ring is James Posey? I guarantee you, no matter what SAS or any moron at ESPN said, the rest of the league stood up and applauded Horf for shoving it back in Pierce's smug, overrated face.

Agree 100%. Pierce, Allen, and KG have been begging for a dose of reality. Get those three second guessing, and they are mentally fragile. We won't win the series, but we have at least stood up to them. I love how our fans are apologetic for our players being fired up and going toe-to-toe with the Celts. The looks on their faces were that of fear. Pierce completely short circuited.

Quote:

though I thought Horford was a little out of line with the taunting..i dont know what was said or what triggered it so I wont get involved in it. And even though Boston(KG) trash talks alot, they dont point and yell in other players faces but I mean this is the playoffs so who cares lol i still love Horfords emotions!

Man, F#ck the Celtics!!!!! Especially that b!tch, Paul Pierce! They wanna talk trash all the time, but when somebody dishes it back out to them, he wants to cry like a b!tch and throw up gang signs like somebody is supposed to scared of his punk azz or something. If I'm Mike Woodson, I'm sending Solo on a personal mission to knock Pierce's punk azz out when he's driving to the basket and then throw some mocking gang gestures back in his face as he's lying on the floor. Pierce is a b!tch. If he really wanted to fight Horford, he would have sprinted down the court instead of walking in slow motion. All he was doing was fronting. He was basically trying to act hard, but then begging for one of his teammates to stop him before he actually got close to Horford. Pierce needs to grow up. He's 30 years old and throwing up gang signs. How lame can you be?

Quote:

I wonder if it was a comment about stabbing because Pierce looked really, really pissed off.

What the hell...? Are you kidding?

You must not know Horford then. If you've seen this kid play, you know he does most of the talking with the way he plays on the court. Sure, some of that emotion seeped through and he let himself go a little bit, but is there anything wrong with it? I don't think so. And I highly doubt it was anything about stabbing Pierce.

This emotion coming from Horford comes from the past two games where he tried and he tried, and he just couldn't carry the team on his shoulders. Although I think he was the only consistent player from the first two games, I think Horford really wanted to hit the Celtics back with a counter punch as soon as they got back home. It's good to see some attitude from the best rookie in the league.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Man, F#ck the Celtics!!!!! Especially that b!tch, Paul Pierce! They wanna talk trash all the time, but when somebody dishes it back out to them, he wants to cry like a b!tch and throw up gang signs like somebody is supposed to scared of his punk azz or something. If I'm Mike Woodson, I'm sending Solo on a personal mission to knock Pierce's punk azz out when he's driving to the basket and then throw some mocking gang gestures back in his face as he's lying on the floor. Pierce is a b!tch. If he really wanted to fight Horford, he would have sprinted down the court instead of walking in slow motion. All he was doing was fronting. He was basically trying to act hard, but then begging for one of his teammates to stop him before he actually got close to Horford. Pierce needs to grow up. He's 30 years old and throwing up gang signs. How lame can you be?

Exactly!

As Scalabrine was "restraining" Pierce me and my brother just looked at each other and started laughing... What a [censored] poser, acting as if he was gonna do something. You could tell Horford had him crapping his pants

I think what everyone forgets that when we went up by 15 and they called a TO, Pierce was seen pointing and mumbling to the crowd, "Fairweather Fans"

I think that Horford was a genius. The best way for us to win is for the Celtics to get emotional and forget to execute. Lets not forget that the "Big 3" were mostly playoff failures.

Quote:

I think what everyone forgets that when we went up by 15 and they called a TO, Pierce was seen pointing and mumbling to the crowd, "Fairweather Fans"

I think that Horford was a genius. The best way for us to win is for the Celtics to get emotional and forget to execute. Lets not forget that the "Big 3" were mostly playoff failures.

Haha, very true. But ESPN would never dare put anything like that on the air or in the media. God forbid anyone say anything bad about a New England sports team, and especially anything bad against Kevin Garnett.

Hopefully TNT will catch some of this bush league stuff that Boston has done. Bibby calls Boston fairweather fans? Incident. Pierce says the same thing, swept under the rug because it wasn't in a formal interview setting...